What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Life's been good...

Lifebreather

Veteran
Hi all.

Figured it was time to drum up a thread. It's been a long while at this site, and others, while only sharing pics occasionally.

Never got much bigger than a hobby grow, by design. Life is pretty busy and my inability to put more time into a larger grow would cause it to suffer.

I've grown starting in 2006, medically in 2008, in good ol' Oregon. Lots of strains have come through my hands over the years, hopefully lots more will, too.

Pics and more, soon.

Thanks,

LB

Lifebreather

Veteran
Some shots I took the other night.

Giving the girls as much time as I can because I have to shut down in March due to inspection.

House hunting right now. Never tearing down for an inspection will be a godsend.

Here's Lucinda Williams (with sunset sherbet making a cameo). C99 x William's Wonder. Pretty nice strain, frost really kicks it up a notch in the final 3 weeks of flower. Fruity smell with peach undertones.
attachment.php

Krome's White. This has lasted in my garden for almost a decade from requests alone. I like to move onto strains regularly, but a lot of my friends only want this girl.
attachment.php

Glue S1. Got a few dozen selfed seeds from the Glue. This girl is shorter and stockier. Would probably match up better with a stretchy pollen donor, so there's that.
attachment.php

Sunset Sherbet. A nice cookies cross. I try to keep only one cookies strain at a time, they seem to be rather similar and the appeal is there regardless of what it is. If I found a better yielder, I'd probably switch it up a bit.
attachment.php

Chem D. This girl rocks. When dialed in she's as good as anything. Can be picky, I've noticed, as I have two plants that have grown completely different. One is more OG-like and the other is bushier. Trademark male flowers in late flower. Nasty smell. Rank with a brutish bouquet.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7710.jpg
    IMG_7710.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7714.jpg
    IMG_7714.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7721.jpg
    IMG_7721.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7726.jpg
    IMG_7726.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7735.jpg
    IMG_7735.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 13

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for taking the time to share what you have going on! That Lucinda Williams really appeals, it just has that look of smoke me, smoke me first. Your description of her with peach undertones sounds, well sounds lovely.

I'm trying to think back, were you the one that found that insanely frosty pheno out of female seeds northern lights that could easily holds its own against say the white that you are currently running?
Regardless, you are running some very nice strains!

Lifebreather

Veteran
Thanks for taking the time to share what you have going on! That Lucinda Williams really appeals, it just has that look of smoke me, smoke me first. Your description of her with peach undertones sounds, well sounds lovely.

I'm trying to think back, were you the one that found that insanely frosty pheno out of female seeds northern lights that could easily holds its own against say the white that you are currently running?
Regardless, you are running some very nice strains!

Aye, that was me.

Poor girl never had a chance. Got only 2 or 3 grows done with her where she didn't rot out completely. No resistance to mold coupled with fat buds led to disaster.

Best I could do was take her at around 5 weeks, she was still frosty but had had no punch. Anything beyond that and she rotted out. A few people I passed her to tried to run her outdoors and the preflowers at the nodes rotted and caused stem rot.

Probably the only cut I've ever seen where mold was almost a guarantee.

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mold magnet eh. That sucks, she looked like such a nice specimen, but I guess that was to be expected being as it was so frosty and chunky at the same time.
The Williams wonder has peaked my interest lately. I've got a few crosses with her as the mother. Buffalo bill and red headed stranger from cob and paco and a+ wonder

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and a+ wonder from rare dankness.
I remember seeing the ww for the first time in the cannabible I. Such a looker.

Lifebreather

Veteran
Mold magnet eh. That sucks, she looked like such a nice specimen, but I guess that was to be expected being as it was so frosty and chunky at the same time.
The Williams wonder has peaked my interest lately. I've got a few crosses with her as the mother. Buffalo bill and red headed stranger from cob and paco and a+ wonder

The Willie's Wonder is around in S. Oregon from some old-timey heads. I don't really wanna make the 8 hour round trip to pick her up so I'm hoping one of them has some business to tend to in Portland in the coming months.

There's a few different phenotypes floating around down there, so I might have to grow more than one out to find the right one, or a REAL one. A sad testament to the current environment here.

I have a bunch of Willie's Wonder x Killer Chem beans SELFHEMPLOYED kicked me last time he came through many years back. Wondering if I should pop those...

shame about the mold she looks very frosty Lifebreather hope you find a good keeper in the future :)

Hey, it was almost a decade ago! She's long gone now... ;)

:lurk: :respect:

dank.Frank

Frank! Glad to see you around, nice to have a beacon like yourself on board.

Lifebreather

Veteran
Here's an Original Diesel aka Daywrecker Headband. I've seen this passed as both Chem 91 and Loompa's Headband. Super funky.
attachment.php

One of my favorites, Chem 91. This girl took me 3 runs to get dialed in...not the easiest to grow. In my setup, she likes lighter nutrients and to be further away from the lights. Great all around smoke. Yield was very high.
attachment.php

More Sherbet. Photogenic, for sure.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6902.jpg
    IMG_6902.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6115.jpg
    IMG_6115.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6186.jpg
    IMG_6186.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 10

Lifebreather

Veteran
Few shots of the Sherbet headstash.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7568.jpg
    IMG_7568.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7288.jpg
    IMG_7288.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7285.jpg
    IMG_7285.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7388.jpg
    IMG_7388.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7386.jpg
    IMG_7386.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 15

Lifebreather

Veteran
Everything’s lookin proper! What are you running for nutes?

Thank you, an easy-to-manage garden is a happy one.

This last year I've run 3 or 4 different styles.

All organic, mostly plain water, no-drainage. This is what the dry Sherbet nugs were grown in.

Coco coir with General Hydroponics and modified Lucas. This is what the live flower shots that started the thread were grown in.

Rockwool croutons with Advanced Nutrients. I haven't posted any pics of this run yet.

The AN run was my least favorite and will not be replicated. Some plants simply don't like that stuff and I'm unable to really modify it with success too much. Not worth the money, IMHO.

I've also used CNS17 and FloraNova, both in coco, with decent enough results.

Lifebreather

Veteran
Here's a few more shots of the Glue S1 I took from my cell phone as I was trimming her.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180206_162419.jpg
    20180206_162419.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180206_162538.jpg
    20180206_162538.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180206_164306.jpg
    20180206_164306.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20180206_164252.jpg
    20180206_164252.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180206_162545.jpg
    20180206_162545.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 7

Lifebreather

Veteran
Few more Lucinda shots as I was trimming her yesterday.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7746.jpg
    IMG_7746.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7754.jpg
    IMG_7754.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7758.jpg
    IMG_7758.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 14

Lifebreather

Veteran
This is a WiFi pheno by OGRaskal that made the rounds among a group of growers at another site.

Didn't yield well, but had great vigor, potency, and flavor.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5144.jpg
    IMG_5144.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5143.jpg
    IMG_5143.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5138.jpg
    IMG_5138.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3711.jpg
    IMG_3711.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3706.jpg
    IMG_3706.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 12

Lifebreather

Veteran
Here's a few dry shots of the WiFi

I don't recall the 5 pic limit...ever. I wonder when that was implemented.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5845.jpg
    IMG_5845.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5849.jpg