Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > WET VS DRY Trimming

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Xtra Laboratories
WET VS DRY Trimming Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2013, 02:07 AM #1
BasementGrower

WET VS DRY Trimming

i just did a test with a Sage plant.. took half.. wet dried right wen cut down.. hung to dry.. and then other half.. left hanging no trim.. trimmed after dry..

ok .. the wet trim bud is way diff.. barely any smell.. needs a longer cure.. then the dry trim bud FOR Sure..

these are my results.. and ill never wet trim again PERIOD .. it mite save time. but it also fucks up the dryin process.. meaning u have to cure longer to get a smooth smoke..

22 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 AM #2
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer

Hammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivor
Hammerhead has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Oh ya do not trim wet. People do this because its easier to trim then dry.. I did the same test a long time ago. Buds that would reak when they where growing then I trim her wet dried not much smell. Tried another dry trim 100% better. I alwys trim plants after they have hung dry..

#hammerheadgenetics
Hammerhead is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:15 AM #3
bloyd

bloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nice
I would be curious to hear your impressions after a month in the jar on both samples. I am wondering if it will still be superior after the wet trimmed has had a chance to cure/regain smell.

More and more I am hearing that a dry trim provides better smells, flavors, and funk.
bloyd is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 AM #4
dansbuds
Retired from the workforce Bullshit

dansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivor
How much leaf matter are you leaving on the plants when dry trimming ? are ya all just taking off fans ? or leaving everything ?

current tour with brain & brewer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDB-T19sK4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBEfUysyvI8

BB kings 9/23/16 full show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGurX1vukAU

growem green & stay safe .... Dan
dansbuds is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2013, 02:48 AM #5
Jamorg13

Jamorg13 will become famous soon enoughJamorg13 will become famous soon enoughJamorg13 will become famous soon enough
I have found that trimming dry seems better, But it is quite space consuming. So I still trim wet
Jamorg13 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:22 AM #6
greenpinky

greenpinky is just really nicegreenpinky is just really nicegreenpinky is just really nicegreenpinky is just really nicegreenpinky is just really nicegreenpinky is just really nicegreenpinky is just really nicegreenpinky is just really nicegreenpinky is just really nice
greenpinky has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Ya trimming dry is way better..it keeps the smell in.. im with hammer 100%... great thread basement..
greenpinky is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2013, 03:34 AM #7
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer

Hammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivor
I take off the large fan leaves only. Curing will not make it better then a dry trim. Let that green smell dry out first before you trim. If you leach well enough all the large fan leaves should be yellow anyway. Try it yourself do one wet ,do one dry make your own decision.

#hammerheadgenetics

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 AM #8
whatthe215

whatthe215 is a glorious beacon of lightwhatthe215 is a glorious beacon of lightwhatthe215 is a glorious beacon of lightwhatthe215 is a glorious beacon of lightwhatthe215 is a glorious beacon of lightwhatthe215 is a glorious beacon of lightwhatthe215 is a glorious beacon of lightwhatthe215 is a glorious beacon of lightwhatthe215 is a glorious beacon of lightwhatthe215 is a glorious beacon of lightwhatthe215 is a glorious beacon of light
i have been thinking of switching to dry trimming so that i can trim offsite from the grow. don't want anyone to ever know where the new spot is but me. had no idea quality was different as i've only ever wet trimmed. great thread.

whatthe215 is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2013, 04:58 AM #9
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer

you should have some Oder control where you trim at. They reek to high heaven..You also need to learn when to stop drying. Most of the outside should be crispy. The branches should crack. I dont dry my plants more then 55%Rh. This way I can still cure them...

#hammerheadgenetics

Last edited by Hammerhead; 02-12-2013 at 05:13 AM..

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:46 PM #10
BasementGrower

hammerhead is right on.. i pull my fan leaves off the last day of lights on... every fan leaf with no trichomes gets yanked.. then 24-48 hours of dark time.. and Cut in the Dark.. under agreen light.. then. put right onto strings to hang dry.. depending on situation.. it takes 5-14 days .. i been getting my dry to take 10-14 days.. and still cure them for 2-4 weeks before selling..

but ya i did the test with horrible wet trimming results.. i am pissed.. the stuff thats in jars that was wet trimmed sucked in the smell department.. and taste was horrible. compared to the dry trimmed. i was very impressed with the results.. and the stuff has been curing for 2 weeks.. the wet trim i cant give away.. the dry trim is gone.. even when i tell them its the same strain.. they think im lieing.

but ya.. i like to pull off all my fans.. before the darktime.. i took some day of the harvest shots.. but i still got another 20-30 ish. to go.. they just started the flush.. so another 2 weeks or so.

im also.. going to say this.. i did a full grow. MH vs HPS. and only am i going to say this.. its all strain dependent.. honestly. i had some do horrible under mh. some did better. but all of the HPS plants did way better then the MH room. so thats enough for me to say no to going full MH.. but next is a mixed spectrum test to see what does beter mixed or just straight hps.

7 members found this post helpful.