What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shame on you TH seeds, incest seed lovers

little-soldier

A big thanks to TH seeds for selling most of their elite genetics as only incest/feminised crappy hermie proned sack of garbage seeds. Their slogan used to be protecting genetics and serving mankind. Now its more along the line; scrapping genetics and pissing on mankind. I want regular bubblegum seeds and untill you bring it back, i will be bumping this thread. Incest is not only for humans its for plants too. When you feminise a genetic its bound to hermie and mutate. It doesnt take a scientist to know that you are screwing around with genetics when you feminise a plant. Deformed leafs and male pollen sacks are very common. Ever wonder why your hairs are already starting to turn brown halfway through flowering? Never spend a dime on garbage like that. Just get regular seeds and use 10000k lights to get more female

George

Bump.

Just for entertainment purposes LOL

First order of action: define “incest”

Incest could be REGULAR SEEDS OFFSPRING too. You know f1 x f1 = f2? Then you pollinate the f2 together to make f3. Or better yet use the male offspring from the f2 (the son) back cross it to the f1 (the mom). You know, like brother and sister mating, you know, like “incest”. Taking a clone only and reversing it and pollinating it is not incest lol.

So are hermie incest seeds made from regular beans or fems?

Edit: also 99% of what you said in that post is untrue sensationalism. It just sounds like you’re mad cause you got a wack pack of seeds and now you’re venting here.

Oregonism

Does it take a scientist to corroborate differences between gynoecious individuals or actual hermaphroditism?

With a little stress (light dep\lower branching) and a bit more stress in general can make the majority of today's random mixes go "herm" - fem or reg..Few test anything anymore and you become the tester and customer all in one exchange.. Stable work is priceless, the rest can take time to sort and should never be seriously invested in until its proven.

G

There mk ultra makes some nice plants if you like that kinda thing:tiphat:

troutman

Seed Whore
I think one big reason so many people are into making feminized seeds is that they aren't
good breeders. It's so much easier to grow a bunch of plants, select one and feminize it in
hopes of reproducing the same effect each time than to create something with variable
breeding stock and producing something outstanding over many generations like classical
breeders of old have done in the past.

It's a short-sighted goal to fast money in my view.

kro-magnon

Veteran
If so many people do feminised seeds it's because they're selling much more than regular ones in europe those last years. I don't know how it is in the US but here I don't know many growers who are still buying regular, in my circle I'm the only one.
Breeders are not worst than before but there is stronger demand for fem seeds today.

troutman

Seed Whore
Ive never purchased or grown a feminized seeds and never will.

The person who created this thread also likes regular seeds.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
did their critical hog no issues. then did freebie underdawg she slightly hermed mt fault. had a little leak but it was strong smoke

Oregonism

Fem seed is a reaction to diploidy. With that affecting only 3% roughly of all angiosperms, its not always studied.....
If we accept that cannabis is only diploid, then maybe an argument against Fems could be made.....gynoecious is also a response of diploids and is found in cannabis according to Ram...

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Not all fems are created equally.

Nspecta of CSI homboldt does a lot of feminized work and I dont think anyone thinks less of him for doing so. He is one of the few breeders making fems that I trust and reversing certain strains of unknown lineage can be a valuable technique for helping to understand it better.

I do agree that many of the euro companies selling bulk fem seeds from seed brokers are doing the cannabis community a disservice.

S

Sertaiz

is it possible to make good seed from feminized seeds? i dont know all thees abbreviations, and it makes my head hurt.

and the seed, is that feminized seed or regular seed after? or hermie...

Fuel

I like the desperate tone of the post ^^ It's made with passion lol I wish you than you will get your stable Bubblegum regs a day.

I think one big reason so many people are into making feminized seeds is that they aren't
good breeders. It's so much easier to grow a bunch of plants, select one and feminize it in
hopes of reproducing the same effect each time than to create something with variable
breeding stock and producing something outstanding over many generations like classical
breeders of old have done in the past.

It's a short-sighted goal to fast money in my view.

In the absolute i will agree, but there is factors to take in count than can change the angle of the vision.

- Dutch Passion have launched a tsunami with it back in the day (~20 years ago), i'm not speaking only about the method. They was the loudest and the more visible but not alone at this time. I'm speaking about the whole aspect of the offer, they have found quickly how to please the customers and how to present on the best angle the compromise. The compromise which is regularly denied with force and with an army of sophists, counting on people which have never known the market in the 90's. They are now more numerous than ever, it's a normal cycle. Behind the most skilled politics on this subject, there is a simple message : before the fems, everything was shitty.

Push them more and some will be able to say than every single buds winning a cup, every single elite cuts making mad thousands and thousands of people crazy, the whole catalog of the best dispensaries, the best P1 of all breeders ... are now all coming from feminized seeds ^^ I'm extrapolating it with gentle humor and a caricature to make it more obvious.

- Today the market of the regulars represent a minor portion of the shares. I'm talking about the demand clearly, people want it and most of the time only it. Barely the same thing is happening with hemp hybrids now. That's not specially bad and don't really deserve a judgement imho, it's just the democratization. In the absolute, it mean than we are more and more numerous to defend the plant, can't be wrong in a way.

What is bad is than the genetic materials able to renew the offer by the bottom (let's say the underground) is becoming rare, freaking expensive/hard to hunt and is becoming more and more narrowed around a little number of sources. We are a large number to have seen than it can't be good at long term.

- For now, and even if it's at the cost of an additionnal layer of selection + the specific process ... it's the best/cheapest way to protect and to lock your genetics. Sad but true. You known by advance than everyone wanting to use your fems for breeding will get results than are at a light year from your initial breeding stock. Even the powerfull Dutch Passion don't give a fuck to be clear and frank about that, and it's all on their honor.

Kind of insurance in a world where the loudest win. When you drive a company like Sensi or DP, it's only a matter of market and marketing budget. But when you're little and have not dozens of K$ to spend in marketing and visibility ... it become a survival question. The time to reach the cruiser speed with your regs and to prove to the bigger sharks than your idea is bankable for the mass, you're already screwed ^^

We have all some exceptions in mind because the context : forums sharing informations on strains, "making off", exhaustive (or not) debates on the plants, fake or true polemics ... decades ago this type of share was the standard and a kind of obligation to reach good results, now it's different. The technology to grow at home and its price have evolved a lot also.

So yes, one can consider the fems like an easy shortcut for a fews reasons but in another hand it's also what the majority of people want : shortcuts. Faster, easier to get decent yield, cheaper. And the whole equation with the same wills than any other industrial product : large catalogs, very fast R&D and "hype". A guy than wil pass 5 years to output each new weed (which is fast in fact, but not enough for today) will simply disappear from the radars and fade in the eyes of the true actors than are constantly rushed with the democratization : growshops, resellers, wholesalers etc ...

"Hype" in the way than it is also a shortcut. You get quickly a reference and you no longer need to pass time in documentation, contacts and searches for your own benefit.

All of that "grouped", it change totally the paradigm. I don't think than it exist a solution to balance a bit more the things, i just think than it's like the bubbles in all economies : saturation, fusions then the quality become a luxury.

Stay away from fems if you can yes, but take in count also than even the most radicals on the question will be forced for a fews reasons to produce them instead regs. I saw a lot of "freezer seeds vault" as the answer of some, but that's a bad idea imho. Better to keep living and evolving a little number of your favorite references than cumulating tons than you will have not the time to maintain in one lifespan ^^ You will always find someone this way than is having differents taste then dedication than you, for trading weeds and "heritages". Just like all have started a bunch of years ago in fact lol

Happy Times

Saw a lot of bubblegum from different places at the Tude

Alternative might be Nirvana Bubblicious? Or Serious?

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Feminised seeds have been helped in their popularity by the laws... growing females I might only have to pop 4 seeds, whereas with regulars maybe 10 to get the same return.
This could be the difference between a fine and a custodial sentence in some parts of the world... including mine

Fuel

Feminized seeds was the new standard and the majority of the sales years before the 2008 rush, and still in the majority of european zero-tolerance zones. Laws have no "timeline link" with the dominance of feminized seeds in the market, at all.

Now in the absolute, 4 certified clones still a better insurance than 4 feminized seeds. With this type of insane limitation than is pushing people to grow trees for long time to have a decent autonomy, i think than i will not take the risk to germinate anything.

Latest posts

Latest posts