What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Friday to you as well pop_rocks!
Im looming forward to the weekend as well buddy. Im really hoping for some nice boating weather this weekend but the weather man says I shouldn't get my hopes up. There is a good chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday. If we don't get out on the boat this weekend it will have been 3 weeks since we were out for our first and only time of the year. By this time last summer we'd been out at least 4 times, its a short season and we need to get out enough times to make it worth the cost and hassle of owning a boat year around.
To me life is absolutely about trying new things so get on that horse and see what its got in the tank. Just be careful when they trot they bounce a lot and I always felt like I was going to bounce right off its back. When they step it up I to a run they smooth out a lot I think. Get that picture and have fun doing it!
I would certainly recommend getting some fireworks on your way home. I really missed fireworks when I lived in calli. We have plenty of fireworks stores here and its pretty amazing how many people light them off right around the 4th. Fireworks are getting pretty fancy these days and its easy to spend a lot more than you might think on some of the big ones.
Thats great your ex and your sister get along well. You guys are going to have a great time there and you'll have plenty of time to talk about your future on the ride home!
I love those cone tube shaped papers. Its a great shape and the small end has that insert that keeps the weed out of your mouth when you hit it. I need to order some soon as I've got some concerts coming up and I like to share a joint with my neighbors at the shows. Ive had joints with tobacco in them and they say the nicotine helps get you higher than with plain bud. Ever since I quit smoking a few years ago I am disgusted by the smell of cigarettes and would probably pass on the tobacco \weed joint these days as well.
Have a great weekend brother and I hope you have a blast on your trip!

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Smoked my first Brisket, started lastnight at 830, pulled it of at 10 this morning. It was very tasty and tender, couldn't be happier with It. Especially for my first attempt. Seasoned with salt pepper and garlic.

Now that I quit smoking cigarettes, I can't stand the smell either. A big motivation was that I was smelling it on myself. I feel so much better now, it's been 5 months with only a few cravings. I still vape, gotta start weaning myself off of the vape soon.

@ Fiddynuts, I hope you get to hit the lake this weekend.

@ pop rocks, I hope you have a great trip.

Fiddynut

What's up jungle mates,

Smoked my first Brisket, started lastnight at 830, pulled it of at 10 this morning. It was very tasty and tender, couldn't be happier with It. Especially for my first attempt. Seasoned with salt pepper and garlic.

Now that I quit smoking cigarettes, I can't stand the smell either. A big motivation was that I was smelling it on myself. I feel so much better now, it's been 5 months with only a few cravings. I still vape, gotta start weaning myself off of the vape soon.

@ Fiddynuts, I hope you get to hit the lake this weekend.

@ pop rocks, I hope you have a great trip.

Good afternoon Packerfan.
Good work on that brisket buddy! There might not be a wrong way to season a brisket but I like the salt and pepper best and a little garlic sure doesn't hurt things. A lot of places use rubs with a lot of chilli peppers in them and to me that takes away from the wonderful beefy flavor that goes so well with the smoke and S and P.
I quit smoking a lot of times but the last time a few years ago I was finally ready to quit for good. I was on the nicotine gum for a while but I was able to get off that a couple years or so ago. Its been a long time since I had a craving to smoke cigs.
The weather on Sunday was a mix of sun and clouds and it was kind of windy but we went out and made the best of it. Even though there were plenty of clouds I got a little bit of a sunburn!
I hope you had a great weekend.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
well well well; guess whatthe cat dragged in

how have you guys been?!? man ive missed my friends in the jungle crowd
ive been back from the great state of tx for a couple weeks just getting shit sorted out and my feet back under me
how have you been fiddy? how has your summer been going so far
get out on the boat much this year? while in tx i picked up a sweet pick up truck and am fitting her out as a camp wagon plus just an all around fun ride

happening p'fan!
how have you and the family been doing this summer? im lucky that we havent had any fires here in socal and so far the heat isnt that bad
/at least compared to tx heat
how are the kids doing man? are they going back to school or whats going on
//f' gavin btw
got a sweet new ride and am going to be doing a lot moe camping in her
hope to catch up with you soon here brother

and to the rest of the jungle tribe, happy summer and enjoy the hot weather while we can
hope the rest of you guys are doing well and growing some nice home grown

have tons of fun stories and things to share when i get settled back in yupo bet ill be blabbin

Fiddynut

well well well; guess whatthe cat dragged in

how have you guys been?!? man ive missed my friends in the jungle crowd
ive been back from the great state of tx for a couple weeks just getting shit sorted out and my feet back under me
how have you been fiddy? how has your summer been going so far
get out on the boat much this year? while in tx i picked up a sweet pick up truck and am fitting her out as a camp wagon plus just an all around fun ride

happening p'fan!
how have you and the family been doing this summer? im lucky that we havent had any fires here in socal and so far the heat isnt that bad
/at least compared to tx heat
how are the kids doing man? are they going back to school or whats going on
//f'gavin btw
got a sweet new ride and am going to be doing a lot moe camping in her
hope to catch up with you soon here brother

and to the rest of the jungle tribe, happy summer and enjoy the hot weather while we can
hope the rest of you guys are doing well and growing some nice home grown

have tons of fun stories and things to share when i get settled back in yupo bet ill be blabbin

Greetings pop_rocks.
Im glad you had a good trip to Texas! I have been wondering how it went and if you made it back to SD with that truck. Did you get your fill of tex-mex and Texas BBQ? Did you go on the horse ride you were thinking about? What else is fun to do in Texas?

I gave up boating because I don't have enough free time to justify owning a boat. Not enough nice Sundays in the season to enjoy it and when I was I would have to neglect my other hobbies. Ive been really hitting the mountain biking hard this season. I rode 14 times at Alpine in July and a couple weeks ago I did my first back to back laps there. It was on!y a 16 or so mile ride but was 2 hours and 40 minutes of ass kicking climbs and exciting descents! Ive been working really hard and I may be close to getting into the best shape of my life. Ive also got my diet in a pretty good place and I'm feeling great. My disc golf game is as good as it was back in the 90's and I even got a hole in one a few weeks back. Ive been getting plenty of live music in as well and really things couldn't be much better. With summer wrapping up in a few weeks I am looking forward to some cooler fall days and even stoked that I've got snowboarding to look forward to this winter.

I'd love to hear more about your adventures and see what that truck you got is all about!
Ive also got an important jungle announcement to make so I might as well get to it in the next post.
Talk soon pop_rocks.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends!
Happy Tuesday. Ive been away for a bit but was still checking in regularly. I miss all of the participants here but I know how easy it is to get busy with other things. Ive been spending a lot less time in front of the computer and a lot more time out doing things the last few weeks.

For the last 5 years I've been learning how to grow out our favorite plant. Other than a quick break for some well repairs I've kept my flower tent packed and my lights running. I enjoy spending time with my plants and tending to them for the most part. Only occasionally does it seem like a chore or do I feel like a slave to them.
A few weeks ago I decided that the run I had going was to be my last run for a while. Im not sure for how long but I felt it was a good time for a break. We are going to be getting some work done in the house and can't risk an inspector or contractor finding my plants. My last harvest was about 3 weeks ago and I must admit its been kind of nice to not have to water and such. I miss the plants but the break is a nice thing too. Im not sure when I will be set up and running again but I'll still be checking in here on icmag and hope to continue to chat with y'all from time to time.
Lets finish off the summer strong guys and I hope all your gardens are kicking ass!

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Sounds like everyone is having a busy summer.

POP rocks, glad to hear you had a good time in Texas. A camping rig sounds like something I could get behind. Kids have been back in school for about a month. The wife got promoted to supervisor, so she got a 6$ raise, woo hoo got me sugar momma, lol.

yeH ,I am with you Newsom has got to go. Polls look pretty good for Larry Elder. Imagine the shock to the system that would be.

@Fiddynuts I feel the need for a break on occasion, too.. I wind up bored and stir crazy after a few weeks of not growing. Bummer about not having time for boating. I am looking forward to some fall weather. Today is the first day in months that I'm not sweating at 9 am.

hope everyone is doing well

Fiddynut

Good afternoon Packerfan.
Were having a pretty hot summer here but not compared to what you guys have to deal with. I feel like I acclimated to the heat pretty well this year with plenty of days upper 80's and lower 90's. Im glad to hear that your having a good summer and congrats to your wife on the promotion and raise!

Latest posts

Latest posts