What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I need a little help from my friends...

ButterflyEffect

One bag of Fox Farm will fill two of those buckets maybe three or four with perlite. Depending on a few things somewhere around ten or twenty dollars each for grow media including organic nutrients and container for flowering. The way you are describing it may or may sound economical, leaf issues aren't what you want. I understand what you are saying, it's just so much easier :) Potassium bicarbonate Plant Therapy lime sulfur.

Going that route would not only break the bank but require a full relearn on everything. 3 rooms running perpetual with perlite hempys using Jacks 321. I agree in principle, though!

redlaser

Veteran
I would suspect too much water based on the leaf tip and leaf edge necrotic tissue. It’s possible to only find it on one section of the plant and no where else.

Could be too much water in one area of roots and nowhere else or could be the beginning of spreading issue.
I’ve seen it with cannabis and other plants, how a partially damaged root system will have a corresponding damaged above ground issue.
Common example would be tree roots pruned for a sidewalk or driveway, that cause branch loss months later. Doesn’t alway happen but not uncommon.
65% humidity is not high, with a 72-74 degree temp is about ideal VPD to shoot for.
I like SIP/ hempy’s in theory, and have run some that kicked ass for a few months, but eventually had issues. They were a new design to be fair and likely were media based problems versus problems with the actual practice/ design.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants are starving. Visible N, P and K deficiencies. Hit with gypsum and a bloom booster high in P.

Learn to fertilize correctly!! None of that packaged crap gets it right.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Good eye! I use them for my screens. Any thoughts as to what would be a good alternative?

Sadly, I also have exposed wood in the room, as well. I threw these rooms together in the most awful of ways. A carpenter, I am not!
Plastic or steel stakes would be an alternative. Or nylon netting.

Wood panels and ceilings can be treated by chalking the walls. Chalk is also anti-bacterial.

ButterflyEffect

Plants are starving. Visible N, P and K deficiencies. Hit with gypsum and a bloom booster high in P.

Learn to fertilize correctly!! None of that packaged crap gets it right.

Speaking of learning how to feed properly. Just the person I wanted to talk to.

I've followed a few of your threads and I recall where you were talking about balancing. Got me to thinking and to finally see what my numbers are like. I'm getting some advice from Bill Farthing in a thread of his and I'm starting to learn.

I've been running Jacks 321 at 2.0EC and this run in particular I started boosting Ca by 60ppm a week prior to 12/12 and I'm still at that level. Other runs, and prior to now, I've maxed out at 1.5EC

I have biomin calcium now and was gonna order some haifa mkp 0-52-34 for pk. Thoughts?

I'd really, really appreciate any guidance. I've been struggling for a few years now trying to dial things in. I'm finally at a point where most of the fires are out and a system is developing. If you wouldn't mind PMing, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Latest posts