What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial How to Make Full Melt Dry Sift!!! photo essay

I'll bet I, and several other posters here, have hashish made today that is better then any 5 or 10 year old piece you can find. Unless your 5 year old is 99.9% pure resin heads and been kept frozen away from Oxygen?
That is, if I know what varieties you like, if you like the highs of NLD or WLD varieties better, I can make one. Even better I can make it with your plant materials that you like the best, all I do is make it 99.9% pure resin heads, you can even press it if you prefer before smoking....
Hashish does not improve quality with pressing or with aging or curing after pressing, it degrades with age, THC turns into CBN, terpenes are lost, this can lead to tastes that some people may prefer but the THC levels and terpene levels have declined with age.
If kept frozen away from oxygen it degrades very, very, slowly, but it does still degrade.
I don't like CBN at all, it ruins a good THC high to me, just like CBD also does to THC, ruins the THC to me. I like lots of THC with the right terpenes, no CBD, no CBN, no THCV, no CBC, no CBG, as they are not what I want. I know I have tried them all 100% pure and mixed with 100% pure THC. I understand some people prefer a THC/CBD mix like found in imported Afghan hash, but I do not. I prefer an afghan hash made with only THC plants, not a mix of resin that is THC/CBD or THC+CBD resins.
To each their own, but if you like getting really really high, not just really really stoned, try THC only hashish resins in NLD (Sativa) varieties. Then again, the terpenes found in most Afghan WLD (Indica) varieties are not really the up, speedy, soaring, clear, euphoric, cerebral, psychedelic high, types I like and are found in many NLD varieties, as much as the narcotic, physical, couch lock types I don't like as much that are found in many WLD varieties....
I also do not like that WLD varieties from sifted hash cultures, if you grow them are 25 % of the population are pure THC with little to no CBD, 50% are a mix of THC/CBD and 25% CBD with little to no THC. So only 25% of the female plants are THC only, which is all I like.
All from the 130+ different terpenes and THC, with or without CBD, etc, or lack of them.
-SamS

Forgot that you invented pure resin Mr Skunkman.

L

Luther Burbank

French, you're not really refuting his claims, and taking shots undermines your argument. I've to disagree with you as well on this topic. Pressing is a taste preference but there's no science behind pressed resin becoming more pure over time.

There is no science behind Luther we all agree on it, but my experience of it should count just a tiny beat instead I am treated like the word ignorant was re-invented for me so I do take shots after being shot at with no scientific evidences of the opposite. The fact that there is no scientific studies on pressing should work both way but I guess not with you guys .

mofeta

Veteran
Hi Frenchy

Your observations are valuable.

The point I am trying to communicate to you deals not with you observations, but your conclusions.

The scientific method is not the natural mode of human thought. It was developed over a long period of time, and key elements of it are counter-intuitive. It must be practiced consciously until it becomes habit, til you replace the normal, everyday type of thinking almost all people employ.

One of the important concepts encompassed by the scientific method is the order in which you carry out the operations.

1. observation
  2. develop candidate explanations for observations
  3. carry out experiments designed to disprove the various candidate explanations
  4. draw conclusions

This is the fastest path to the truth that we currently have.

Normal day to day thinking usually does not follow this algorithm. Natural human thinking is more like this:

1. observation
  2. formulate explanation, draw conclusion
  3. look for evidence that supports the conclusion that has been drawn

This algorithm is called "confirmation bias" by logicians. It is one of the most prevalent logical fallacies that hinder the progress of understanding.

I agree with you that resin changes when you press it, and continues to change over time once it is pressed.

As the judgement over which is "better", this is a a subjective preference, and is not in the domain of science.

So, the observation that it changes is good. Details as to the nature of the change are good too, as long as they are observations (looks different in these ways, smells different in this manner, texture changes in this way etc) and not conclusions (resin corrodes plant matter). Sometimes it is hard not to mix the two. An example is saying "I observe that the green plant matter is no longer there." This is incorrect. The correct observation is "I can no longer distinguish the green matter visually." This second statement contains no conclusions, it just states fact. You can't see the green stuff anymore. The conclusion "it is no longer there" is unsupported by evidence.

You then ask yourself, "Why can't I see the green stuff?" Is it gone? Is it just changed in appearance so it blends in with the other components" etc etc.

Then design experiments to test possible explanations.

THEN, form conclusions.

Then try to find flaws in the conclusion as vigorously as possible.

Report results to community.

HERE IS THE WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE ON CONFIRMATION BIAS

It is fun talking with you.

Now I will go collect data on the effect that the consumption of very clean resin has on my mood and cognition!

L

Luther Burbank

My only point is physical material isn't eaten up in impure hash by aging it. Just physically impossible.

You told me traditional dry sieve teks work just as well as mine but haven't ever looked at it under a loupe or scope... so how do you know this for a fact (science)?

How is that scientific? This is something you should have done decades ago and still have not.

Making blanket statements like that is what they're talking about i'm guessing.

You also told me 'purity does not matter' and that i'm 'hung up on it' yet at the same time.. it would be impossible for you to know the difference now wouldn't it? Maybe the stronger stuff you've gotten over all these years were in *fact* more pure but you just didn't know it, and you took it to be 'genetics' instead of quality control?

I dunno.. shrug.

No more comments, see you soon DSW

Mofeta I did not give conclusions just hypotheses, English is a second language so sorry if you were mislead, the reason of the "confrontation" is because I actually dare check the science behind certain facts given by others as conclusions. Something has been lost in translation, somewhere!

DSW we will see each other and do a session together so what is the point to keep going on the loupe.
Nonetheless I will give you an example of an experience I had and that is shared by many in India. I am knot sure if you have experienced the making of Charas.
Again you will have to trust me on that which you don't but anyway, when you have in your hands 2 to 5 grammes of resin spread out that took a few hours to make, you are very conscious of its cleanliness and its quality, yes even without tools, and I have seen my Charas getting cleaner overtime. Again no science behind just a Dude who experienced it first hand for a few seasons, but if you know people who have made cream in India just ask and see if I had hallucinations.
So seriously DSW would you stop already. I have been repeating that we will work together the same trims with TC filming and as I say he got a brand new macro just for us, plenty close up to keep you happy and anybody who like macro that will be watching it later.
I will even go further and run of the same trims with ice water, then I will lab tests the results of the 3 techniques before and after pressing (not yours obviously) and I guess we may as well test the same hash over a 12 weeks period. tests will include: purity, terpenes profiles, cannabinoids amount, etc. the full spectrum.
Will that make you happy and could we stop the kindergarden bull…
Thanks

You are not trying to be combative, wow really!
You have no clue about Charas and India so I would not go there if I was you.
So seriously what is the point to say again and again and some more that I am such a jerk not to look at my resin with a scope. We got it or at least I do. Thanks!
Could you seriously stop and would you agree to talk about it when we have compared our sieving techniques with videos and pics.
The Cup is soon so that we can smoke each other resin to get to know what each of us do and then soon after we will have a dream session.

L

Luther Burbank

Mon ami, get your culottes out of a bunch. You're not being attacked you're just not being taken as an expert at face value.

T

tropicannayeah

I can make 2-5g of high quality in a few minutes with high quality trim and popcorn nugs,

2 ~ 5 grams in a few minutes!....that's a bit of an exaggeration isn't it! You run a small handful of trim at a time, then move and clean frames, scrape up the resin, etc etc then work another small handful..3 or 4 grams in a few minutes? unlikely..Two men with large size screens might be able to yield a gram every few minutes with that gentle two screen technique.

I can make 2-5g of high quality in a few minutes with high quality trim and popcorn nugs,

2 ~ 5 grams in a few minutes!....that's a bit of an exaggeration isn't it! You run a small handful of trim at a time, then move and clean frames, scrape up the resin, etc etc then work another small handful..3 or 4 grams in a few minutes? unlikely..Two men with large size screens might be able to yield a gram every few minutes with that gentle two screen technique.

I don't think people completely grasp what i'm doing.

No, it's not an exaggeration. I've made single handfuls that produced a gram or two. Use perfectly clipped (at the stem) whole sweet leaf with some nicely dried popcorns and watch what happens my friend.

Most people murder their trim, or do it wet lol. We specifically for this purpose, waited til plants/tops were mostly dry.. all fans were pulled immediately after chopchop.. so all you are left with is nice heads and easy to access fan/sweet leaf full of resin.

Don't murder it prior to sifting it and you'd be amazed ;)

There is a prep to this, just like anything else, it's just that most are not doing it yet.

great brozini

Pic looks familiar ;) Many better pics out there too

I've been following the discussions on a few threads, and I think the whole convo can be summarized in a single statement...

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Whatever those claims may be

The statement that resin glands become corrosive when pressed and dissolve plant material and is right up there...

Same with pressing resin will increase potency and terps. Counter intutive to many of us here, so again, extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence.

DSW got a whole lot of shit for a few months for claiming he could produce 99%+ in ~15seconds before he posted his repeatable results.

Why is Frency getting so much shit about the pics?? That's the only way many of us can communicate. No scratch and sniffs or smoke tests over the net, so we go with macros and melt shots to demonstrate purity... Something to consider, even though your pressed resin shot did look absolutely tasty ;)

Either way, I love coming to the hashish forum everyday and seeing this level of banter. Makes it worthwhile to sign in again, so please don't get discouraged, and continue to spread your methods, everyone! ;)

The increase in potency has scientific backup, pressing with a source of heat activate the cannabinoids, the process is called decarboxylation.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Charas and dry sift are two totally different animals, I can see that charas can possibly eat the plant fiber and change, usually a little mold, however in true 99.9 dry sift there is no plant matter to speak of.

Is decarboxylation increases strength? only to be eaten.

No because the liver process the cannabinoids when you eat that is the reason also why the high is different.

Mahmoud A. ElSohly, PhD, Research Professor at the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Mississippi, stated the following in a Dec. 19, 2005 interview with the Journal of the International Hemp Association:

The material taken orally goes through the liver and is converted to the 11-hydroxy metabolite, which is 4-5 times more potent in terms of psychoactivity, before getting into the bloodstream, and the profile of these two drugs is quite different."

Latest posts

Latest posts