What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceofspades

I first used RW and Rapid Plugs, also used root tech gel and this powder called green light rooting hormone, honestly I have had mixed results those that were in rapid rooters with gel rooted and those with powder also rooted same with the rockwool...I just recently took another batch of clones ( 25 ) and only used powder but still did every other one with either rapid rooter plugs or rock wool. If I do not see a difference, I will use rockwool only cause its way cheaper.

Good luck and keep experimenting, I just watered some of my new rooted in dirt clones today they look so healthy!

aceofspades

Oh by the way, I can not find perlite or vermiculite anywhere! I am also looking for a heating mat. If anyone knows of a place let me know, I am in the springs and no wal mart or homedepot has anything. Local hydro stores want a lot for the mats but I have not checked on verm or perl.

Thanks
Ace

High

The best thing I found for clone survival is Clonex. I do everything else similar to the other methods. Roots poke through the rockwool cube in about a week.

Cheers.

Balazar

That's a good healthy looking leaf. How did you hold that leaf and put you hand up there for reference and take the picture all at the same time?

K

Kola Radical

Rock Wool is for insulation, not medical cannabis.

Cannabis is the scientific name for "this friend of ours".

Marijuana is the name William Randolph Hearst used to demean and degrade the competition for his newspaper paper.

When I grew up on the border, we called it Mota.

Welcome to Tijuana
Donde coyote de marijuana

HydroManiac

I never have and never will get a card didn't in California and won't in Colorado either I think it's like saying here I am come and bust me

Balazar

Bubble Cloner Pics

Bubble Cloner Pics

Ok, here are some pics of the bubble cloner I did yesterday. I put some cuttings in it today.
picture.php

I had 3 medium sized aquarium air pumps already so I just went and grabbed the container, 3 18" bubble bars and a thermometer. I put my heating mat under it to keep it at 78*f
picture.php

I used liquid cloning gel when taking these cuttings. I also put a few drops of SUPERthrive in the water. I got some good island sweet skunk clones. My other two moms gave me some decent cuttings but after putting them in they started to droop pretty bad. I sprayed them with some RO water (which is what is in the cloner too) and put the old dome over them but it doesn't seem to hold much humidity so I may just ditch it.

Balazar

This is the first time I have tried this method. i hope much faster than the cloning tray with the humidity dome. Also none of the stems are in the water. They are just above it. Does anyone have suggestions for the ph and temp? I know tripsick said 84*f. I am using RO water and it sits right at 7. I usually have to lower it.

M

MacGyver420

i would lower the ph to 6 or even 5.8 if you can get more exact
looks great!

M

movingtocally

Can somebody school me on limits that go above and beyond simply getting a prescription? I heard through a member here that if you can get a doctor to prescribe you above the standard limitations, then you are good to go based on what the doc recommends. Is this accurate?

M

MacGyver420

law says 3 plants flower 6 plants total

there is some thought that you are able to grow however much is medically necessary for you its written in the law and its held in court at least once to my knowledge

feltonmuggs

This is the first time I have tried this method. i hope much faster than the cloning tray with the humidity dome. Also none of the stems are in the water. They are just above it. Does anyone have suggestions for the ph and temp? I know tripsick said 84*f. I am using RO water and it sits right at 7. I usually have to lower it.

Balazar,
I have one first suggestion about your humidity dome - you need to seal it up! The dome needs to trap the air inside, it looks like you just have a plastic cover over the cuts and air is coming in and out through the bottom. The dome needs to trap the air in order to allow the moisture to build up and the dome will condense. Where you bought the dome, there was likely a tray as well, best to match them up as they are designed for each other.

Also, I don't clone in water as you are doing, but I would suggest having a water level high enough for the roots to reach. Unless you are running a mister/sprayer to get the water to the roots, but it looks like you just have air stones in the water and that's not quite enough to create bubbles and spray to get to the roots effectively.

I've been running ISS for a little while now and she is a heavy yielded and 9 weeker for sure.

Good vibes, FM

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Balazar, here I come with a totally different piece of advice: Ditch the humidity dome, it is totally not needed. Even though you are in arid CO, with bubble cloners/aerocloners, the cuts root just fine without a dome, no worries about mold, and no need to harden them off back to the low humidity. I root tons of clones without a dome in my cheapo aero cloner.

M

movingtocally

law says 3 plants flower 6 plants total

there is some thought that you are able to grow however much is medically necessary for you its written in the law and its held in court at least once to my knowledge
outstanding, thank you macgyver. Any idea as to the size of said grows? Are we talking 2 or 3 ounces above the limit or 2 or 3 pounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.