What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

Pursie

hi guys interesting thread.

some questions, has anyone tried the CS method mention in the beginng of this thread?
Does it work cause i got a cheese mother which i'd love to seed and get fem seeds would be magic. Getting the equip etc is no prob as i have all the thing reqd already. some definite answers would be great.

Soon as I get def answer i will build a purpose built breeding chamber.

I will endeavor to document this method in a diary on IC mag.

Please if someone has tried and tested this method please pleas let me know.

Pimpslapped

I'm really going to have to look into putting one of these together. Only thing I'm missing is the silver... not gonna worry about it yet though, since I don't really have any spare room to devote to seeding just yet... but a future project, definitely.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Ok quick question, you need the silver ingot/coin on the positive so that it will be carried by the electrical charge through the water to the negative, but why do you need the 2nd silver coin/ingot conected to the negative?

Where do you get distilled water from? And what other uses is it used for?

To be honest I wont be playing with this, as I just dont believe in feminised seeds on principle, but I'm interested in the technology anyway.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
To be honest I wont be playing with this, as I just dont believe in feminised seeds on principle
Oooh, you're one of "those" people ;) *points and laughs* :smile: :smile: :smile:
mate you can keep your principles, and i'll keep my 100% female ratio :smile:

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
Phenomenal, thanks for the great thread turns out my bag seed where all but useless only one decent plant alll the rest donated to a mate so my fem been experiment will be on hold till i sort out some more strains to play around with..

went down to my local grow retailer asking Qs about CS these guys are into reversing sex on non MJ plants GA was recomended for my first trial but waiting on your results as you seem to be rather close to where im at with my growing.. 5 saches of GA for $125 each make 5 litre mix bit expensive compared to making a batch of CS

Last edited:

Pursie

thanks phenomenal,
I'll give it a go on my next run. will report back to this thread when i do. Wicked thread, Just opens up a whole new world of fun for me:)
What a great hobby!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Pheno, just because I'm not into female seeds, I'm not knocking them all for all growers, just saying that for my circumstances its not the right way to go. The real point to my post was to ask why you need silver on both contacts, positive and negative. Like I said, I understand why it is needed for the positive side, but I dont see why its needed on the negative side also.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
GMT actually that's a bloody good question you're asking there :)
I don't have an answer for it myself (i'm in IT, i'm no electrician lol)
Maybe somebody here has an answer for that excellent question :)

And yep I understand and appreciate that seeds, and femininised seeds, arent for everybody, especially ppl who grow from clones, but from my personal experience, if you grow from seeds, then using feminised seeds is definately good! :)

Boerman

GMT said:
Hi Pheno, just because I'm not into female seeds, I'm not knocking them all for all growers, just saying that for my circumstances its not the right way to go. The real point to my post was to ask why you need silver on both contacts, positive and negative. Like I said, I understand why it is needed for the positive side, but I dont see why its needed on the negative side also.

It is not necessary, just a good idea. More silver is plated to the other side than is left suspended in the water. If you switch the electrodes every once in a while, you'll save money. As far as fem seeds go, if you have a special plant that you want to preserve long term or share with a friend that lives far away, this may be the way to do it.

zalman

This is a great thread and I'm really quite interested in this field! Thank you for posting this valuable information! Hope you don't mind me putting it in my signature

G

This is a great thread and my interest has certainly been aroused but whatever happened to stealing your father-in-laws colchicine grinding up the pills mixing with water and...Anyway I'm more impressed by the icmag community everyday because of things like this.And to believe I thought I knew it all at 30!PEACE!!!MUCHA LUCHA!!! :joint:

Last edited:

steve green

what a great thread PhenoMenal :jump:
man i gotta rig up one of these things and try this.. . just had to stop by and give u some props..this could be very useful too many. :joint:

Last edited:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Here is my homemade colloidal silver generator just before i flicked the power switch on at the wall :smile: (click for bigger view)

A clean air pump with a brand new clean tube is beside it to keep the water circulating, and inside the glass you can see ive simply used a small bit of cardboard with two slits cut into each end to keep the two 999-pure silver coins close together (so an electrical current can run between them through the water) but prevent them from touching. There is 500mLs (17oz) of distilled water in the glass container, and I'll be letting it run for about 10 hours.

Now all I do is flick the light switch off (silver is photosensitive so its best to both manufacture and store CS in the dark), flick the power switch on, and go watch a few movies :smile:

ps. there are many good photos and how-to-build-it descriptions of other peoples homemade CS generators here: http://www.quantumbalancing.com/makeyourowncs.htm

Last edited:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
... 9 hours of TV later (it's hard work i know) :smile:

These two coins were brand new (as seen in the first photo in this thread) ... here you can see that passing an electric current through them does have some physical/chemical effect :smile:

(ignore the bronze look of the bird, its just the camera playing tricks - it still looks perfectly silver to the human eye)

The water looked pretty much the same except there were a few small but easily visible specks of very dark singed/almost-burnt looking silver particles. You can see some of those particles wiped on the paper below the coins as I laid them down.

So what is this darker stuff?!? It's silver oxide (something we didn't have at the beginning of the process!), and it's also proof that we've had some chemical reactions happening here between the oxygen in the water and the silver in the coins, thanks to the electric current passing between the two. :smile:

And it's this chemical reaction that's a good example of why we only want to use PURE silver (.999 or .9999) and PURE water (distilled), because as a simple example imagine if there was iron in the coin ... I would've ended up with some iron oxide (common RUST!)

The reason it only really builds up on one of the electrodes is simply because the electric current is flowing one way, from one electrode to the other.

Also just above the alligator clips you can see the little bit of cardboard i used to help keep the two coins seperated.

Anyway i now have 500mls/17oz of high strength colloidal silver sitting in my fridge and will be making more still in the coming days. Too easy :smile:
(Actually it's not quite the 500mls I started out with, more like 450 ... the reason being the hydrogen atoms detach during the reaction and being a light gas bubble away - you can see the tiny bubbles on one of the two electrodes, so I'm guessing that the amount of water lost in the process may be an indicator of how much silver has reacted and thus get a rough ppm estimate)

Last edited:

mariman

What a great way to make your own silver solution for femmed seeds!

I have been thinking how fun it would be to cross clones. Force say c99 to produce male flowers and cross it with say a nice sourbubble female clone....... :wave:

Or perhaps a apollo 11 with a sourbubble, the possibilities are endless........ :rasta:

Nice thread :wave:

goldking

Pheno, i haven't cked in here for ages, its good to see you finally fired her up..a nice clean set up. mine would be a embarressment compare to yours LOL

i,m curious, why didn't you fill the jar with water?? but its so easy to make a fresh batch , why bother i guess. and your 2 silver coins, it look like some birds on them and their colored?? what is that? is it baked enamel?? or am i seeing things.?...

what ever it is,i don't think it should be in the CS?

anyway, all looks well and this thread has helped a lot more folks than has posted here to make their own CS IMO

about why do we use 2 silver coins , if you didn't, what would you use? copper, steel ? if you used anything other then silver it would not be C.Silver, it would be Collodial silver/copper or C.silver/steel neither one would be safe to drink(thats what CS was made for, meds) and would not have the proper effect on sex reversal IMO

i put a old Thai79 outdoors this summer to reveg, she,s now a 3' bare stem with a 2' bushy ball on top. i sprayed her yesterday with a soaking+messy total of 6oz of CS, and will mist her again today and most every day for another 2 wks, then I,ll put her into 12/12 to bud..

i have nothing chosed to breed with her fem pollen , i,m just making a batch of Thai79 fem pollen for stock and so i can get rid of this oversize old lady thai.

A really good job Pheno, what are you going to treat with the CS now that you have it?

anyway, keep it going till you have some finished fem seeds to share(with me)hehehe

all the S1s i,ve grown out have been genetic matches to the parents, no hermies, mutants or runts out of about 700 grown over the years. a lot better then normal seeds IMO

Haps has grown out my SD S1 even better then i have,(as seen in his pixs) and their all heavy sticky ladies too.

later GK