What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Oriental Express

Oriental Express

Ms.Grat3ful said:
Oriental Express
Very nice....I just looooove bushes....and this one is Asian :D

Lookin' good H3ads!! :wave:

late​

Last edited:

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
^^^^ I agree my friend, been a while since I've swung through a H3ad thread. And you just gave me an idea of what I was missing :)

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Coco Clones...

Younger cuttings on the left, ready to transplant on the right....
It's a perpetual sort of thing... they all began like the ones to the left, size wise...

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any rooting compounds used? Anything in the coir? or just cut and stick em in plain coir?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
you can use whatever rooting gel you prefer, I'd think... I just did a quick stem dip in straight hormex, and over to the coco... I've had every single healthy cut I've put in the coco root in just a few days... Those taller ones were cut a couple of weeks ago, the smaller ones a couple of days ago...

G

Im gonna ditch the Floranova next run and try things your way.. thanks for the inspiration!

G

yea i like how that sounds

do u use ne domes, how often do u water the clone

im guessing u just cut, dip, plant and then water n thas all A?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
that's all... keep the coco wet, may need a dome for the first day or two if you're in a dry area, and should be all good...

Don't forget to flush the coco first....

JJDubz

This is so interesting, I am just learning about hydroponics, as I have been a soil grower forever...and now I see you can grow in coconut husks!?! Wild man!!!

h3ad...I am curious, what are the advantages of growing in this medium rather than straight up hydro? Would this be able to replace hydro as a superior method?

The plants look extremely happy...cant wait to see how this goes

Peace & Thanks
JJ
:wave:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Yeah Man... reading around here in the coco forum is what got me all excited over coco... If you do a bit of looking in this subforum, there are several threads where the advantages of coco are detailed... The reason I like it so much is that my plants like it so much...

I watched all the results guys like Gaius, Truecannabliss, and others were getting in the coco, and knew I had to give it a try... I've Done pro-mix and hydroton and organic soil, So far coco seems to be their superior...

G

Grat3fulh3ad said:
that's all... keep the coco wet, may need a dome for the first day or two if you're in a dry area, and should be all good...

ok bet that thanks

when i get to the cloning stage im gonna try that along with a DIY bubbler

G

Grat3fulh3ad said:

gdude, your grow is looking stellar, man. Good to see you're liking the coco. Seems to be working for you. One thing I've found is that if you use Canna or B'cuzz either one, they're ready to plant in right out of the bag. Didn't have to flush either one, lol. Those two are prewashed and steamed. Lots of other coco shit out there though that needs a good flush prior to using.

Peace

Last edited:
G

mojo said:
Lots of other coco shit out there though that needs a good flush prior to using.

I'm not implying the other coco shit that's out there is "shit". Just sayin "coco shit", ya know. lmfao. Didn't want to get hammered by folks for sayin there coco shit was shit ya know, lol. You know what I'm trying to say... shit. I need to find a new word.

Peace Grat3fulh3ad

Last edited:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I know exactly what you're saying, mojo...
That's why I advised flushing before cloning... no need to take chances with the coco shit...lol... I don't think it's always necessary to, but it never hurts to, and I'd always rather err to the safe side... Especially when advising others...

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
H3ad
Ive read thru maybe someone spoke on it or not. I dont remember seeing anything. But can other additives such as EA/EN be used with coco? Ill check back soon.. peace..

Way to go with creating the casey Jones... Thumbs up..

sack