What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AF strain that can be kept in veg like a regular one

Rio

Hi everyone

I was wondering if there is such seeds available. The idea is to keep a mother of a selected af which will only flower with longer nights. Let's say it won't flower under 24/0 bit will under 18/6 for example. Does such thing exists or possible?

F

Frylock

Well, i WAS going to say that an autoflower that can be kept in veg isn't an autoflower, which i would still say, but i do believe there are some cannabis plants that flower with short nights.... i can't remember what people called them though?

I don't think they were autoflower's, but what they were called escapes me just now.... i will re-post if something comes to mind.... unless someone else helps you first.

Maybe just semi-auto? But i think they had a different moniker....

Koondense

Veteran
Yes, semi autos and early(not fast) varieties.
The trouble will be keeping them in veg as they tend to preflower and stay that way after a period of growth.
Check out some seeds by LaBuenaHierba(semi autos and early) and RealGorillaSeeds.

Cheers

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's K.I.S.S ( keep it simple stupid ) :

NOWAY . It does not exist . Only in your wet dreams .

giphy.gif

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Induce Callus on the AF, culture the Callus in vitro that is pretty easy, Callus is undifferentiated cells they do not respond to photoperiod.
When needed take the callus and induce it to make shoots and roots, make plantlets harden off and flower as a normal AF.
-SamS

Hi everyone

I was wondering if there is such seeds available. The idea is to keep a mother of a selected af which will only flower with longer nights. Let's say it won't flower under 24/0 bit will under 18/6 for example. Does such thing exists or possible?

Last edited:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LjY53u2.jpg

(picture from buddha seeds)

Sure Sam, I was thinking on this one .

But we are far from the mother in 24/0 that flowers in 18/6 .

-[ I was thinking also to take a 4 months like auto . ( a long one )
And simply to take clones on it . ]-

:tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Except that a clone of an AF will flower even if unrooted In Vitro. I have tried that and they just flower more and more even under 24 hrs light. That is not a solution for Autos preservation. I came up with this because a friend wanted to maintain a particular AF plant that he liked better then all the other examples of an AF variety he grew.

Most Cannabis a photoperiod determinate, keep under 24 hrs light and they stay veg. Autos are age Determinate, but Callis is undifferentiated and is not either until you induce shoots and roots, then it is.

-SamS

View Image

(picture from buddha seeds)

Sure Sam, I was thinking on this one .

But we are far from the mother in 24/0 that flowers in 18/6 .

-[ I was thinking also to take a 4 months like auto . ( a long one )
And simply to take clones on it . ]-

:tiphat:

burmese

Ziggy – 12 seeds non-feminized

Seven week sativa that originated from Golden Triangle Thai Ziggy has been a long term project (they said it couldn't be done) for over a decade of breeding and seeding and selecting while pushing the boundaries of what's possible. Hybridized to flower in seven weeks while maintaining ALL of it's sativa traits flavor and high, the only thing we wanted to change is flowering time. Very fast root system makes it easy to clone but causes it to flower even under 24hr light if rootbound - give the roots space ! Ziggy tends to shoot out very long single sativa leaves like a jungle plant and colas will need support. Flowering time about 49 days, harvest outdoor about Oct 7th in Canada and can withstand very cold overnight temps near freezing. A true Canadian breeding success !

+ growed one time freezberry 12/12 from seed, i pollinated it with thimphu male, then go to 24/0 for seeds ripen//30C+ and 100%humidity// and then back to 12/12 and i had problem even for begin to flower after 2 weeks //still growed//
+ also high temperature, seed development on some branch,higher N, and always a bit to improve environment //higher light..// can lead to double life in autoflowers but must be healthy

Rio

Thanks for the most valuable info everyone.

SamS, thank you for this great suggestion. Time for me to dig deeper into the subject. I hope I will find more info about it on here.

I've found a thread about semi-auto which is sort of what I was looking for but Callus culturing seems to be a better option.