Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Contests > Who got the smallest...

Thread Title Search
Who got the smallest... Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2019, 03:30 AM #11
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutcurry View Post
Interesting. Have you done that before? Does this work? I mean I would expect the plant to hermaphrodite or to crippel or something like that.
It's called monster cropping. The plant explodes into bushy growth if given proper veg time.
CannaRed is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:53 AM #12
I wood

I wood has disabled reputation
Quote:
Interesting. Have you done that before? Does this work? I mean I would expect the plant to hermaphrodite or to crippel or something like that.
yes it works, this little bud is starting to branch out now,way faster than expected.
I flowered the only copy and forgot to take a clone, this clone and revegging the other after harvest were my two chances at saving it.
Both worked without hermie issues so far.

The last time i did this was to save another variety where the clones got eaten up by fungus gnats. That time i took 3 clones at 7 weeks flowering, from a variety that finished in 8-9 weeks.
Mold was an issue that time and only 2 made it and they both took about 60 days to reveg. That was over 10 years ago and I’m still growing that one, nebula x blueberry.

Still adrift in Hilbert space.
I wood is online now Quote

Old 10-06-2019, 09:38 PM #13
coconutcurry

coconutcurry has a brilliant futurecoconutcurry has a brilliant futurecoconutcurry has a brilliant futurecoconutcurry has a brilliant futurecoconutcurry has a brilliant futurecoconutcurry has a brilliant futurecoconutcurry has a brilliant futurecoconutcurry has a brilliant futurecoconutcurry has a brilliant futurecoconutcurry has a brilliant futurecoconutcurry has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by I wood View Post
yes it works, this little bud is starting to branch out now,way faster than expected.
I flowered the only copy and forgot to take a clone, this clone and revegging the other after harvest were my two chances at saving it.
Both worked without hermie issues so far.

The last time i did this was to save another variety where the clones got eaten up by fungus gnats. That time i took 3 clones at 7 weeks flowering, from a variety that finished in 8-9 weeks.
Mold was an issue that time and only 2 made it and they both took about 60 days to reveg. That was over 10 years ago and I’m still growing that one, nebula x blueberry.

How long did it take until your clone rooted and revegged? I know revegging and tried it once with poor results. But I never considered to root a bud of a ripe plant and then reveg it. I even had problems to root cuts from plants which showed prefowers despite 18/6. It took weeks to root them and then they grew crippled and showed signs of mutations like strange leaves.
But when I would lose my keeper I would try this, too.

"monster cropping" sounds like something for emergency. When you lose your fav strain - O.K. but otherwise I think this takes too much time and bring the risk of hermies and mutants. And in the same time I could grow some other plants. But for emergency case it's a solution when you have no solution.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:43 AM #14
cristocel420

cristocel420 is just really nicecristocel420 is just really nicecristocel420 is just really nicecristocel420 is just really nicecristocel420 is just really nicecristocel420 is just really nicecristocel420 is just really nicecristocel420 is just really nicecristocel420 is just really nice
Yeah sure ))) some of you guys just sticked a bud into ground...
cristocel420 is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2019, 01:19 PM #15
I wood

Thus picture was taken 39 days after taking cut.
small but normal growth already. Should be able to get a cutting in a week or so.
No hermie issues with this or the revegging stump of buds that was my other chance to save this plant.
Quote:
How long did it take until your clone rooted and revegged? I know revegging and tried it once with poor results. But I never considered to root a bud of a ripe plant and then reveg it. I even had problems to root cuts from plants which showed prefowers despite 18/6. It took weeks to root them and then they grew crippled and showed signs of mutations like strange leaves.
But when I would lose my keeper I would try this, too.

"monster cropping" sounds like something for emergency. When you lose your fav strain - O.K. but otherwise I think this takes too much time and bring the risk of hermies and mutants. And in the same time I could grow some other plants. But for emergency case it's a solution when you have no solution.

Old 10-14-2019, 01:24 PM #16
Gypsy Nirvana
Recalcitrant Reprobate -

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Ahh - the little ones, the runts, the muti's and the dwarfs - all interesting expressions of the cannabis plant -

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:48 PM #17
Facelesdoll

Facelesdoll is a jewel in the roughFacelesdoll is a jewel in the roughFacelesdoll is a jewel in the roughFacelesdoll is a jewel in the roughFacelesdoll is a jewel in the roughFacelesdoll is a jewel in the roughFacelesdoll is a jewel in the roughFacelesdoll is a jewel in the rough
This is great!
Chaco's ECSD
GMO
Corey Cut Stardawg
Ice Cream Cake
Chaco's OGKB2.0

On the way:
Rez's ECSD
Aj's Sour Diesel
NYC ManhattanPiff s1(franks/church)
Santa Cruz Blue Dreams

Searching for:
Ohio Deathstar
Indiana Bubblegum
Chem 91
Arcata E32 Train Wreck
Uk Cheese
Facelesdoll is offline Quote

Old 11-02-2019, 05:37 PM #18
I wood

This plant seems immune to the monster cropping growth. Same clone from post #15 at 60 days from taking cut. One slightly deformed leaf then on to normal growth.

Old 11-07-2019, 01:35 AM #19
Buddy27

Buddy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by I wood View Post
This plant seems immune to the monster cropping growth. Same clone from post #15 at 60 days from taking cut. View Image One slightly deformed leaf then on to normal growth. View Image

She strong
Buddy27 is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2019, 11:09 PM #20
UFOpilot

UFOpilot has a spectacular aura aboutUFOpilot has a spectacular aura aboutUFOpilot has a spectacular aura about
My Finola hemp was 30 cm max.
I made a cross with Afghan Kush.
I will see what the result wil be....
UFOpilot is offline Quote