What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Sorry that I don't have much info out there on what I'm doing, Up until recently I didn't really see my methods as being something other folks could learn from... So I've been pretty lame on the documentation..

My plants start off as cuttings generally, when they root I put em in small 3 inch square pots, they stay in the square pots for a fair amount of time, I usually find them root bound or close too, when it's time to transplant into the 2 gal... once they are in 2 gal pots they get a fair amount of time to stretch out, usually a couple months, As soon as they are ready for flower, they get one more transplant into 5 gal where they will live in veg for a few days to a week for some, then into the oven they go!!

For watering I'm kind of lazy I use a garden aeration can, The plants get varying amounts depending on what type of watering they got the time before... ( not 100% fool proof cause sometimes I forget)

For instance If I've given them a medium watering and a light watering, chances are they will need a heavy watering sooner rather than later..

A heavy watering is basically enough to see some standing water in the saucer, a medium watering the saucer gets wet but not standing water...a light one is just soaking the top of the media to keep the soil solution moist

My problem is I recently changed from 1 kw single ended vertical HPS lighting, to 1 kw double ended HPS horizontal lighting for flower... I was expecting similar results or slightly better with the double ended lighting, and I am getting the opposite... kind of a major bummer
Thanks for posting bro. What is a garden aeration can? Google is just showing me the things you use to aerate lawns or golf courses with the spikes sticking into the ground. I really wanted to look into the vertical grows, it seems to make a lot of sense pointing the lights at the plants from the side where they can penetrate deeper. I wanted to try adding 2 side lights to my horizontal grow. You were running an entire vertical setup before?

MrBungle

I think it could be a few things.. I haven't quite figured it out yet... but I will and I will let you all know :)

MrBungle

I saw a grower on here.. can't remember their screen name.. anyways they run a funnel tube system, where each tube runs to a plant and the other end is attached to a funnel..

You basically water through a funnel and tube instead of leaning into the tent to water... There is a little bit of set up in the beginning of flower, but it seems like a pretty simple and smart little set up... Hopefully they see this and stop in to elaborate a bit more!!

Jonny Lan

I take cuts with cup of water handy. place them into water right after cutting. while in cup prune or cnip back any leaves if necessary. then i label them with tape around stem. lastly i remove from cup of water cut off a bit of the stem at an angle, scrape and place in rooting hormone. then into a small clone cup filled with my organic medium and then into dome for 8 days then boom roots exploding out the bottom. i never even have to water them.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Good news and bad news. The bad news is I forgot to add the KLN (rooting stimulant) to my deep water culture cloner when I started these clones 1 week ago.

picard-facepalm.jpg

The good news is they didn't seem to care and are still alive. Not rooting or callusing up at all, but that's my bad :D

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Here is a couple photos. This was the plant that was looking a bit gnarly a few weeks back.
And now it's just been up potted. And the two on the left were taken at the same time,they fared better and grew faster.

cone

Don't be brother! Hope all is well with you and this bowl for you :bongsmi:

AP thanks for the bowl set me up for a good day!

I've been in the hospital for a couple of days my spinal collum is fucked with Scoliosis, Consultant says it's not that bad & is refusing to do anything about the fucking cockroach isn't bothered why would he be when he leaves next month the maggot!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
AP thanks for the bowl set me up for a good day!

I've been in the hospital for a couple of days my spinal collum is fucked with Scoliosis, Consultant says it's not that bad & is refusing to do anything about the fucking cockroach isn't bothered why would he be when he leaves next month the maggot!
Damn bro that fucking sucks! I cannot even imagine the pain.:huggg: And I don't pray but this bowl is for you brother.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
I think I finally made a big leap in my cloning game.

first off I got a nice 10"x20" t5 light fixture. I have 2 bulbs running each 24 watts.

Second I decided to use my closet as the clone area, and this has helped massivly as I have lights on 24/0, and the temps are very stable at 70-75 and humidity is 65% without the domes so I have not needed domes since day 1.

I can also fit in 3 trays perfectly into this closet, and they are resting on the baseboard, so there is a 3 inch gap underneath, I have put in a seedling matt in there ( not touching the trays) and it boosts temps in the closet in a safe way. I measured the lumens and im getting a nice even 4K in all areas.

I take 4 cuttings of 1 strain and put them into 1 rockwell cube. I only need 1 to root so this increases my chances. I put in 8 cubes per tray.

Day 10, and I see roots on my first one already!

Anyways this setup is great, as it requires no daily maintenance, removing of domes to air out, moving around to different areas for light or trying to control temps.

Will keep you guys posted, just wanted to share.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
yes I am cheap and they are like 30 cents a piece. if I stick in a cutting thats not a primo one because its small or doesnt have a lot of leaves, and it ends up rotting or yellowing and dying then im out a whole cube for nothin! with 4 Im bound to get at least one to root. but I usually get 3 to root, so then i just separate the cube into each corner with the rooted cut. I know there is a bit of shock but its only a couple of days, this way I end up with more cuts, and I divide as soon as I see roots and transplant. Im just a little guy screwing around. each there own.