What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Two-Headed Trichome

dub 6

Greetings everyone :tiphat:

I wonder if any of you have ever saw a trichome with 2 heads. I was looking at a piece of bud under my microscope the other day when I noticed it. Was kinda cool so I thought I'd share.

Excuse the pics... They were taken with my iPhone thru my microscope lens. :covereyes:

4r6wow.jpg

1j70h0.jpg

and here's the plant.. an F2 i created on one of my pollen chucking fits, of some Chem Haze Diesel (i think...)

o8fjm0.jpg

mr.brunch

Veteran
wow, thats different!
:thinking:.....if only we could isolate a pheno that does this all the time!!
nice pics

found the pic, now lets see if you can spot it, its not the same as yours, it has a trich growing from a trich but just as funky lol

hb

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
I dont see a second stalk, i propose that that glands surface tension has been disturbed and the inter liquid is seeping out of the original Head.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont see a second stalk, i propose that that glands surface tension has been disturbed and the inter liquid is seeping out of the original Head.

similar to what i thought - the gland has been ruptured and the sticky resin is seeping out.

VG

I want to revive this thread as I recently found 3 headed trichomes. the three headed trichomes are evenly spread among normal trichomes at roughly 50 to 1 ratio. I've also noticed that some times the base of these 3 headed trichomes is larger than normal and somewhat green in color or clear but def hulked out. Here are some pics

IMG_0686_zps0xq28v2m.jpg

IMG_0691_zpstxrmpyqg.jpg

IMG_0693_zpszffffcac.jpg

IMG_0680_zpszdtuw5fs.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts