What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It has been a week, and we had a heat wave, so I was cleaning out the ones I had thrown in soil and jiffy pots. I was tugging each one gently and most of them just slid right out no roots. 3 of them had obvious pullback when tugged, which means roots. Another 1 of them was looking so good I didn't even tug on that one. So that means 4 clones moved to my main tent, though 3 of them don't look incredible and have hunchback of notre dame syndrome. That's an infinite improvement over 0. Now I see how they survive. Fingers crossed. This weekend I am gonna move what's in the DWC into soil or rapid rooters and then cut more off the mother plant. It is growing like kudzu in all this heat and the better I can dial this in the more plants I can have ready for next time.

troutman

Seed Whore
I clone in soil the old fashioned way and I'm not rushed so they can take their time. :tiphat:

I like to bury 2 internodes in the soil and it takes about 2 weeks.

Dirt Bag

It has been a week, and we had a heat wave, so I was cleaning out the ones I had thrown in soil and jiffy pots. I was tugging each one gently and most of them just slid right out no roots. 3 of them had obvious pullback when tugged, which means roots. Another 1 of them was looking so good I didn't even tug on that one. So that means 4 clones moved to my main tent, though 3 of them don't look incredible and have hunchback of notre dame syndrome. That's an infinite improvement over 0. Now I see how they survive. Fingers crossed. This weekend I am gonna move what's in the DWC into soil or rapid rooters and then cut more off the mother plant. It is growing like kudzu in all this heat and the better I can dial this in the more plants I can have ready for next time.

Hunchback is overwatered and/or too much humidity.

cone

Sounds like good news AP which survived even though they loo like the hunchback of notre dame lol?

I hope they do root as it's a strain you love isn't it?

Chiffed to bits for you mate! :woohoo::biggrin:

S

sourpuss

I dont think tugging on fresh roots is a good idea. Yes its a signal saying yes im rooted but when they r on the verge u might damage the roots that have started. Prob just ripp em off.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hunchback is overwatered and/or too much humidity.
That can't be the cause in this cause considering the tent humidity is in the 40% range and with this heat wave I honestly didn't water them as much as i should have. I thought they were dead already. :(

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I dont think tugging on fresh roots is a good idea. Yes its a signal saying yes im rooted but when they r on the verge u might damage the roots that have started. Prob just ripp em off.
Nah, just give the plant stem a gentle tug, you can easily tell if it is rooted or not. I'm not talking pulling on them like you are pulling weed, I'm talking a gentle tug and it will be obvious if they are rooted or not. Like if you tugged a leaf the same force it wouldn't even get pulled off, that's the force I'm using. I think the word "tug" is what throws people off, but I don't know a word specifically for a "gentle pulling motion".

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Sounds like good news AP which survived even though they loo like the hunchback of notre dame lol?

I hope they do root as it's a strain you love isn't it?

Chiffed to bits for you mate! :woohoo::biggrin:
Thanks bro :huggg: It's this animal strain I don't have anymore seeds of and I ain't going to Colorado for a re-up :D

cone

Nah, just give the plant stem a gentle tug, you can easily tell if it is rooted or not. I'm not talking pulling on them like you are pulling weed, I'm talking a gentle tug and it will be obvious if they are rooted or not. Like if you tugged a leaf the same force it wouldn't even get pulled off, that's the force I'm using. I think the word "tug" is what throws people off, but I don't know a word specifically for a "gentle pulling motion".

Here's me just about to chuck a piece of rope round one & hook up to my Mitsi Legnum :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

cone

Thanks bro :huggg: It's this animal strain I don't have anymore seeds of and I ain't going to Colorado for a re-up :D

That the same Animal Ghost Train haze x?

I'm not into growing Sative dominant strains but this one as you know AP has got me wanting to grow a few, Maybe one day.

I was going to buy a place in Colorado (wish I had done now) but changed my mind to Canada then Florida but decided to settle for France not a massive journey 4 hours on a plain but still down south to get the long hot summers.

We should hook up brother be a blast!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yeah Jabberwocky x Ghost Train Haze so it's a Hybrid X a Sativa. It really smoked good, I liked it. I don't really travel anymore, but I did wanna get some savings built up and tour some marijuana spots before they all turn into tourist traps.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Seriously. Amsterdam is not like it used to be. Colorado already tourist trapped. I saw a thread the other day where even this small village in India that had been getting known as a weed destination has banned all weed.

S

sourpuss

Fresh roots r thin and weak. They r easily broken from the stem when fresh. Is why i would let the roots get to a certain size before transplants from a bubbler to the medium. When they r fresh and small they tend to fall off easy. Anyway no biggie. If u got clones to root good for u!! All that matters.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Fresh roots r thin and weak. They r easily broken from the stem when fresh. Is why i would let the roots get to a certain size before transplants from a bubbler to the medium. When they r fresh and small they tend to fall off easy. Anyway no biggie. If u got clones to root good for u!! All that matters.
I wish I used different word than tug really. I was being a lot more gentle than that implies. And oh man I know. I killed one of my good seedlings last grow by trying to remove the seed shell from it like a dumbo. Shoulda just kept spraying it with water to loosen it and let it do it's thing. I think these things are rooting despite me, ya know :laughing:

cone

Yeah Jabberwocky x Ghost Train Haze so it's a Hybrid X a Sativa. It really smoked good, I liked it. I don't really travel anymore, but I did wanna get some savings built up and tour some marijuana spots before they all turn into tourist traps.

Did it flower like a typical Sativa? I've heard of Jabberwocky before but can't think where Ghost Train Haze looks to be a heavy yielding plant what influence does Jabberwocky have on GTH?

I might call in once in a while see how your getting on with it.

Good luck with your quest AP:tiphat:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
So I only had a little bit of experience with the animal. The person who seeds they were started most of them outdoor last year and none survived the powdery mildew after that hurricane. Had 4 cuttings that were brought inside and turned out incredible. Used the last seed to start this mother plant running now. I haven't really seen a yield yet besides those 4 cuttings, but those smoked so damn good. I have one clone that definitely has taken root, the rest still look hit or miss. Ran out of soil so just reupped and gonna take another round of cuttings tomorrow to keep this bastard small enough to fit in the tent. My outdoor plants are looking great too. One of them is just over 6 feet tall, and they haven't even started sexing yet as far as I can tell. Hoping for a monster.

cone

So I only had a little bit of experience with the animal. The person who seeds they were started most of them outdoor last year and none survived the powdery mildew after that hurricane. Had 4 cuttings that were brought inside and turned out incredible. Used the last seed to start this mother plant running now. I haven't really seen a yield yet besides those 4 cuttings, but those smoked so damn good. I have one clone that definitely has taken root, the rest still look hit or miss. Ran out of soil so just reupped and gonna take another round of cuttings tomorrow to keep this bastard small enough to fit in the tent. My outdoor plants are looking great too. One of them is just over 6 feet tall, and they haven't even started sexing yet as far as I can tell. Hoping for a monster.

Sorry for the delay replying AP.

Lucky he saved 4 cuttings even luckier to get a female out of the last seed, It would nice to see how she yields some of the GHT plants I have seen were a fair size with almost white bud.
You have a clone that will smell of sweet success :woohoo:, May as well keep taking cuts practice makes perfect!

Wow, they must be loving the weather, Hopefully, you will end up with some big bushy gals well their already big lol so they will definitely be monsters. Have you got any plans if the odd plant does turn out to be male?

Let me know if you ever start flowering one up.

Finally got my room sorted AP
Hope you don't mind?

Lights up cobs working.
picture.php

Testing all lights together.
picture.php

First couple in.
picture.php

Last 4 (1 KB/AK) hoping for more a lot more tops.
The lights need moving slightly to the right.
picture.php