What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening buddy! hope your week is rolling along
my plan for the truck is to just buildit out as a camp wagon, but im sure i will still drive it around
/especially if it looks kick ass
a friend who knows off road said there are tons of after market stuff for the chevy and the z71 is a solid build
im pretty sure it was well kept and its sounds like a good ride
thats would be rad to check out your pics of the races! and just how you guys are having fun
so are you guys camping there for the long weekend?
have a greatr day brother and have an even better weekend!

Fiddynut

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
That's a great idea to have a full sized pick up as a camp wagon. You'll be able to go anywhere, including through snow, and be able to carry everything you might need with you. You can even bring a bunch of firewood with you if you need to.
Im sure that your buddy is right about them being solid trucks and as long as its been maintained it should be great. A lot of people use them as work trucks here plowing snow in the winter and pulling a trailer in the summer. They seem to hold up to that quite well and I see them with 200k plus miles all the time.
Yes we will be camping up at the track this weekend. The forecast is for great weather, sunny and warm. Since we are going to Chicago on Saturday nigh for the concert we can sleep in our own beds Saturday night and then head back to the track early Sunday morning. We might camp Sunday night too.
Ill get some pics of the action up at the track and the concert and post them up next week.
I hope you have a great weekend brother!
​​​​​​

DoloDankness

Hey everybody! Hope everyone had a great week! Work went smooth for me this week and Im steady on the grind haha. Some good news is Im in the same boat as pop, kind of anyways, Im looking to buy my first car! Just looking for something with decent miles that does okay in the snow. After I finally get that going on the goal is to move out to Michigan in a few years or less as a level 3 at my job and also apply to become a caregiver. It's my dream to provide this medicine for people and I can do it there without having to worry about my freedom.

packerfan79 Glad to hear you had a good weekend my friend, beach getaways are always a nice relaxing time.

pop_rocks That sounds like a cool idea with the truck, I don't know much about trucks like Fiddy, but I do agree its gonna work out as long as its maintained properly. People use them for farm trucks up here all the time.

Fiddynut I can't wait to see those pics man! Sounds like youre in for a great weekend! Have fun and be safe.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
whats up friends! lets get this weekend started

happening doh
i wish i had a farm, maybe one day...
the truck is rock solid and is more and hauling/work type of truck, but i am getting more into the idea that this could work for me
hahah i just turned 50 yrs old bro, i bought my firstcar long before you were born my man
/a toyoya celica; it kicked ass
what kind of ride are you looking for doh; do you want a car that gets you from point A-B every day or are you can pick up the hciks in
dont waste money on a new car , buy used and get something easy to work on
its a lot of responsibility but also great feeling to have a car you like

hope you are having a great day f'nut! let the fun begin
if you can, get some shots of your adventure
so part of this whole truck thing is the mrs is going to fly co pilot on the ride back
i am going to head out and get the ride ready, then fly her out adn we are going to drive back together
if this goes as planned it will be sweet

kick ass guys and have a great day!

packerfan79

Veteran
whats up friends! lets get this weekend started

happening doh
i wish i had a farm, maybe one day...
the truck is rock solid and is more and hauling/work type of truck, but i am getting more into the idea that this could work for me
hahah i just turned 50 yrs old bro, i bought my firstcar long before you were born my man
/a toyoya celica; it kicked ass
what kind of ride are you looking for doh; do you want a car that gets you from point A-B every day or are you can pick up the hciks in
dont waste money on a new car , buy used and get something easy to work on
its a lot of responsibility but also great feeling to have a car you like

hope you are having a great day f'nut! let the fun begin
if you can, get some shots of your adventure
so part of this whole truck thing is the mrs is going to fly co pilot on the ride back
i am going to head out and get the ride ready, then fly her out adn we are going to drive back together
if this goes as planned it will be sweet

kick ass guys and have a great day!

Hey Pop,

A pick-up truck is really handy. I really need one myself. I just got my car back from the tyranny shop today, 3500$ sucks ass, but I gotta keep rolling.. Won't be getting a truck any time soon.

Its a good skill to be able to fix cars, especially when you are broken down on the side of the road.

There is a kid on YouTube that has his truck set up with everything for camping. His channel is "MAV ". You should check it out. He did a video in the grand canyon camping overnight and found a bunch of rattle snakes. Maybe skip that one lol.

Hope you guys have a good weekend.

DoloDankness

pop_rocks Thanks for the advice, I'm just looking for something that's easy to work on like you said, good in the snow for the winter, doesnt have to be a sporty car, but I don't want to be riding around in a Buick either lol. Ive been looking on marketplace, and it seems that Covid has kind of shot up the prices so I might have to do a little more saving to get something that I like. I don't mind waiting to make sure I get something I want to drive everyday rather than be embarrassed to drive it.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope y'all had a great weekend. I sure did. It was a really fun weekend and everything went really well. I got up to the track early enough on Friday to see all the action and party it up. Saturday was a busy day with everything going on at the track and then the trip to Chicago. Traffic sucked on the way to the concert but we gave ourselves plenty of time so we were there in time to get a great spot. We got home late but in plenty of time to catch a few hours sleep and then up early and bad up to the track sunday morning. The weather was on the hot side but no rain and just about perfect for a full weekend of outside activities. The music was great and so was the racing!

Hey DoloDankness I'm glad you had a great week! Getting a car is kind of a mixed bag but in a lot of places its a necessary evil so to speak. Where I live and work there just isn't a viable public transportation option and its like that in much of the country. Cars can be expensive to own but are also your way to travel freely. Your right that prices on cars (and motorcycles, boats, ect.) are high right now. Michigan has great cannabis laws and if you move there we will be neighbors so to speak. Good luck and I hope.you get to live your dream buddy! If you can find a nice Subaru at a good price they are very reliable and great in the snow. On a side note the best car I ever had was a mid 90's buick lesabre. That thing never let me down and could even pull a decent sized trailer.

Good afternoon pop_rocks. Im keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with your truck purchase and the ride back with your lady. A road trip is a great way to catch up with some one. Bring plenty of gas money, you'll need it (just kidding but they are thirsty rides). Ive got some pics on my phone and ill Dee if I remember how to upload them to the still new to me look here at icmag.

Im glad you got your wheels back Packerfan. 3500 is steep but beats walking to work. Its great to be able to fix cars but these newer rides are more computer than mechanical and you need a lot of special tools and scanning equipment to work on them. it almost seems like the manufacturers are trying to make it impossible for a regular guy to do his own maintenance and repair. Wasn't we all supposed to be driving flying cars by now like on the Jetsons anyway?

Fiddynut

Pics from the track!

Attachments

• photo2051968.jpg
    photo2051968.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 32
  • photo2051969.jpg
    photo2051969.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 29
  • photo2051971.jpg
    photo2051971.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 29
  • photo2051972.jpg
    photo2051972.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2051973.jpg
    photo2051973.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 29

Fiddynut

And a couple from the show and of the Chicago sky line from our spot in the lot at solder field.

Attachments

• photo2051975.jpg
    photo2051975.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2051976.jpg
    photo2051976.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 29
  • photo2051977.jpg
    photo2051977.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2051978.jpg
    photo2051978.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 29

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening brother! that sounds like a great time you had my man
the race action is sweet and those look like some nice bikes they are moving on
thats cool you guys got to check out soldier field too for the show, rock and roll my man
me and the mrs arent really on but at least we are talking;i wish things were different, but i can wish for a lot of things
the coolest thing is, the truck is free!
my sister was going to get burgers when i arrive, a place canned what a burger
ive enver had them but can wait
i hope you are having a great wek brother and are looking at an even better weeeknd

packerfan79

Veteran
happening brother! that sounds like a great time you had my man
the race action is sweet and those look like some nice bikes they are moving on
thats cool you guys got to check out soldier field too for the show, rock and roll my man
me and the mrs arent really on but at least we are talking;i wish things were different, but i can wish for a lot of things
the coolest thing is, the truck is free!
my sister was going to get burgers when i arrive, a place canned what a burger
ive enver had them but can wait
i hope you are having a great wek brother and are looking at an even better weeeknd

Whataburger is pretty good. The Texas folks think it's better than in n out. I don't agree but they are good. Hope you have a safe trip.

Bummer things aren't going well with the ex. Maybe just take a step back and concentrate on you. Maybe even try dating. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. The less attention a woman receives, the more desire grows. Either way I hope it works out for the best.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
thanks for the kind owrds brother! i appreciate it p'man
yeah i ve been on a few dates and am keeping my options open
who knows what the future brings but i will always miss the ex and what we had

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Friday! I hope y'all had a great week and are looking forward to a nice weekend. My week went by pretty quickly and without any drama. The cobra lips I'm growing was right at 21 days of 12\12 A coup!e days ago and I I gave them my most aggressive lollipoping yet. They should have some nice fat tops in a few weeks when I chop them. Last weekend was a busy one and I'm looking to get some rest and relaxation in this weekend in addition to spending time with my dad on Sunday for fathers day. A buddy brought me a 3 pack of baby back ribs a couple days ago and ill be BBQing them at some point for sure this weekend. I usually cook st. Louis style ribs but its nice to have something different from time to time. My buddy who got me the ribs comes over every few weeks and I always send him home with a coup!e grams of bud and never let him give me cash so once every few times I see him he shows up with ribs, steaks, or a nice bottle of liquor. Works for me!

I haven't had Whataburger either pop_rocks but they look good in the pictures. It doesn't look like there are any locations anywhere near hear but they do have them in Alabama so next time I'm down there ill see if I can find one to give a try. This is Culvers county up here and they have by far the best fastish food burgers that I've tried, along with delicious frozen custard.
That's so cool your getting the truck for free brother! No way to beat that. It should last a really long time if you went driving it all the time and I doubt you guys have to worry about rust out there.
Pack' has a good point about maybe stepping back with the ex for a little bit and he is totally right that absence makes the heart grow fonder. If its ment to be you guys will get back together some day and if not its better to move on than try and force anything.
Do you have anything exciting going this weekend? Anything interesting on the menu?
I hope you have a great weekend buddy!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
hey friends! hows it going
hope everyone is having a great week and ready for summer time

how did the ribs turn out fiddy?
thats so cool you and your friend have a good thing worked out
a lot of times you can share with people and they dont really share back so it sounds like this guy is cool
yeah im excited about trying some new foods and just hanging out with family while there
we will have a great time and ill be sure to get some pics in addition to some great stories to share
im excited about the truck and talked to my nephew about it th other day
we will make a day of taking it out and getting her road ready and go from there
the more we talked the more i wanted to do so we will see what the final price tag is, but im getting a screaming deal so i cant go wrong
/have you seen the price of used cars/ trucks lately?
me and the mrs are actually doing a lot better now
one fo the things that ive done on my end i work on my drinking
its not like i was this angry drunk, but it definitely put a wall up between us now that she dosent drink
she dosent even care if i drink, just not all the time
im in training right now!
ive nbeen getting up and taking better care of myself, working out harder and eatting a lot better
i cant wait for the adventure to begin

Fiddynut

hey friends! hows it going
hope everyone is having a great week and ready for summer time

how did the ribs turn out fiddy?
thats so cool you and your friend have a good thing worked out
a lot of times you can share with people and they dont really share back so it sounds like this guy is cool
yeah im excited about trying some new foods and just hanging out with family while there
we will have a great time and ill be sure to get some pics in addition to some great stories to share
im excited about the truck and talked to my nephew about it th other day
we will make a day of taking it out and getting her road ready and go from there
the more we talked the more i wanted to do so we will see what the final price tag is, but im getting a screaming deal so i cant go wrong
/have you seen the price of used cars/ trucks lately?
me and the mrs are actually doing a lot better now
one fo the things that ive done on my end i work on my drinking
its not like i was this angry drunk, but it definitely put a wall up between us now that she dosent drink
she dosent even care if i drink, just not all the time
im in training right now!
ive nbeen getting up and taking better care of myself, working out harder and eatting a lot better
i cant wait for the adventure to begin

The ribs turned out really well! Even my wife, who says she doesn't usually like ribs, ate a few and commented that they were great.
For sure my buddy and I have a good thing worked out with the sharing. He's definitely a good guy and appreciates fresh buds and seems to really enjoy bringing something nice to show it. We've known each other since like 7th grade and we use to work together for a few years in the early to mid 2000's. Like you mentioned there are plenty of people who would try and take advantage of free bud but he is one of the good guys. It gives me some faith in humanity to see that some of us are still cool like that.
Im really looking forward to hearing about your adventures and all the interesting sights you see and foods you try on your trip. If I ever went to Texas at the top of my list would be to try the bbq brisket and hot link sausage they are famous for. Also texmex comes to mind when thinking about Texas.
I hope you get her road worthy quickly and easily! When my sister in law moved from Cali to Alabama they said it took 2 days to drive across Texas so plan on plenty of drive time. Also ive heard they cops in rural Texas can be really tough on cannabis so keep a ow profile brother!
It's great you and your lady are doing better. Life is too short for fighting and fussing. Drinking less is always good for the body and probably the mind as well. It can be tough for someone who doesn't during to be around someone who does if its all the time even if the drinker is on good behavior. Eating better and working out are always good things, especially as we get older, and wiser. Good work buddy keep it up!
​​​​​

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening my friend! im 5 days and a wake up from tx
i talked to by bil yesterday and he cant wait for me to get there
we have some fun things planned and a whole lot of nothing to do
he even got this cigarette rolling machine that he plans on making weed cigs with and we are going to check out his pot shop spot
man i cant wait
im not going to try and bring any weed with me in or out just to be safe
i saw a news story about a pro athlete getting busted recently at dfw with a grinder with cannabis residue in it and im not there to fck around
/https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2021/06/23/lakers-guard-alex-caruso-arrested-by-texas-am-police-for-trying-to-board-plane-with-drugs-reports-say/
so i was talking to him about the food scene and there are a few places we might hit up
i dont know if we are going to the dfw area, thats where a lot of those spots you see on the tv cooking shows are located
but im sure there is a kick as joint closer to where they live
check this out man, i am going to ride a horse too while im out there
my sister has been into horses as far back as i can remember and she has her own horse now
i talked to her and she said we could go out and vitit the animal while im there!
i asked if i could sit on it and she said i have to ride the horse
im not really into riding horses but it soulnds like a blast
i cant wait for this weekend but im also ready for the fun next week!

Fiddynut

happening my friend! im 5 days and a wake up from tx
i talked to by bil yesterday and he cant wait for me to get there
we have some fun things planned and a whole lot of nothing to do
he even got this cigarette rolling machine that he plans on making weed cigs with and we are going to check out his pot shop spot
man i cant wait
im not going to try and bring any weed with me in or out just to be safe
i saw a news story about a pro athlete getting busted recently at dfw with a grinder with cannabis residue in it and im not there to fck around
/https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2021/06/23/lakers-guard-alex-caruso-arrested-by-texas-am-police-for-trying-to-board-plane-with-drugs-reports-say/
so i was talking to him about the food scene and there are a few places we might hit up
i dont know if we are going to the dfw area, thats where a lot of those spots you see on the tv cooking shows are located
but im sure there is a kick as joint closer to where they live
check this out man, i am going to ride a horse too while im out there
my sister has been into horses as far back as i can remember and she has her own horse now
i talked to her and she said we could go out and vitit the animal while im there!
i asked if i could sit on it and she said i have to ride the horse
im not really into riding horses but it soulnds like a blast
i cant wait for this weekend but im also ready for the fun next week!

It sounds like your going to have a great time next week. I love the anticipation when a trip is getting close. Im sure your nephew and sister are looking forward to seeing you as well! I hope you guys do everything you've got planned and more. Im sure there are a lot of great and unique things to see and do in Texas.
I use to have one of those rolling machines back in the day. From memory it was really easy to make the joints too tight and they were almost impossible to pull through. Tobacco is a lot less dense and leafy so with bud you had to be careful to not put as much in as you'd be tempted to. Reminds me that I haven't been puffing many joints lately. Im not vary good at rolling joints and I feel like I should be after 30 years of practice. And if your nephew has a good hookup you don't need to risk bringing anything on the plane with you.
​​​​​​You should be able to find great Texas bbq just about everywhere in the state. As big as Texas is I'd bet there are differences in the style of bbq in different regions. Im sure you guys will find some great local eats and I look forward to hearing about them and hopefully seeing some pics when you get back!
Riding a horse sounds like fun. I rode a few times when I was a kid up by where our cabin was. There was a stable that gave guided tours through the national forest just a few miles from the place up north. I was pretty young but I never got the feeling they liked having someone on their back. My wife hasn't been on a horse and really wants to ride someday. Maybe that would be a good anniversary present for her. Im sure your sisters horse is tame and I hope you have a great ride.
I hope your week is finishing strong brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
hey hey my man! happy friday
lets get the weekend on
ive never really been into horses and growing up i kind of avioded them
but its a chance to try something new and im sure the horse will be cool, plus i will get a pic of me on horse back!
/rough rider style!
we will be doing a lot of good cooking and im going to make them a couple nice meals, plus i will colaborate with my nephew and bil on meals too so we are going to eat good!
but i want to check out some realt tx bbq
so i was doing so looking at online maps and it turns out there are fireworks stores close to my sisters house!
im thinking i might buy a box or two to bring abck to california! for those desert camping trips later in the year
i used to love fireworks and the chence to pick some up sounds pretty sweet to me
i was talking to the ex and i think i am just going to bite the bullet and pay her way out if thats what it takes
i want her to get to spend time with my family and be like we used to and my sister and her have this friendship so it would be nice
/sis said "...she is welcome at her house any time", when i asked
its only a few hundred dollars for her plane ticket but worth a lot more for the memories i hope
the machine he got is like one of those cone machines that shoot the weed into pre made tube
ive seen them before and he sent me a video of how it works
hes been smoking on them and says they are great for a fun puff, but he puts tobacco in his
/like 50/50 or 25/75
i dont smoke cigarettes but have not problem with smokers, but told him i would roll mine straight up weed
im goign to post up a link to the shop he gets his weed from here! he sent me the name and i was looking at their menu online
kid in a candy shop shit and i cant wait for the fun to begin
have a great day fiddy and i hope you have an even better weekend!