What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody know what the hell this beetle is?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Looks to be combing through the peat pellets. I didn't see it in my field guide. Closest thing I see is the Brown Leatherwing Beetle, but I'm on east coast.
picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
I dont belive they eat plants.. you need to check bug indetification site but think
this is predator on other bugs,so its valuable to have him..

there is a lot of beneficial bugs,they are not all bad..

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I dont belive they eat plants.. you need to check bug indetification site but think
this is predator on other bugs,so its valuable to have him..

there is a lot of beneficial bugs,they are not all bad..

Thanks Dog Star, I figured it was after decaying matter because hes mostly got his head over the peat pellets. I'll try online, I was trying my old school book.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Thanks Dog Star, I figured it was after decaying matter because hes mostly got his head over the peat pellets. I'll try online, I was trying my old school book.

Beetles (Coleoptera) are the largest family of insects with 400,000 identified species. Keying them out is very difficult. Here's a good quote on keys:
Keys are compiled by those who do not need them for those who cannot use them.
;)

It appears to be one of the long horned beetles, but that's my best guess. Here's a photo ID key that may help you. Rule out what it isn't and go from there.
Beetle ID

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Here's one more.View Image
the bug?? are there allot of them or just that one? ONE!? kill it and move on... if there are many??? I have no idea, start with neem.. all i got, sorry. OTOH that is an interesting stalk there.. different in color? or optical illusion?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
the bug?? are there allot of them or just that one? ONE!? kill it and move on... if there are many??? I have no idea, start with neem.. all i got, sorry. OTOH that is an interesting stalk there.. different in color? or optical illusion?

It's just one bug. I wasn't really worried about it being harmful to the plants, Im just a nerd, and wanted to try to i.d. it.
It does look like that but not as vivid.
The clones did that a few days after cutting. Not sure why.. first time I have run this strain.
My buddy gave me seeds labeled "Crazy Kush". Thought it might be Jaws gear though Jaws spells it with a "K". There are pics of Krazy Kush on here so I will soon tell if it looks anywhere close.

Latest posts

Latest posts