What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Critical Jack freebie run

Spaventa

Veteran
The last Panama hazes I did I waited till they were about the size of that nlxhaze I added at the front and they ended up over 6 feet tall so yeah, 12/12 from seed almost this time. These go 15 weeks easy so I have to alow for the height they get to.

Spaventa

Veteran
day 5 12/12
moved the
panama hazes together.

picture.php

Can't wait to see how these end up. They both sound like wonderful crosses. Especially the PanamaxHaze, I LOVE the way those pure sativas look when they put flowers on.

:lurk:

Spaventa

Veteran
Hi GG, the Critical Jack fems were freebies when I bought Western Winds regs. I asked for them because the spanish breeders used an elite Critical Mass clone call Bilbao and a highly prized old Jack Herer clone held by a few breeders in Spain. Theres Jack dominant pheno I will be looking for. I read someone actually say these were a better route to a good JH than running Sensi JH.

That sounds like a great combination. Getting Critical Mass yield with a Jack Herer nose and high. What more could you ask for in a strain? :dance013:

I've been wanting to make room for some more JH since I ran it for my second run. I'd love to see what it does now that I'm not as much of a bumbling moron lol.

I'm eagerly awaiting your smoke report to help me decide which breeder to source some beans from. Maybe I'll make it a side by side, Sensi vs Delicious... A strain like JH would definitely be worth the money.

Spaventa

Veteran
That sounds like a great combination. Getting Critical Mass yield with a Jack Herer nose and high. What more could you ask for in a strain? :dance013:

I've been wanting to make room for some more JH since I ran it for my second run. I'd love to see what it does now that I'm not as much of a bumbling moron lol.

I'm eagerly awaiting your smoke report to help me decide which breeder to source some beans from. Maybe I'll make it a side by side, Sensi vs Delicious... A strain like JH would definitely be worth the money.

Yes there will be a 50/50 phenotype with some qualities of both parental lines but the one I want is the JH dominant phenotype that looks, grows and smells like the JH with just a little extra vigour from the critical. Both cuts it was made with are elites so theres some hope. I wouldn't have chosen them if they weren't free because Id never heard of Delicious seeds but from what I can tell, they seem legit without any bad stories going around about them.

In case this doesn't work out, I a have pack of Sensi Mothers finest for my June run - its a more Haze selection from the JH gene pool.

Spaventa

Veteran
Here's hoping you find a gem on the JH side for your amigo, amigo :joint:

Also, count me in on you June run!

Thanks man, It would be just like life for a frankincense grail to turn up in some freebies :) heres hoping.
I need to take fresh cuts from two of them that wilted.. cos if I don't you can bet that grail would be among them lol

Thanks man, It would be just like life for a frankincense grail to turn up in some freebies :) heres hoping.
I need to take fresh cuts from two of them that wilted.. cos if I don't you can bet that grail would be among them lol

Oh man, I swear that's the worst! When you get a keeper plant that you didn't expect to be good and you got no clones. I got a budseed plant I'm about to harvest that I WISH I had a clone of. :bashhead:

I hope she survives a reveg! Its always a stressful process waiting to see if she makes it or not LMAO :1help:

Spaventa

Veteran
Oh man, I swear that's the worst! When you get a keeper plant that you didn't expect to be good and you got no clones. I got a budseed plant I'm about to harvest that I WISH I had a clone of. :bashhead:

I hope she survives a reveg! Its always a stressful process waiting to see if she makes it or not LMAO :1help:

I was in that position last run. I took cuts from the bottom of the plants, pulled off the fluff bud and put them in aero cloner. They all rooted and survive to this day :) they took MONTHS though lol

Spaventa

Veteran
Im pleased with how the Delicious seeds are doing. Very little stretch. All 6 are very similar at this point. They seem to be happy on moderate nutrient levels I run during the stretch but took high EC early on no problem. Seems they are flexible in the appetite. If you fed them up, they would take it and go mad but you can keep them on a diet to limit stretch and they don't complain either.

The 12/12 from seed Panama Hazes are doing there thing, not bothering anyone :) The NLHaze doesn't lie the ph so low. I have that fixed now anyway.

Spaventa

Veteran
How are they doing? I imagine they're nearing completion.

6 weeks 12/12 today. They are meant to be 10 weeks flower so another 5 maybe. Those tops will be ready before that I suspect, and harvested earlier than the lower.

The 6 Critical Jack Herer are at the back, very homogenous strain.

They smell STRONG of leather and oils

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Very nice tent. I love when pistils turn orange like that. Do you expect the frankincense terps you're looking for will come out later? Are there any unexpected keepers in there or is it all too early to tell? How does Delicious stack up against Sensi?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I order my beans from the right breeder lol. The cheaper price of the beans are enticing, but quality over economy every time.

Latest posts

Latest posts