What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 5

Topped the res off, with a bit of tap water.
Ec. 1.8
pH 5.9

Veg day 5

The growth is fairly light green, they got thier 5th node and working on the 6th.
I cut my clones with 3 nodes.
Figure it's time to bump up the feed :biggrin:
It's heavy feeding round, pH adjusted tap water and nutes.

Ec. 1.3
Ph 5.9

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 6

Ec 1.9
pH 5.7

Veg day 6

Ec 1.2
pH 5.9

I have moved the light down a bit, to the same hight as the flowering plants.
Inspecting the new growth during the day, I desided to knock the ec down just a little.
The roots are growing fine, a little airpruning is going on when they poke out the bag to high.
From what I read, this should not really hurt the plant.
Just force the root's to branch out more, im hoping thats the case.
Everyone I have talked with who uses them, love smart pots and the moms seems to be doing fine.

blackone

Veteran
Are you not worried those smart pots are creating too much humidity? I would think they would evaporate a lot of water from that surface.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Are you not worried those smart pots are creating too much humidity? I would think they would evaporate a lot of water from that surface.

Time will tell, everyone I have talked with are super hyped about smartpots. I figure as the temp is fairly low, around 22C degrees and they will be covered by folia. Let's see how bad it goes, but it's a posibility for sure.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Recap of first week

Recap of first week

Flower day 7

Not alot of stretching, but they have refoiled nicely and only topped one run off branch.
It took a wild turn, into the 3000K spectrum of the neighbors space.

Ec 1.9
pH 5.7

Veg day 7

Upgradet the lights today, with new bigger drivers. Now each set of 3 strips, run of a cheap china 70W 2100 mA driver.
Pulling 113 Watt at the wall, compared to 80 watt's during the first 6 days.

Growth is not overly impressive with these clones, but still don't know if thats just the genetics, poor growing on my part or just me being impatient.
And me remembering wrong?? How clones in the old days, would grow an inch or two a day minimum hehehehe

Like when you could go the the store with only a few dollars, get a pack of gum, a 6 pack, a dirty mag and maybe a few other things.
You can't do that anymore either, nowday they got cameras every where!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Do you have a lot of wind or low humidity... {Wondering about the leaf curl}... or what you think causes it

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Do you have a lot of wind or low humidity... {Wondering about the leaf curl}... or what you think causes it

Not really sure, There is only a fan blowing above the canopy and the humidity is in the 70's. Temp is around 25C, so that should be all right too.

I have tried high and low pH, low Ec and now I am trying a high Ec. Might have to find a middle way, but it have been doing it all the time I have had it.

Might be sick, or something atm I have no clue. I have just accepted, that it looks like it's about to die. Once they have a larger rootnet, it seems like they peak up and curl less.
No bugs in the roots, so it could very well be my feeding that is the main issue.

Flower day 8

Little white pistils are starting to form, found the first yesterday but today they all got them.

A observation on the spectrum test so far, the 6500K 12 Volt strips seems to have more growth and budding sites. I find that a bit interresting, as they also run at the same temp as the 24V strips.
If thats cos I have hooked them us, as 3x 12V to a 36V driver, and it works as a 36 V stip I don't know. But I am surpriced as I was told by many to avoid 12V strips!

Veg day 8

They are growing, curling and looking odd.
Roots are developing nicely, new growth is forming and I am sure they will be ready to put into flower in a few days or five.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
the top leaves (several sets) do they feel like they have a texture to them? if so it's a low ph.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
the top leaves (several sets) do they feel like they have a texture to them? if so it's a low ph.

Not sure if they do or not, but I have tried everything from 5.5 and up to 6.3 pH.
Maybe I should try and take the pH up around 6.5, but that seems fairly high for hydro. I guess it's worth a try!

Today I made a Seed incubator, for thouse who don't know what it is.
It's simply a plastic box with a aquarium heater, water and another dry plastic box stuck inside.
This way I can controll the temp inside the larger box, and I can sprout my old seeds close around 26 C degrees (80 F)

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Not sure if they do or not, but I have tried everything from 5.5 and up to 6.3 pH.
Maybe I should try and take the pH up around 6.5, but that seems fairly high for hydro. I guess it's worth a try!

for me 6.2 is my mid point on my hydro nutes/set-ups. Seams like every one these days are spouting off 5.5 as where you want your ph to be. if you're in RW only, you should be around 5.5.

High ec/ppm can cause the ph to crash at times, like when the plants drink up a bunch of water.

I've seen older plants with developed root systems handle higher ph levels close to 7

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Have had seed soaking first id Ga3 and Fulvic Acid solutions, then moved them to clean RO water after 12 hours to continue their soak.

Tonight I moved the seed to petri dishes, labled with the used addetives and a few controll seed that was only washed in a mild H2O2 solution.

And into the incubator they go!

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Hey man

Have you used and had any success using the gibberelic acid previously? I have seen it seem to assist germing but then ends in a super stretched out mongyness lol
Cheers

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
10% Peroxide 90% water in glass\shotglass
After 24-36 hours {When they pop, or sink} dump water, and just put the seeds in paper towel, fold the paper towel up in the glass\shotglass, and put near heatsource. Just make sure things are kept damp, OR even a small water level maintained for paper towel to wick from DEFINITELY if near a overly hot, and dry heat source.
You can also add a few drops of peroxide if you flood, and maintain the sterile environment.

Seems almost failproof...... If you don't have a great way to control the heat source your using, its still so easy just by controlling how damp you keep the paper towel

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Hey man

Have you used and had any success using the gibberelic acid previously? I have seen it seem to assist germing but then ends in a super stretched out mongyness lol
Cheers

Not that have sprouted, but I am aware it might make a streached out seedling and thats IMO not a problem if that seedling makes it. I imagin I can clone it and make a good plant from that, it's all about getting the genetics and don't care if the seedling is pretty, ugly or what.

@Dr.Young I could also just make a artificial envioment I can controll, a aquarium heater have a themostat build in. It's just a matter of fine adjusting it, with the use of a mercery thermometer.

Imo a 1% H2O2 solution is a big high for soak, I washed my seeds in a 0.8% solution for 40 minutes and then soaked them for 12 Hours in Ga2 100 ppm, Fulvic acid and a 0.1% H2O2 for the water soak. Another 12 hour soak in pre boiled tap water, before I moved them to the petri dishes.

This morning there are crackd seeds, in the two Fulvic dishes and thats it.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
After 12 Hours in Petri dishes and cotton pads

C5 Mango Ga3 - 3 of 3 have cracked

C5 Mango Fulvic - 0 of 2have cracked

THHxC99xC99 Ga3 - 0 of 5 have cracked

THHxC99xC99 Fulvic - 1 of 2 have cracked

The THHxC99xC99 H2O (no pic)
0 of 5 have cracked

I have moved the cracked seeds, into RW rubes.
Soaked in a mild h2o2/tap water solution, then drained then, transfered seeds and placed them back into the incubator.

Latest posts

Latest posts