What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceofspades

Colorado growing myself! I love this state! I am very interested in the possible alttitude challenges we face, there have been a few questions floating around in my head for some time now. I am used to growing in the NorthEast where humidity can pose a problem, here lack of humidity. I would love to get a tight knit group going!
Subscribed!

Ace

M

mexilandrace

what high altitude challenges?

I grow in the mountains(literally) and the plants love it.

honestly, the plants grow easier here than in the deep south, which is where I came from.

Really, I fucking love the no humidity here.

Oh, and we better not be like cali was, this needs to be done right, not thrown together with no regulations, huge ass part of what's wrong with the med scene is the state having no clue how to deal.

M

MacGyver420

checking in
hows it going, this is a sweet idea for a thread
feel free to check out what im doing in my grow thread http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=136978

working on some ak47, blueberry and then 2 from bagseed right now just flipped about week and a half ago things are going well, working on building a veg room to the side of my flowering room at the moment; was up in summit county this weekend there was some heady g-13 floatin around...

Balazar

I think this marijuana mega store that is mentioned is cannamart. I went there but they require you to give caregivership over just to go inside. The adds at www.weedmaps.com got me interested in the place but when I went there I was kinda disappointed that they required that I sing over caregivership just to enter. Anyone been there?

aceofspades

That is a bummer, I would love to go check it out, but I suppose its for the best. I have very mixed feelings towards the MMC. I am just not all that pumped about being on a list with all my info and such..Freaks me out.

lvmcgoo

Now that's a thriving industry. You guys are freakin growing quick. oh and so are your buds, they look great. Thanks for sharing. LATER!

M

MacGyver420

That is a bummer, I would love to go check it out, but I suppose its for the best. I have very mixed feelings towards the MMC. I am just not all that pumped about being on a list with all my info and such..Freaks me out.

hey the list is 100% confidential and you have nothing to worry about

The confidentiality of medical marijuana patients in the State of Colorado is protected by law and by the procedures used by the registry. No lists of patients or doctors are given out to anyone. Law enforcement may only call to verify the information on a specific identification card. The Registry database resides on a stand-alone computer and is password protected. The office and all files are locked at night and when the Registry administrator is out of the office.
The department may release information concerning a specific patient to that patient with the written authorization of such patient.

and balazar: stay away from cannamed, amscd, and anything affiliated with them. they have poor quality, overpriced stuff not to mention they are not friendly they act like street thugs and wont tell you where they are located over the phone or what they have in stock just shady all around if your looking for some legit dispensarys check out (in no particular order) patients choice, mile high wellness, herbal wellness, boulder alternative meds, green belly co-op, or highlands health; highlands health has the best prices on clones that ive been able to find anywhere in the state so far at 5$ a pop

aceofspades

I guess I am just paranoid...I suppose someday I might get over that, but at the time being I am happy where I am at.

aceofspades

Colorado is a great place! I hope to have headies in my closet soon, still practicing my cloning skills on my 6 cali skunks. I am getting it down so shouldnt me much longer till I am flowering!

Ace

Marshmello

1191774191656.jpg

aceofspades

Give it time, with the clones..I am super impatient but it took ten days for the first one then 15 and on that batch I am still seeing roots so it takes a while. Just need to get your conditions correct
Ace

feltonmuggs

Give it time, with the clones..I am super impatient but it took ten days for the first one then 15 and on that batch I am still seeing roots so it takes a while. Just need to get your conditions correct
Ace

Conditions are key.
I clone direct into dirt, typically my small (one ounce maybe) clone trays are are showing white roots out the bottom in 5-7 days (no shit). They are transplanted after 10-14 days into 4x4 pots, and after 30 days total veg they go to flower.
I use 45% angles on my snips, and chopstick to create hole in soil.
Use a sharp blade to make slits and scrape the skin off any part of plant going in soil, dip that whole part into clone gel. Pack the soil firmly. Mist well, drop a dome on it and always, always, always use a heated germination pad underneath the dome.
With this method I get 100% roots every time. Allows me the comfort of selecting the best clones or dis guarding the stragglers.

Any questions about my methods just holla. I'm willing to coach, teach, etc.

M

MacGyver420

its about prime time weather wise for indoor grow season lets get growin CO

Balazar

I'm building a bubble cloner today. I have not had much luck with my current method of slicing a new cutting @ 45 degrees then splitting the end of the stem and dipping it in cloning gel. I then place each cutting in a peat pellet and into a humidity dome they go. the temp in the dome stays between 70 and 80 degrees with some help from a heating pad. and my humidity sits between 70-80%. I still am not getting roots after a week and a half on most of these. They are also looking a little droopy :( I don't know what the deal is so I'm going to try the bubble cloner method. Any tips/constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!

feltonmuggs

I'm building a bubble cloner today. I have not had much luck with my current method of slicing a new cutting @ 45 degrees then splitting the end of the stem and dipping it in cloning gel. I then place each cutting in a peat pellet and into a humidity dome they go. the temp in the dome stays between 70 and 80 degrees with some help from a heating pad. and my humidity sits between 70-80%. I still am not getting roots after a week and a half on most of these. They are also looking a little droopy :( I don't know what the deal is so I'm going to try the bubble cloner method. Any tips/constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!

I too had horrible results with peat pellets, their moisture level is so difficult to control and each one is different. Gotta get them into organic soil if you can.
You're splitting the end of the stem? That may be an issue also, try to just 'skin' the stem, as breaking/splitting will disrupt the flow of fluid down to the roots.
One common issue preventing a lot of successful cloners is too much moisture! Mist 1-2 times a day MAX. The important part about moisture is to keep the soil/roots moist, not the whole thing.

Good vibes, FM

M

MacGyver420

heres what i do

take brand new razorblade out of cardboard wrapper (important!)
get my rooting gel in a shot glass just about a cm up or so
take a cutting about 4 nodes down
if my first cut isnt 45 degree angle i make another one, like felton says any area of the plant you gut that gets gel will grow roots
dip into shot glass of gel
i use rapid rooters and stick the cutting in there i just put them in my cheap plasitc humidome for the first 3 days i dont crack it i leave it sealed (ocasionally taking it off to exhange air),

also i mist them with water at least 2 times a day at this point and will continue to do so, this prevent the leaves from transpiring another thing people do is cut the tips of the leafs off so there isnt so much leaf to support and roots can grow

temps should be 80 degrees in there if possible they like it warm!
at 3 days no longer i begin to leave the dome open slightly and after 2 weeks i can usually lift them dome much higher or remove it entirely i just use t5 lighting at this point i find it really encourages healthy root growth (and its cheap too)

try not splitting the stem but just taking the 45 degree cut it works fine for me like felton i can achieve near 100% success with this method its very easy and cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts