What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheesy Rider (O.D.B.)

M

mrghost

highly recommended (for connoisseurs)

I got this as a freebie back in 2017 (3 seeds of which 2 were female).
I kept the smaller yielder (a bushy phenotype) which currently has the most interesting terpene profile in my collection.
She finishes in 8 - 9 weeks and loves my rich organic soil.
I don't top her more than once, sometimes not at all depending on the structure of the clone since she tends to grow in to a bush with hundreds of smaller buds (firm golfballs). I prefer bigger buds so I train her to build some bigger colas and less branchings.

I first popped the seed in August 2017. I've never gotten big yields from her but you can get high just from her smell.
She's musky and flowery when ripe but develops extremely gassy notes to complete the profile once the curing process is complete (~2months), so wait for her to develop (even if she already smells insane).

She's on the list for the next flowering cycle.

Ready to flower

... because I couldn't pace myself and emptied the jar.

Last edited:
M

mrghost

The second picture seems to have gotten lost.

... here it is:

attachment.php

B - C Grade / Scraps after curing

Attachments

• cheesy_rider_2.jpg
    cheesy_rider_2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
M

mrghost

Credit to karma for giving away such awesome gems!

Nice looking nugs man!! :yummy:

Next one is a few days into flower. I'll make sure to post pics of her full beauty during the flowering cycle.

The nugs you commented on are really just a tease (leftovers of an outgrown mom)

Last edited:
M

mrghost

About 3 weeks into flower. As usual the bigger leaves already ooze of resin and the smell is building up.
attachment.php

M

mrghost

1 day before harvest. The cheesy rider turned almost black. (natural fade)

picture.php

This is looking good, ive had this strain on my mind for a long time but never got around to growing it,

Does it have that kind of cheesy smell to it that i remember from exodus cheese?

M

mrghost

This is looking good, ive had this strain on my mind for a long time but never got around to growing it,

Does it have that kind of cheesy smell to it that i remember from exodus cheese?

I'd say this phenotype has more of an OG kush type terpene profile (musky, gassy) but I had another phenotype whith a strong cheese smell. A friend once called it "Burger weed" since it remembered him of a good cheesy burger :biggrin:.

sounds delicious..

me and a good friend have this joint love for the cheese aroma/taste, but i feel he is leaning more to the exodus side where i myself prefer as you also mention more of the gassy kushy musky style cheese,

but its just like actual cheese, some like more mild creamy and other are looking for that intense strong taste experience, - and some dishes call for certain cheeses

take-away food is horrible in my area so when you order a pizza here you will just get that cheap-tasteless-comerical type cheese, thats that fake cheese tho, haha

Alpen rock

Hi Mr Ghost, thanks for the report!!
My Cheesy Rider keeper is still going strong over here after many years...not much of a pheno hunt really, I handed three seeds to a friend and they all turned females!
he kept one and I think he never grew anything else.
To all ppl reading this, do not sleep on these beans, there are a few left in some UK seedbanks, GET EM!!!
She did really well outdoor too (though her complex smell of honeysuckle turned to a more chemmy/ bug spray stank),extremly dense golfball nugs, zero budrot (to take with a pinch of salt as 2 last autumns were dry af).

Awesome strain big up Karma!!

smoke report here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299717