What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Opinions on freebies

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Freebies are a nice bonus, but I never count on them in my order. I dont think I've ever gotten a "mix" as a freebie, though I have ordered mix packs before. Mix packs are "like a box of chocolates".

My favorite type if freebie is an extra seed or two of the ones I ordered. Sweet Seeds 3+1 deal comes to mind.

I often share my freebies with new growers, so knowing what to expect is a good thing. What I don't like is getting photoperiod freebies with my autoflower order, or vice versa.

Share the green....that's what it's all about. Or do most hoard freebies? Another afterthought meandering....

We grow out maybe 30% of freebies received and spread the love around to those wanting something new.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I prefer that freebies be labeled with their lineage but it's not necessary as long as the breeders are available for the asking.

BUT...
FREEBIES are just that... free seeds...
Who complains about free seeds?
If you don't want them give them to somebody else!

Expectations about free things are childish.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I prefer that freebies be labeled with their lineage but it's not necessary as long as the breeders are available for the asking.

BUT...
FREEBIES are just that... free seeds...
Who complains about free seeds?
If you don't want them give them to somebody else!

Expectations about free things are childish.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Amen, bro! ;o)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, speaking of FREEBIES. Customer asked us if we knew what GTE strain was....she recently got a freebie GG4 x GTE. Can't locate breeder or outfit selling.

Any ideas on GTE? I Googled and nothing came up.