What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 per light ? School me ..

Bud Jones

Moving to Oklahoma soon , I’ve always grown for quality . I’d like to be able to get 2.5 per light .. I’m trying to put together a realistic spread sheet , I’m going to run at least 10 1000 watt Gavitas .. What strains produce good weight , without quality being sacrificed? It seems like Wedding Cake and similar strains move quickly there .. Price per unit for indoor flowers is the highest in the nation .. This would be a legal grow of course ..

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Your 2.5 target is reasonable, but 3 wouldn't be very good quality

DunHav`nFun

I guess the question now would be what strains ... It’s market specific like I said ..
The problem with market specific is that you`re tied to low and I mean low yielding strains without long veg times and strategic dialage , but anything`s possible so , good luck with any of the hype strains producing 2.5-3 lbs per light , although I did see some wedding cake that looked like a yielder the other day……

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …….

TheDarkStorm

Depends on the skills of the grower..the effort and care put in...if evrything goes full term without hiccup...the quality of air and conditions the plant is in...and genetics...soil or hydro..even different methods of hydro can give different results...what sort of inert hydro material your using...or are they misted and airophonic. All sorts of factors come into play...but experience counts for alot and will play a big part in your results. How many years experience do you have doing this with indoor grows and how many have you successfully completed.?...gavitas give good results iv seen 8killos come from 8 600watt gavitas.

T

TheForgotten

I've only ever known one person to get that number, and it was strain-dependant.

Pineapple Thai grown in a vertical coliseum type manner, 4 moveable walls with 50 plants on each, and 2x 1000 hps bulbs, yields were around 14g/per in soil-less mix (that strain grew amazing colas and not much branching)....

200 x .5 = 100 oz or 6+ lbs from 2000 w, not difficult using this technique

eric2028

Veteran
1 gram/watt from de hids is easily obtainable from a professional grower with a dialed in environment.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
My first move would be to forget 1000s. Literally any 600 is more efficient, and you don't have to hoist them up so far that you get even further losses. 600's also give more points of light, once you start lighting an area. Chucking them out is the first move towards a bigger yield of better quality bud.

Most people do better with critical mass than some fancy pants strains they can't grow properly. It might be instantly limiting on paper, but it's easy to get a decent result that can still be found in cali tuna cans.

OG Kush is perfectly good, without trying to breed a hint of bollox into it.

Not convinced? Barnies crossed them together and won a cup. There are lab results, putting it right up there with that fancy stuff people think they want.

Personally, I shortlist half a dozen strains, then jump on a plane to where it's legal, and try them all. Spending a good bit of time smoking just my fav's of the bunch, before buying 2 or 3 to run myself. Because I will do better with some, and not so good with others, in my different environment.

Sconeofark

I grew this under two 600s

picture.php