What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow Moon

NFD

Snow Moon

This is my first run with Snow Moon and she is a beautiful plant! Frosty and purple. A bit more time, days or maybe a week for full flush. Just showing amber now. Thank you!

Attachments

• BD6668D5-CD42-44FF-BED2-5C4E8F7B0EEE.jpeg
    BD6668D5-CD42-44FF-BED2-5C4E8F7B0EEE.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 78784FB9-A0EC-4CC3-B300-BAB656F44E40.jpg
    78784FB9-A0EC-4CC3-B300-BAB656F44E40.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 34

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi arkansas1,

Yes, a drastic decrease of photoperiod (even for short periods) can induce their flowering, especially for the more fast flowering indica strains, or with semi autoflowering genetics.
Males always tend to try to flower earlier than females of the same strain.

Looks like a nice Snow Moon male (purple Pakistani pheno), vigorous, branchy, well structured. It could be interesting if you are looking for the most colorful pakistani traits of Snow Moon.

The best way to evaluate the quality of a male is on the testing of his offspring, which is not easy because involves to keep clones of the different males in the mother room, pollinate same females separately with each male, and then grow the different seed lines in the same conditions to finally evaluate which male contributed to produce the best lines and offspring.

I have some snow moon

going, from regular seeds. I don't label plants with names, they each get a number, but I am pretty sure this is a snow moon that just turned male.

i am looking for a good male, but not sure if this is the one, but here are the qualities:

the plant has been under a veg cycle, 24 hours of light.

it is making pollen sacs.

the stems of the fan leaves are noticeably purple,

the smell from stem rub is not nearly as fragrant as some of the others from the same pack of seeds.

not sure whether to keep it;

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely Snow Moon NFD :)
Looks like she will be perfect for harvest time after a good flush. Congrats!

This is my first run with Snow Moon and she is a beautiful plant! Frosty and purple. A bit more time, days or maybe a week for full flush. Just showing amber now. Thank you!

A

arkansas1

Here is the upcoming scrog. The plant in the middle is a snow moon, straight from seed, not even sexed yet. I am taking cuttings today, which there are plenty available.

I still have the male, a cutting in a new pot. And I did use the snow moon male to pollenate a couple buds from Greenpoint. I have never attempted to cross anything, or stabilize a hybrid, but I would certainly like to try. Six or seven generations, I'm down, just need some guidance.

Attachments

• scrog1.jpg
    scrog1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 25
A

arkansas1

Is this the sativa leaning Snow Moon pheno? It has the same purple stems on the fan leaves, much different structure from the others.

The last picture is a possible female for the Snow Moon male. She is totally different, Durban x Stardawg.

Attachments

• snow moon structure.jpg
    snow moon structure.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 35
  • snow moon starting to flower.jpg
    snow moon starting to flower.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 40
  • fmf structure.jpg
    fmf structure.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 33
A

arkansas1

snow moon cross 1st seeds

snow moon cross 1st seeds

I used the Snow Moon male to pollenate a Greenpoint Purple Mtn Majesty. (Bodhi Goji x Stardawg) x snow moon male.

Here are the seeds. This was my first time hand pollenating a single bud, or 2 or 3.....

Attachments

• seeds1.jpg
    seeds1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 37
  • pmm 420.jpg
    pmm 420.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 27

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi arkansas1,

Your Snow Moon male still has the classic purple pigmentation of the PCK, but with a lankier and taller structure coming from the sativa side of the Orient Express.

Congrats for producing your first seeds with your own plants. ;) To produce your own seeds with your favorite plants is something really addictive (in a good way) for a cannabis lover. Once you start there's no stop! Try to imagine how the best traits from each strain involved in your hybrid would blend better, grow the offspring, select the best offspring based on your goals and avoid any offspring that don't improve the parental plants used to produce the hybrid or are far from your breeding goals.

Small scale growers and breeders like to think they are leading the breeding, although in most cases the plants are the ones who show the breeder the way to continue with the breeding.

brickweeder

...Small scale growers and breeders like to think they are leading the breeding, although in most cases the plants are the ones who show the breeder the way to continue with the breeding.

I believe this truth generally applies to all breeders regardless of whether they operate on a small scale or large scale, although large scale sure does help speed up the process.

A

arkansas1

That is exactly what I was thinking earlier.

...... you will at some point be humbled by a plant.

A

arkansas1

I'm a few years behind you guys, so this information is really helpful.

A

arkansas1

new male

new male

Here is the second male. I will let this guy make some pollen, and keep track of the seeds, but I have no idea what to expect just by looking at this plant.

Attachments

• male 2 2.jpg
    male 2 2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 34
  • male 2.jpg
    male 2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 34
A

arkansas1

sativa pheno. There may have been a slight cal mag deficiency, so i added a bit of cal mag plus, with just plain filtered water. I am using a charcoal/silver filter which makes the water taste great, removes chlorine. But I think it may take some of the minerals as well.

Attachments

• sativa pheno 4:17:19.jpg
    sativa pheno 4:17:19.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 36

NFD

Beautiful Snow Moon flower

Beautiful Snow Moon flower

Curing these buds now! Beautiful!

Attachments

• 0BC94EA7-B34A-4EF1-B2AC-6F81548A3C83.jpg
    0BC94EA7-B34A-4EF1-B2AC-6F81548A3C83.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 34
A

arkansas1

This plant is so delicious....based on an early bud that I could not resist trying.

The bud was spicy immediately upon drying.

I did hit this particular female with the purple male from above- just one or two buds, which I plan to leave and let them mature for another month after the plant is picked.

The overall look is lighter green than my other plants. There is much to learn from this girl, but she is cloned and will be a keeper.

Attachments

• spice1 5-2-19 at 10.01 AM #4.jpg
    spice1 5-2-19 at 10.01 AM #4.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 29
A

arkansas1

snow moon

snow moon

here comes the next snow moon, the plant in the middle.

she is beginning to flower in 18 gal. of organic soil amended with down to earth nutrients.

this plant has been bushing out for 4 weeks; i'm kind of laughing, perhaps at myself, i'm ready for a monster!

Attachments

• snow moon  5-6-19 at 7.38 PM #5.jpg
    snow moon 5-6-19 at 7.38 PM #5.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 39
A

arkansas1

snow moon #3

snow moon #3

here is #3, leaning towards the sativa.

this pack of seeds has some variability, which i am enjoying.

this particular female was not cloned. i do not know what to do with her.... of course cure and roll some joints once she is ready.......but i feel she may hold some potential.

any advice would be appreciated. i still have the male and he has some pollen, which i laid on a couple of buds.....

Attachments

• sativa leaf 5-8-19 at 5.52 PM.jpg
    sativa leaf 5-8-19 at 5.52 PM.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 37
  • s moon #3 5-9-19 at 8.19 AM #5.jpg
    s moon #3 5-9-19 at 8.19 AM #5.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 27

BenoitV1984

Veteran
4 female clones growing outside between the milpa (Aztec multi crop growing) and tomatoes/aubergines/sweet peppers :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• SM_out_2019_01.jpg
    SM_out_2019_01.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 29