What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
At least it's like the other forum. It should be easy to figure out. My albums are still unusable. I've given up on them ..

I'm still having issues getting cuts rooted.. Could it be the Clonex?. I have a quart and a 2.5g jug.. The Quart is not as dark.. I cleaned everything again and used the quart bottle. If I get the same results im stumped.
View attachment 18123160
I've had issues with larger container's of cloning solution in the past. I'd have issues with stuff not rooting after a while, so I switched to the small containers. I also keep some of the powder stuff around too (Like you'd find at wal-mart or home depot).

Looks like my ex

I've had issues with larger container's of cloning solution in the past. I'd have issues with stuff not rooting after a while, so I switched to the small containers. I also keep some of the powder stuff around too (Like you'd find at wal-mart or home depot).
I did a side by side dipping clones in clonex and fresh aloe Vera and got equal results

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
At least it's like the other forum. It should be easy to figure out. My albums are still unusable. I've given up on them ..

I'm still having issues getting cuts rooted.. Could it be the Clonex?. I have a quart and a 2.5g jug.. The Quart is not as dark.. I cleaned everything again and used the quart bottle. If I get the same results im stumped.
View attachment 18123160
Try using something with a rooting hormone. Indole Butyric Acid (IBA).
Clonex solution is just food for rooted clones it has no IBA in it.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
🏜️ mornin campers...lots to deal with today...need to clean trays and get the plants going into flower pruned and take cuts from them along with regular garden chores...and of course,there's trimming and stacks of pots to deal with and i need to get the swamp coolers dealt with....good times

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Grief …
0D3D5D07-286B-4056-B1ED-38980143FB03.jpeg
EC6D3452-22A3-48DF-99E3-869D3768E0F0.jpeg

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Hey fellas, long time, no see! We woke up to 4" of snow today, and it's already gone again!
Between the garden and outdoor chores, I'm running around with my head cut off. I just helped my brother put a pump into his well, and wrenched my wrist fitting the lines upside down in a hole. Worth it though, as he couldn't have his kids over for any length of time- until it was fixed. After a long fight with the lines, we got them joined, only to have one blow off under the house! Long story short, we got 'er though! The old lady is just going to have to service the King more often until the wrist is better;)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gettin' it done...just need to prune plants,clean the 5x5 tent out,move plants in from the early veg room,get the tent in there cleaned,water/feed the remaining plants,do some spraying,and get ready to move the plants into the flower room later...and eat,i should probably eat at some point

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try using something with a rooting hormone. Indole Butyric Acid (IBA).
Clonex solution is just food for rooted clones it has no IBA in it.

With cloners we dont use dips or similar stuff. The spray just washes it off.. I do use a combo of Foop/Hormex#16 when using plugs. The temp when using plugs is critical. I get better results in winter with plugs. Summer the cloner works better. Nothing is working now.

I took another 6 cuttings. Added those to the plug dome.

Last edited:

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Years back when I had that hplvd dud outbreak, first thing that caught my attention to something not being right was nothing wanted to root…

All I use are rapid rooters to root now cause anything that was infected that I put into the aerocloner, seemed to travel thru the water and infect the healthy cuts in there with them. It was a mess

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had a few root but I need a much better rate. I've not had any issues with dudds ever... Most of what I grow is from seeds. I do have WT and Chimera clones. Those are doing fine. Its easy t see when there are viroids present. I'll never rule out anything. I can't do much more than keep trying.

The odd thing is when I take the cloner off line and let it sit to dry out and then start it up all the cuts root with no issues. That's what I did last time.. Ill do that again soon. I have to give this batch of cuts time to see if its the Clonex.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
somehow turned into bike day...ended up watching the paris-roubaix race...the hell of the north as it's known...basically road bikes on varying levels of crappy cobblestone road mixed with plenty of regular paved roads...but the cobbles are brutal...wrecks,lots of flats...not as good as last year with the mud,still a good race...
by the time that was over i had pretty much wasted the day,so i washed bikes...

IMG_20220417_171244918.jpg
IMG_20220417_171252434.jpg
IMG_20220417_180043779.jpg
IMG_20220417_183348424.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
🏜️ mornin campers...off to run errands in a bit,then back for garden chores...got some up-pots to deal with today,and some exciting roof time dealing with the coolers...fun stuff!

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
somehow turned into bike day...ended up watching the paris-roubaix race...the hell of the north as it's known...basically road bikes on varying levels of crappy cobblestone road mixed with plenty of regular paved roads...but the cobbles are brutal...wrecks,lots of flats...not as good as last year with the mud,still a good race...
by the time that was over i had pretty much wasted the day,so i washed bikes...

View attachment 18124059 View attachment 18124060 View attachment 18124061 View attachment 18124062
Some of those cacti could use some of those bamboo stakes.... Just saying...

Drumskinz

I've had a few root but I need a much better rate. I've not had any issues with dudds ever... Most of what I grow is from seeds. I do have WT and Chimera clones. Those are doing fine. Its easy t see when there are viroids present. I'll never rule out anything. I can't do much more than keep trying.

The odd thing is when I take the cloner off line and let it sit to dry out and then start it up all the cuts root with no issues. That's what I did last time.. Ill do that again soon. I have to give this batch of cuts time to see if its the Clonex.
I’ve learned everyone has their own technique…tried straight tap water and no ph-ing the water in beginning no luck at all…it got better using Poland spring water with water ph around 6.0…now my best results is using 75% RO water, 25% tap water(tap water has ph of 8.2). Then let the EZclone 128 site(15 gallons to fill)and run a full day like that. Then I ph water to 5.5 and add clear rez at a rate of 1oz. per 5 gallons along with Z7 at a rate of 2ml per 5 gallons faithfully once a week. When I put cuttings in cloner I shut cloner off and dip cuttings in some IBA(using ez clone rooting hormone)…you can use any rooting hormone ya want…I don’t turn the cloner back on till all cutting have been dipped…which is usually about 1.5 hours…I think that gives the dip a little time to adhere to the cuttings and no light directly over them for 24 hours… they wilt a little the next day but once the light is turned on over them they react well and begin to stand tall until they root usually about 10-14 days except of course Hammer’s Kush which takes between 14 and 21 days…

Latest posts

Latest posts