What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Looks very tasty��

Thank you GreenWhanau

Update on the veg closet.

Plants are growing, not in turbo mode or anything but they are growing. Cheese is still acting like a btch, like she's unhappy with the food mix or pH.

Ec 1.5
pH 5.8

Skunk #1 is looking fine, but also the cheese under 6 and 8000K looks better, then the once under 3 and 4000K lights

I didn't expect the plants under the lower Kelvin strips, to be the short once, with shorter internotes.
Can be the root's have developed better on the other once, and that gave them a leg up on them.
We will see how they react once I take clones, and cut them all down in size.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
5$ Phone camera Macro lens

5$ Phone camera Macro lens

Got this clip-on phone lens for my phone, one of thouse late night Ebay stoner orders :D

5$ that's cheap *click*

For what it's worth, im pretty impressed and don't think I'll bother with buying a new macro lens for my DSLR or an adaptor ring for my old lens.

With this on my phone, I it will cover my needs plenty.

Yeah thats a trimmed off popcorn, only had some trim laying around.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Upgraded the 12V light, with 2100 ma drivers, Now I will see if the hacked strip can handle the higher current or not.

To the naked eye there is a fairly clear difference between the strips where I removed and bridged all the resistors.

A little heat change, will check in a few hours and see how hot they are running compared to the 24V strips on the same size drivers.
Everyone have told me they will run hotter, but by how much and do it really matter compared to a HID light.
If the LED's are 30, 40 or 50 C degrees, it's still hundreds of degrees lower then a HID bulp. As long we can keep them from burning out and wasting too much energy as heat.

Im hopeful

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Got this clip-on phone lens for my phone, one of thouse late night Ebay stoner orders :D

5$ that's cheap *click*

For what it's worth, im pretty impressed and don't think I'll bother with buying a new macro lens for my DSLR or an adaptor ring for my old lens.

With this on my phone, I it will cover my needs plenty.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75985&pictureid=1869117]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75985&pictureid=1869118]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75985&pictureid=1869119]View Image[/url]

Yeah thats a trimmed off popcorn, only had some trim laying around.

That's pretty cool. Does it clip to the side or top? Got a link or brand to search? If you've seen any of my recent photos you know I need something just like this haha. Also a steadier hand....

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Cloning

Putin is doing the RW thing, all Cheese clones

The Texas Ranger is doing coco, he hand chopped earlyer! All Skunk #1 hack

Lovely Linda is trying to clean out the other teams, with her kitchen sponges.

Honey Badger just don't care!
Broken beer bottles, cat litter and crushed hydroton all went here.

If I had two blenders, id blend one and see if I could clone it it.
Sorry I don't, would have been awesome!

Palindrome

King of Schwag

Moms where cut down, now let's see how fast they will recover under these LED's.
Now they don't have to make roots, they can focus on regrowing what I cut off!

:peacock:

blackone

Veteran
Good to see you in action again - and very interested about the cat litter experiment. I've had pretty good results handwatering Diatomaceous earth pellets (moler) for vegging before transplanting to DWC and some cat litter is made from the same material. I've always wanted to try it as a medium - but it's probably best if it's unscented?

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Hey black one nice to see you, long time no see. Everything still good at your end? The kids must be be getting big and little grownups by now!?

Cool to see your still around!

About the catlitter, this isn't clay based. I think it might be lime based, it reacts with water and become very hot when soaked, almost to a boil.
Prolly not good for clones :laughing:

blackone

Veteran
I think it's silica gel. Absorbs a lot of water and holds onto it very hard so it won't be available to the plants. Broken glass might be just as good...
Yeah everything is doing fine here but I miss growing. I'm kinda considering starting up again but it would require a serious clean up of the old room. It has been locked and hidden behind a closet for more than 2 years. Oh yeah and a carbon filter. I'm not immortal any more:)