What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why growing with partners wont work...let's hear your opinion

S

SooperSmurph

All my "partners" want a complete rundown of my entire growing method, genetics, and constant babysitting in return for a share of "the harvest".

Then harvest time comes and I never hear from them again.

So FUCK partners.

You want something? Buy it or get out.

Scrappy-doo

I do feel deeply sad and sorry for someone who has to think that way. It's no world I want to be living in.

I have a good handful of people I would trust with my life.

gumby420

i have to disagree on this one. i have one partner for my small 5k room and one partner for my 12k room. its been 4 years strong and weve never had one shred of a disagreement. i was very good friends with both guys before we started growing, where i lack in construction skills i make up for in growing knowledge and vice versa, its a balance that has worked very well for us. but thats just my case

EastCoast710

I have a serious question. recently. my girls family member.. who grows medicaly.. big room but stays under the plant count.. wants me to do all the work.. so he can go back to work at his business full time..

I told him I wanted to automate and run coco as it would be easier for me to do from a distance.. hes fine with it.. and I would get 40% of each harvest.. from now on.

meaning I can take 40% home with me THE SAME NIGHT WE CHOP.. or around 40%..

hes been doing this for 10 years. but recently has had a few kids.. got into a legal business.. and wants to keep growing for himself.. and to put a few grand in the bank ehre and there.. but doesn't have the time with the new babies and shit..

would this type of partnership be better then most.. as I can literally setup.. go over 1 time a week.. and he can check on everything as he gets home from work to make sure its still running properly so I don't have to be there as often as most

I might just do it because hes 20 years older then me. hes got kids.. a legal job.. and hes not going to snitch on someone with a smaller operation...

i figured 25% is good enough on a 10o0o watt room. if we hit 1.5 a light that's 15lbs.. 25% an extra 3.75 lbs every 75 days. with no overhead.. and very little work. as it will be coco. automated.. but he offered 40% off the bat.

EastCoast710

40% cash no electric,trim,clone bills, maybe worth it.

why not just hang 2 lights for yourself in a closet.

I already run a 6 light operation myself..

this was like.. i went to his place.. saw his setup . was jealous of the room.. lol. perfectly setup.. but his plants were in fucking horrible shape.. so it came up.. and i told him i needed to sleep on it.. lol.. its a decent room.. but.. my idea was to split his room.. into 2 5 or 6ooow rooms.. and have 1 30 days behind the other..

put it this way.. he ran 5000w last run and barely made 5lbs.. because with his job.. babies.. wife.. other shit. the weed is just extra income/ to medicate... i figure.. i can hit atleast 7.5 off 5000w. and it will be way better quality then his meds.. also.

EastCoast710

lol you aren't thinking like me homie.. I'm a spec. and what id be getting from this dude would still make me a spec.. I deal with like my close friends.. and they have no clue what I do.. and the other people take weight.. those guys have been in the game 10 years. been busted before. and no1 snitches.. its weed judges around here let heroin dealers back on the street a day later.. weed is like psh

basically. we see him and his family 2 times a month.. now.. so I would increase that to 4 times a month. maybe 6-8 times a month.. and make around `10 grand.. for maybe 20 hours a month worth of work.. if . and that's if things go smoooooth as fuck.

EastCoast710

Lol if u have to change anything its dumb to compliment him or get jealous.

business people are sketchy imo. i wont take money from them unless they are buying something anymore. if the electric bill is in his name and property then u need to talk about like tha part where u get caught selling or growing lol. which sux.

I don't gotta change really anything but change from soil.. to coco lol.. and automate it..

he just doesn't wana pay attention to it.. and wanted to do hydro but if we have a power outage atleast u can still hand water coco... and keep them under afucking flash light or generator or something but atleast if u cant get the power going . u don't have dead plants.

EastCoast710

whats you're format for picking close friends?

yea hydro is risky.

close friends come with time ... the people who care about you will let it be known.. when a friend calls just to see whats up.. and how your doing.. and how the family is .. and doesn't WANT anything.. just to chat.. that's a fucking FRIEND..

lol.