What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Denver chain of Rec disps is raided

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
out of staters can purchase an oz of flower 8 g of dabs or 800 ml of edibles
pretty random line to draw which FURTHER restricted the "one ounce" limit

you buy 8 g of dabs, take it home (or to your air bnb or hotel ) melt it into butter an you instantly have 8000 ml of edibles.... and are over your limit and illegal again, just like whatever black market state you came to visit from

M

moose eater

IMO, few of the folks regulating or passing legislation have implemented logical limits where volume/weight of THC is maintained across the board.

For years, all over the map, a big problem, whether drug war, or legalization, has been folks in positions of power, crafting laws/regulations that lack either logic, or demonstrate a lack of understanding of what they're proposing/dealing with.

In the end, it often appears to be as arbitrary as it really is.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
arbitrary yes
but the purpose is obvious
we MUST leave SOME avenue(s) for police to STILL bust people for weed in many ways.... in your home, in public, in the weed store... and at work if you work at a weed store....
legislators ensure that police and prison guards are not left without people to club over the skull

M

moose eater

In Alaska, where I am, the earlier arbitrary nature of canna law began with the 4-oz. restriction in late 1982, under the 1975 Ravin Decision's codification via HB 180 and SB 190, with 4-oz. determined to be the limit for possession in the home, taking affect March 1983, despite there being folks in the bush/off-grid, who could grow ONE crop for the entire year, outdoors, whether in a greenhouse or (????), and only really during the summer months, thus being able to logically/functionally justify a higher limit, had anyone in authority cared much.

The State maintained, via precedent, the legal authority to (arbitrarily) define what is the aggregate weight limit/threshold where at a person becomes de facto guilty of possession with intent to distribute, versus possession for personal use, whether there's evidence of actual trafficking or not..

All of that was, ironically, implemented in re. to rulings based in the 'rights of privacy.' (State of Ak Constitution Article 1 Section 22, "The right of the People to Privacy shall not be infringed...")

To which we asked the logical question way back then, "If it's a right of privacy, then what legitimate business do you have intruding into PRIVATE PLACES, to weigh it??!!"

Fear and power... And it's been a national pass-time to kick, bust, or incarcerate hippies and pot smokers for 8+ decades...

And it pays the bills, for those willing to work as mercenary foot-soldiers for the Beast..

jidoka

arbitrary yes
but the purpose is obvious
we MUST leave SOME avenue(s) for police to STILL bust people for weed in many ways.... in your home, in public, in the weed store... and at work if you work at a weed store....
legislators ensure that police and prison guards are not left without people to club over the skull

Or the purpose is to, in a high profile way, prove to the feds we respect other states rights also. The true enemy is that fucking deranged elf the runs doj. Do you really want to give him ammunition

Word around the campfire is SL is done and more to follow. The database exists...you reckon anybody else is looking through their sales with puckered assholes?

You think Cali is not debating the same thing? You think every grower out there has those i’s dotted and t’s crossed by Jan 1?

This is going to get way worse until the feds do the right thing

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Or the purpose is to, in a high profile way, prove to the feds we respect other states rights also. The true enemy is that fucking deranged elf the runs doj. Do you really want to give him ammunition
seems like this story will be that ammunition you speak of
Word around the campfire is SL is done and more to follow. The database exists...you reckon anybody else is looking through their sales with puckered assholes?

You think Cali is not debating the same thing? You think every grower out there has those i’s dotted and t’s crossed by Jan 1?

This is going to get way worse until the feds do the right thing
for sure sl is done, something like 25 licenses suspended and probably permanently revoked....

by "do the right thing" what do you mean?
de-schedule entirely or create some entirely new level of regulated substance? at this point im not sure what the feds making a move on marijuana would look like, but im all ears....

many dispensary owners and managers built business models catering to loopers - those peeps don't even have to review their records to engage the puckered assholes.

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I would think they'd go after the craigslist sellers just for being so conspicuous , but y'know, They have probably had lady cops dressed up as hookers on Colfax St. So, like you say, buyer beware.

Here in Maine they celebrate the craigslist like list donators which I don't get the concept of donation if cash is exchanged. They go after the medical guys doing well enough to open store fronts, the ones paying taxes. I see it like this, the Federal gov needs money, civil asset forfeiture and weed go together like peas and carrots for them. There are no real issues even if SL was breaking local laws. I bet they looked at the assets they had and that was the number one decision to bust. Hate to see people in the weed community accepting that if you break some stupid law it's ok for the Feds to knock you out. It's never ok, it's weed. It's like when someone doesn't pay their income tax in the community they are a tax evader in public eyes when they really should be considered a role model. Perception twisted by the masters.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would think they'd go after the craigslist sellers just for being so conspicuous , but y'know, They have probably had lady cops dressed up as hookers on Colfax St. So, like you say, buyer beware.

there have been busts off craigslist.... it just isn't as newsworthy but it happens regularly

jidoka

Avi ...I make no claim to knowing what the right thing is for certain. Legal at a minimum...but imo still with certain restrictions. I would not want a bunch of 6 yr old stoners...where that line is I don’t know. I would also not want me driving on edibles beyond a certain point

M

moose eater

Here in Maine they celebrate the craigslist like list donators which I don't get the concept of donation if cash is exchanged. They go after the medical guys doing well enough to open store fronts, the ones paying taxes. I see it like this, the Federal gov needs money, civil asset forfeiture and weed go together like peas and carrots for them. There are no real issues even if SL was breaking local laws. I bet they looked at the assets they had and that was the number one decision to bust. Hate to see people in the weed community accepting that if you break some stupid law it's ok for the Feds to knock you out. It's never ok, it's weed. It's like when someone doesn't pay their income tax in the community they are a tax evader in public eyes when they really should be considered a role model. Perception twisted by the masters.

I know that Federal LE receive trainings (DEA, Marshalls, and even ICE) re. proper identification of asset worth as it relates to forfeiture, in determining busts' desirability. Just another testament to their shallowness where their 'path of purity' is concerned.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn that some State or local LE engage in similar 'instruction.'

Just 'cause they -say- they're the 'good guys'..................

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
apparently looping is legal?
transaction purchases are limited by law (by quantity), as are possession limits (by quantity) , but transactions are not limited by law yet by frequency unless police can prove it's being done to circumvent the law.... so how does LEO prove that people specifically broke the law to avoid following the law or if they were just "regular" breaking the law

you just gotta laugh (to keep from crying) at the fucked up state of affairs in the broken "justice" system of america as pigs run out of control

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also, from sweet leaf on social media:
Two of our stores will re open tomorrow at noon!! Sweet Leaf ,9462 federal Blvd
Federal Heights Co,15200 E 6th Ave, Aurora, CO 80011 !! #thecomeback has begun !!!

paper thorn

Veteran

Taxation is Theft

Helping fund LEO so they can protect and serve the shit out of you.