What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MGT's Organic Gorilla Glue t5 Scrog

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Here some plant pics as of today/now. I will be sharing some pics of the nutes I been using later when I mix up the tea bag :) As I keep saying, still hoping to get to the panda film soon, hoping tomorrow but I have a couple jobs to do tomorrow so we shall see. It will def be up before the switch to flower.

Last edited:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Close up of the top/bottom of the left 4 and right 4. I plan tonight/tomorrow to tuck branches again evaluate what is actually there and what I actually need, and maybe do a lite stripping under the screen of some fans and shoots that will never make it.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Okay, so the basis of our soil-less mix and teas comes from the Organics for Beginners thread. There are some things we normally do a bit different, but with trying to keep the plants small to fit the space, we are omitting a few things, and mostly doing whats in that thread.

That being said, we brew our tea in 5 gal buckets for this grow, and man I forgot what a pain this was...I got the 44 gal drum in the garage with a pump and wand, and that's so much easier that messing with this and pouring it on the plants. But anyways, now that the plants have been in the 3 gal pots for a lil bit, I'm brewing 4 gals of tea at a time, and the 8 plants get most of that.

The tea mix consists of:(for 4 gallons)
4tbs veg bat guano
4tbs Peruvian seabird guano
4tbs earthworm castings
4tbs kelp
4tsp black strap molasses

I try to bubble the city water for at least 24 hours before brewing tea, however when life happens and cant wait I boil water for about 15 minutes and let it cool then make tea with that...now and then

I have these mesh screens/bags that go over like sump pump, been using those as tea bags. Used to use pantyhose back in the day for this, but was using so many 5 gal buckets I finally switched to the big drum, then life was easy.

Here some pics of the items. I will say that the brand of bat and seabird guano does very, depends what they have at the store, however I plan to order buckets of the stuff I like online, as all the damn stores around me only cater to the chemical growers and don't carry hardly any organic stuff except for like earthworm castings lol.

Last edited:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
everything looks good:woohoo:

Thank You sir, been checking out your website.

some updates, took some before/after of retucking of some tops/branches

Def getting closer to that switch to flower time than I'de like, have to get moving on getting the cab ready. Tomorrow or Friday looking good for that. Anyways, on to the pics.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
well, the dab rig broke, had to get some new glass. drop down sucks though, need to get a nicer one. also, kind of sick of my pancake style coil, would like to replace that soon too. I built the box btw, its a dual setup. Can run 2 nails on it, or two plates. I built plates for squishing rosin for the 20 ton press, so I use my box for either running the squish plates or for a dab rig or two.

Anyways, yeah the nice rig broke awhile ago, so had to resort to the bong for doing dabs with some attachments, then it broke, repaired it, used it without water for to long, so we had to pick this up. Got the sour rig, cheap drop-down(twice...), and cheap nail. The nail is nice/okay being new, but its far from good quality, same with the drop down, sucks/works, but the rig itself I think I'm happy with. Not what I had in mind, but it fits the things I need. Heavy base that wont tip with weight of nail/cord being so far away with a drop down. Learned this the hard way a couple times lol. And it has a nice smooth mouth piece. All we were really looking for. Was 230 for the rig, but know the the owner and got rig/drop-down/second drop-down/nail for like 240 total.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Alright, so I have some new pics I'm about to sort through, and share with you all. Tops grew to a good few inches or so above the screens, I rearranged everything and cut most the undergrowth, see how they look in a day or two and it will be time to flip.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Okay, so yeah I cut the undergrowth, and I did a bit more then I had planned to, but I'm sure with full tea coming and the growth spurt from it should line up with the recovery from all the just got cut off, so it should fill back in lol.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Before under trimming and after....and again, normally I would wait until end of stretch to cut most of that, but with the growth rate I'm getting, and the size of the cab vs space for the plants, I'm sure I would of been to over grown and to much to cut at once by end of stretch. At least with the modular screens its easy to pull them out and work on them and put them back in.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Okay, well thats it for the pics, I do have the panda film cut and ready to install, and I may have another big update soon if all works out. Thats it for now, dab time...

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Okay, so finally got most of the panda film up, have a lil bit yet to go. So had to empty and clean the cab, also here is pic of the current exhaust. Just a shitty lil fan on the end there, soon as I get another speed controller Ill hook up the nicer fan in the background sitting on top of the mini scrubber.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well, after using panda in the before, I know that it will rip right off staples, so I cut some card stock up and put that down before the staple, and put tape over the staples.(I would of but this up much differently, but being in the middle of a grow I didn't want to use a glue or adhesive and what not. So I put some panda around all the corner braces, so no more light leaks there.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well, next up was to put up all the sides/top/bottem chunks of panda. I did run out of tape, so I have to go back and go over the rest of the seams yet, but I got above the light done so at least don't have to take that sucker down again. Since I ran out of tape, I still have to tape the seams, and get the front door on. My zipper kits seem sticky, was going to tape them from the back after they are stuck on just in case though. Need to get more tape first. Nice and bright now, and time to move the girls back in...