What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Greetings icmag users, old and new friends and lurkers. This will be my new grow thread. I will be starting my fourth grow soon and will try to keep both of my tents packed. I'm looking for keepers and some nice variety of buds to smoke. I have a few packs of seeds now and will be adding to the genetic pool as much as I can. Right now I have some Bodhi seeds lemon wookie(lemon diesel x wookie15), granola funk (GSC forum x wookie15), and his chem91 jb x snow lotus. I also have a pack of tony greens gorilla bubble BX1F1. I have a few other freebie and tester packs that I got for free but haven't researched the breeders or strains yet.

As some of you know I've been growing for a few months now and have had some mixed results. My first grow went really well and I ended up with about 1/2 gram per watt from my 600w HPS light in my flower tent. Other than a few seeds and some under fed plants it went better than I expected it would. My second grow was going really well but ended a little early due to my not catching a hermie and it pollinating my girls. They were picked a little early so that I could move some autos into that tent. They weren't going to finish well anyway due to the plants putting energy into seed production. My third grow is at the 1/2 way point and it's my first attempt at auto-flowering plants.

As of now my equipment consists of 2 tents, 2 lights,a few fans and all the normal stuff. My flower tent is an oversized 3'x3' and my veg tent is an oversized 2'x4'. I have a 600w HID light in the flower tent and a 4' four bulbs t5 in the veg tent. The flower tent has a 4" canfan and carbon filter for air exchange and a 6" canfan to cool the light. The veg tent has a 4" inline duct fan for air exchange and I have box fans and smaller clip on fans in both tents. I've been using fox farm soil, happy frog to pop seeds and a blend of happy frog and ocean forest plus perlite when I pot up. I've kept it pretty simple with nutes using grow big, tiger bloom and kelp me kelp you. I have a few other nutes to incorporate into the mix if need be but I get a bit overwhelmed with too many choices and I'm looking for a simple yet effective nutrient schedule.

My plan is to keep learning about this wonderful plant and to become an skilled and experienced grower. I have learned a lot from the icmag forums over the last few months and couple grows. I want to continue to learn and grow. Keeping my plants happy and healthy is my goal and I know if I do that they'll reward me with nice ganja. On my second grow I was successful at taking cuttings and getting them to root. I want to continue to do this with future plants until I get some real winners that I can grow from clone. I may need a little more space once I have some mothers and will add a smaller tent when this becomes a reality.

So the journey begins again. Tonight I'll be prepping some soil and soaking some seeds. After a 12 hour soak I'll get them in some soil and hope for good things. My plan is to get 8 planted and keep them happy until the males show themselves. Once I boot the males I'll take the 4 best lady's and take cuttings from the tops to preserve in case they are winners. Then I'll transplant to final pots which are like 5-7 gallon and put into flower tent. I'm hoping to do a few runs like this and then have some great keepers to grow from clone. When growing from clone I should be able to top early and often and get some better yields. I'll remain flexible since plans have a way of changing. I've got a lot to learn and can only do that by getting experience and keeping the tents full and the lights on.

Thanks for stoping by to check out this grow...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
tag me in fiddy!
/does wild dance and runs back and forth

i like the idea of chronicling all the grows in one spot and cant wait for the action to start!
we have all had so much fun in the past threads im sure this one will follow suit

looking fore ward to seeing the "usual suspects" posts as well as some fresh new voices!
there will be plenty to learn and fun to be had by all, so lets get this party started!
im packin' the first round!

/walks in circles several times and flops down on the floor

Fiddynut

tag me in fiddy!
/does wild dance and runs back and forth

i like the idea of chronicling all the grows in one spot and cant wait for the action to start!
we have all had so much fun in the past threads im sure this one will follow suit

looking fore ward to seeing the "usual suspects" posts as well as some fresh new voices!
there will be plenty to learn and fun to be had by all, so lets get this party started!
im packin' the first round!

/walks in circles several times and flops down on the floor
Good evening pop_rocks.
Congrats on being the first to tag in and let's hope it's a good show. I know that dance. It looks like the one Rufus does at meal time and when it's time to go for a walk. Great to see you here and can't wait for the fun to continue.
I realized that if I start a new thread for every grow I'd be starting 10 or more a year and it seems better to just settle into one long progressive grow thread. We can mix it up with some food talk and other topics too. I know this is all about growing but sometimes it's nice to talk about a game or going for a great ride. I'm looking forward to hearing from friends from the other thread as well and welcome any new friends as well. The more the better. Party starts soon and I've already got an update to do before making some pork tacos with the little bit of pork bbq I have left from Sunday. Great to have you tagged in and can't wait for these beans to pop...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

Update

Update

Greetings friends.
The lemon wookiee beans are soaking and they will go into the soil tomorrow morning. I've got some happy frog in 4" pots that I sprinkled with mosquito beater (BT) and gave a good soaking. I've had fungus gnats from the soil before but since using the BT I never see more than one right after using new soil and never see any after that. I use BT every time I transplant or top up with new soil and it seems to keep them to an absolute minimum. Let's hope they keep working.

So the soil is ready and the seeds are getting a quick soak. Not much to do now but have a beer and some tacos. Thanks for stopping by...Fiddy.

My doge loves to do the dance at dinner time (and breakfast) too.

Actually, my doge dances any chance she can get.

Following along to see results - just wondering if you think going with 4 x 7 gallon is better than 5 x 5 gallons. Thinking you may get better results if you get 5 good lil girls at 5 gallon pots than 4 girls at 7 gallon pots.

thanks

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
welcome, sunnyFlI!
if i understand the question you are asking, would get a better yield from several smaller plants or fewer but larger plants?
it really depends on a lot of things
let hear more about your set up?

like how much light are you running and how much space do you have to grow?
how long are you planing on vegging for?

i would go with several smaller plants myself, but maybe your situation is different so that might not be the best answer for you

welcome aboard,man!

welcome, sunnyFlI!
if i understand the question you are asking, would get a better yield from several smaller plants or fewer but larger plants?

i would go with several smaller plants myself, but maybe your situation is different so that might not be the best answer for you

welcome aboard,man!

Right now, I'm restricted to guerrilla growing, being based in, of all places, Sunny FL (go figure :biggrin:). I take clones here and there (or use seeds when blessed with them), set single plants deep in the woods - or sometimes in plain sight - and let mother nature do her work. My wife is very, very anti-mj. Me, well, it helps me sleep, and is significantly better than the 6x15mg Oxy's and a 100microgram fentanyl patch I was on for years for pain control due to an accident I was in where I broke 8 bones, shattered my shoulder and completely blew out my jaw (my jaw is 100% titanium - they made it just for me. Doctors did an amazing job, and other than a small scar that I hide by a beard, you can't tell my chin is 100% metal). I digress.

Anyway, at least in my case, I've found that I have better production from more plants, but that's growing my situation.

When FL finally allows personal grows (I'm thinking 4 more years), from all the research I've done, I don't think there's much of a difference production wise between 5 gallon buckets and 7 gallon buckets - so my thought is you would get more with 5 baby mommas than with 4, as base wise, they would probably take up about the same space.

The other thought i had is that if you take 5 into production, rather than 4, you have an extra 20% chance of finding "the one" - so rather than only keeping the top 4 looking when you're done with veg, maybe keep the top 5 and go with 5 gallon buckets. That #5, while a runt at veg, could just be The ONE we all want.

Just think of it this way, if Jose only kept GG#1, GG#2 and GG#3, we'd never have GG#4 - which is probably close to the most elite strain out there (nothing against cookies, cotton candy(mmmm) or any other strain). Having that one extra momma gives you an extra 20% chance. Just a thought.

Either way, cheers !!!!!!:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Looking forward to watching the results.

Fiddynut

My doge loves to do the dance at dinner time (and breakfast) too.

Actually, my doge dances any chance she can get.

Following along to see results - just wondering if you think going with 4 x 7 gallon is better than 5 x 5 gallons. Thinking you may get better results if you get 5 good lil girls at 5 gallon pots than 4 girls at 7 gallon pots.

thanks
Welcome Sunny.
Nice to have a new friend here on icmag. We are dog lovers here and I'm glad you have a happy dog. I think dogs are one of the best parts of life and we can learn much from them. They are so spontaneous and live in the moment, never holding grudges or being dragged down by ego.

I say 5-7 gallon pots because I'm not sure exactly how much they hold. I know a 5 gal bucket fits inside them and they are slightly smaller around at the bottom than the bucket but a couple inches bigger at the top. I'm going to restock on pots as soon as the garden stores put out the spring gardening supplies. As crazy as it may sound it's hard to find gardening supplies up north where the ground is frozen all winter the stores just sell Holliday decorations and crap and don't have much for pots or supplies until early spring when people start thinking about gardening again.
I do however see what you are getting to about growing out all the girls. I think I could fit 5 plants in the tent if I have 5 lady's and you are right I shouldn't waste any. Like you said the only way to know which are the best is to grow them all out. I'm working with non fem seeds for only the second time and still developing a strategy for planting enough so that if I get 50% males I still have enough females to fill the tent. But if I get lucky and get like 6 girls and only 2 boys it will be tight. I was thinking that I'd take cuttings from all the girls and if there were one to two more than I had room for in the flower tent I'd just grow them from clone on the next run and supplement with a couple more from seed. Not sure how it's all going to work out but learning how to manage space is going to be interesting. I've learned a lot from reading threads here on icmag but have lots more to learn on this journey.

I've enjoyed going to florida a number of times. My grandparents use to have a place near Sarasota and I use to go ever spring as a kid. Always nice to get out of the frozen Midwest and feel the sun for a few days. A couple years ago I took a road trip to Sanibel island for a few days. I had a great time and really enjoined the chill environment on the northren tip of the island. My next tropical vacation will be to the keys. I'm not sure when but I'd love to cruse around key west on a scooter or one of my bikes. Sorry to hear about your injuries. I've been in a couple bad motorcycle accidents and have a lot of titanium in my ankle. It sucks to be all busted up and the doctors just want to collect their fees and keep giving out the narcotics. Many years ago the narcotic pain meds helped lead me down the path to heroin and that path sucks. Ganja was the way out of that shit for me. A puff after work and my ankle doesn't feel as bad anymore. Helps me relax and focus. But now I'm rambling.

I think your on the right track as far as container size not being the limiting factor when the pots are at least 5 gallon and there is only so much light to go around. With only 600w and keeping plant sizes comfortably smaller I think it makes sense to grow as many as possible and that gives me more variety and possible winners to pick from. I don't need a big yield and want to move through a few packs of seeds sooner rather than later.

Thanks for sharing your ideas and some of your background....Fiddy.

Fiddynut

welcome, sunnyFlI!

welcome aboard,man!
Good morning pop_rocks.
I'm thinking yield will be similar weather 2-3 bigger or 4-5 smaller plants because there is only so much light. As long as I can keep a nice canopy they should be close. But more variety and chances to find keepers with more plants so this is something to think about. The t5 in the veg tent can only support so many plants and having males in there I think 8 is a good number for that. I want to keep the young plants in big enough pots to keep them happy and not have a root bound issue again. I'm reading that the happier they are the quicker the males will show. Starting with 8 doesn't mean I'll end up with 4 lady's so there will always be some need to be flexible. This is a new part of growing for me and I'm going to have to learn how to manage space. I can already see another veg/clone/mother tent and light in my future.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
welcome brother!
i spent some good years on the gulf side of fla!

sucks about the weed situation but i think this will one day change and we will all be able to grow our own without fear
as far as the wife goes, thats tough,man
/no matter what the law says there will always be those who associate smoking a little ganja with being unproductive loser

dude that is crazy about your custom jaw bone!
like a real life jaws from moonraker!
glad you are doing better and hope nothing but the best for you
like fiddy said, thanks for sharing your story

i have some great memories from the gorilla grows days here in cali
trapsing through brush at 4a hauling everything i needed by hand
but the best feeling was at the end of it all leaving the canyons with backpacks stuffed wiht fresh weed

fiddy hit it on the head when he said, "...there is only so much light" and depending on the wattage of your bulb you are only goign to get so much penetration into the canopy
with smaller plants you can pack more in and get smaller but fuller plants
i tend to only keep the upper half to 2/3 of my plants, the rest goes into the hash pile or into mrs chickys belly!
/she loves edibles! :p

i like to veg a little longer than a cash cropper because i like large nuggets but i trim off the lower branches because they arent goign to produce the tops im looking for (lolipopped is the way i roll)
plus that lower growth is often the place where problems like mold, pests take hold

if you are on a pheno hunt then you are right that you cant substitute sheer numbers, but that is often easily accomplished by taking cuts and flowering many smaller plants
once you identify your keepers, grow those ones larger

outdoors i guess its not as big a deal as the sun will support monster palnts
but lets also consider stealth
its harder to spot smaller plants

i guess it will coem down to your expectations and style of growing as well as the set up you are working wiht

great question btw, looking fore ward to hear what other think!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Good evening pop_rocks.
That's great news about the pasta. You have inspired me to work on it. I'd love to have good pasta dialed in. It doesn't take a lot of time and is so good. A nice plate of pasta with just salt pepper fresh garlic and olive oil is wonderfully simple but soooo gooooood. I think your right about the shorter cook time maybe a couple minutes. It's been a while but sometimes I buy fresh pasta at one of the Italian markets and I remember it cooking really fast. Tossing the pasta and sauce is a great method it takes on some great flavor as it finishes cooking slightly in the pan and doesn't stick together. Sounds like you did a great job. I can't wait for a report on how those sliders turn out. I am a burger junkie and start drooling at the thought of them. Bread and (cheese?) fondue sound great. I hope we are watching the packers in a couple weeks.

I know what you mean about old pieces being like members of the family. That thing has been all over the country with me. Countless Bowles have been smoked through it. It feels so good in the hand it's like it was made for me. I've managed to hang on to one pretty old bong that a buddy gave me before moving back to great Britton in about 2001. That is the only water pipe that made it back to the Midwest with me from Oakland. Many others have been knocked over and broken but this one just doesn't break.

so we were talking about good burgers and pasta in your other thread
/for simplicity im going to start posting here

i love me a good burger too!
i am somewhat of a purest tho and thing a really good burger dosent need much more than your basic toppings and cheese
mrs chicky likes the wacky combinations with off the wall toppings, but for me a good cheese burger dosent need to be all dressed up
we ahve this place called in n out here where you can get a good honest burger with simple toppings for under $5
/with fries and drink

you are right about simple sauces for good pasta!
the first batch i made i used this jar alfredo sauce and i think it kind of overpowered the fresh noodle
mrs chicky had just tomatoes and garlic on hers and it was insane!
so fresh and so good!
im still working on the dough recipie but for the most part it seems like its 1 egg to 1c flour
some recipies i found said to add some oil to the mix
the next batch i am going to add some spinich to the eggs and see how that comes out

imagine some of that awsome sausage you make and fresh pasta!
that would be off the hook!

Fiddynut

so we were talking about good burgers and pasta in your other thread
/for simplicity im going to start posting here

i love me a good burger too!
i am somewhat of a purest tho and thing a really good burger dosent need much more than your basic toppings and cheese
mrs chicky likes the wacky combinations with off the wall toppings, but for me a good cheese burger dosent need to be all dressed up
we ahve this place called in n out here where you can get a good honest burger with simple toppings for under $5
/with fries and drink

you are right about simple sauces for good pasta!
the first batch i made i used this jar alfredo sauce and i think it kind of overpowered the fresh noodle
mrs chicky had just tomatoes and garlic on hers and it was insane!
so fresh and so good!
im still working on the dough recipie but for the most part it seems like its 1 egg to 1c flour
some recipies i found said to add some oil to the mix
the next batch i am going to add some spinich to the eggs and see how that comes out

imagine some of that awsome sausage you make and fresh pasta!
that would be off the hook!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I'm totally with you on the burgers. A great burger just stands on it's own with a slice of cheese. Some light condiments and maybe a slice of onion or avocado are great as long as you don't overdue it. My brother always insists on bacon but to be honest I think it takes away from a great burger. I love bacon and it's fine on an average burger but a great burger doesn't need it in my opinion. I got a new enameled cast iron grill pan recently that makes great burgers indoors. Grilled over charcoal is still my fave though. I love some in and out burger and wish they were in the Midwest. We do have a place called Culver's that has really good burgers for a fast food type place. They are made fresh to order and are really good.

That ratio of 1 egg to a cup flower is something I've seen a lot of in recipes. I am not a big fan of the taste of eggs and I'm on the hunt for a less eggy method. Adding spinach or herbs like basil is a great idea. I've got a few pounds of Italian fennel sausage in the freezer that my dad and I made a few weeks ago so I need to get cracking on the pasta to go with it. I should have time to experiment this weekend a bit.

As of this morning the lemon wookiee seeds have been in the soil for 48 hours and I'm hoping to see some sprouts soon. It looked like a couple were trying to pop up this morning but it may have been my imagination. I had 12/12 pop of the autos a month ago with same method so I'm hoping for the same good results. As soon as I see some up I'll do an update and take a couple pics.

Rodehazrd

Hey sunny
Glad you joined in.
I too am owned by a dog she's a bichon and were attached at the hip if I'm inside she dances on her hind legs and waves her front paws. I think all bichon do that.
On pot size I think you can absolutely grow bigger plants in bigger containers. . I find plants potted up too big don't fill the pot with roots to take advantage of the extra space . I prefer a plant to grow into the pot before switch to 12 12 then there's more support system for more buds. Some folk pot up then go right to flower. The roots seem t o run to the edge and down leaving a lot of unused soil In the middle. So my answer would be bigger pots required longer veg time to produce more bigger buds. You choose faster or fatter.
Personally I don't much care if the yield is low on a strain either if I like it.
Outdoor smaller is always best. I break the stems all over to limit vertical. Most strains just form a knot there. Some were brittle and broke off tho.
Whatever your style were glad to hear about it and learn something. Maybe share some mistakes. I have plenty of those.
Rodehazrd

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
oh man, that culvers place looks bomb
they have a really nice menu, i would try all of their sandwiches!

you could probably substitute water for egg and maybe add a little oil to give it some richness
i dont know what ratios that would be, but you can always add more flour or liquid to form your dough
i bet that sausage goes well with everything!
i would eat it with some nice potatoes or slice it thin and lay it on pizza
heck grill the sucker and serve it on some nice rolls
thats good eating!

i might have missed it, but what is the lineage of the lemon wookie?
ive always been a fan of the star wars strains, but this one is new to me

Fiddynut

oh man, that culvers place looks bomb
they have a really nice menu, i would try all of their sandwiches!

you could probably substitute water for egg and maybe add a little oil to give it some richness
i dont know what ratios that would be, but you can always add more flour or liquid to form your dough
i bet that sausage goes well with everything!
i would eat it with some nice potatoes or slice it thin and lay it on pizza
heck grill the sucker and serve it on some nice rolls
thats good eating!

i might have missed it, but what is the lineage of the lemon wookie?
ive always been a fan of the star wars strains, but this one is new to me
Yes culvers is the best quick meal going around here. And the frozen custard is bomb as well. It's like super rich ice cream with a creamer texture. They are almost as as many around as McDonald's (barf). The breaded pork sandwich rocks too.

I've found a lot of egg and flour pasta recipes and a lot of vegan pasta recipes with just water and flour. I haven't found any that have less eggs so I'll have to combine recipes and trouble shoot or maybe use egg substitute or something. Straight egg and flour are just a little bit eggy for me but just water makes some bland pasta. Egg yokes have a lot of fat so I'd be adding some oil as well. The problem with oil is it lubricates the gluten and changes the texture so I'll have to play around with ratios a bit. I've herd of using buttermilk or something like that to get a similar consistency to the egg noodles.
The sausage is nice and mild and can be used for a lot of things. One of my faves is to take a pork loin and fillet it so it's a flat sheet of meat. Then I take some sopressata or salami and layer it on. Then I take some of the sausage and layer it on. Finally I put some mozzarella cheese in the middle and role it up and tie with string. Bake in oven or on smoker and you have a great roast with lots of flavor. It's called a Capone roast and it's really good.

Lemon wookie is lemon diesel x wookie. The lemon diesel is the Eugene, OR cut and wookie is Lavender x Appalachia. Apparently the wookie really amps up the terps and the trichomes. I've herd nothing but good things about this strain and the breeder so my expectations are high. Bodhi has been using the wookie male with a lot of success. We will see if I have as much success with the cross.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
oh man,that sounds good!

both the custard and the lemon wookie
i wish they had this culvers place here in ca, i like their variety and would have to try everything at least once
in the inland empire, there was this place called yellow basket that had an extensive menu like culvers
they had los of your typical fast food stuff, like burgers /chicken stuff, but also served bomb deli type sandwiches and had one of the ebst breakfast burittos

yeah makeing noodles from straight water would be kind of bland and might not give you the right texture
maybe try chicken broth and some oil, but like you said, you will have to work out the ratios

that pork thing sounds like this beef "roll" i get at one of the german butcher/ resturants by where i work
its flat beef steak with pickles, onions, and maybe olives(??) rolled up in it
i made one at home one day and it came out super good

so are you still covered in snow?
we have been having monsunal type rains here in so cal for the past week
its been crazy how hard its been coming down but now that im at home im really digging it!
great excuse to stay inside and light up

hope your weekend is off to a great start!

Rodehazrd

Oh those meat rolls sound good, big improvement on a london broil, I will have to try something like that. our kids just butchered a hog so sausage is in. He was acorn fed so should be some good meals coming up. I love pork way more than it likes me so slipping some flavor in a nice lean piece of beef sounds great to me and my gut.
Pop I feel for you and all the rain we have had 8 days of rain or at the least a drizzle. Im not calling for the deep freeze again but Sun would be nice. I think my Joke Synapse is starting to mould and get fuzzy.
We put a new batch of headband in the flower room along with some Bangi Haze. its ten weeks out from the full moon so we may harvest on a big moon for once. I never did get the bangi to thrive so I moved it along still got some more beans for summer if we just love it and two of the three clones made it. made room for my new 818 phenos. I plan to veg them 6 weeks in the 3 gal pots they just moved into, then give them two weeks in 7 gal pots before going 12 12.
I gave them all a little calcium nitrate and sugar water spray to get a little boost. Flowering room will get some seaweed spray next week. I still cant grok the desert diesel its gone cra-cra. grew so big so fast i had to move it to flower 5 weeks ago, the 818 and bangi not ready to go there yet. I hope we like it. amherst dieselXafgan diesel,

Fiddy if you ever go foliar you'll never go back,
sorry bout the Packers they had a good run to get that far.

puffin and passin
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

oh man,that sounds good!

both the custard and the lemon wookie
i wish they had this culvers place here in ca, i like their variety and would have to try everything at least once
in the inland empire, there was this place called yellow basket that had an extensive menu like culvers
they had los of your typical fast food stuff, like burgers /chicken stuff, but also served bomb deli type sandwiches and had one of the ebst breakfast burittos

yeah makeing noodles from straight water would be kind of bland and might not give you the right texture
maybe try chicken broth and some oil, but like you said, you will have to work out the ratios

that pork thing sounds like this beef "roll" i get at one of the german butcher/ resturants by where i work
its flat beef steak with pickles, onions, and maybe olives(??) rolled up in it
i made one at home one day and it came out super good

so are you still covered in snow?
we have been having monsunal type rains here in so cal for the past week
its been crazy how hard its been coming down but now that im at home im really digging it!
great excuse to stay inside and light up

hope your weekend is off to a great start!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
There are 25 culvers in Arizona but none in California yet but I doubt you will have to wait very long. They started here in Wisconsin and have been slowly working their was across country. The yellow basket sounds good. Not often you can get good hot sandwiches and cold ones at the same place. I had to look up inland empire as I'd never herd that before.

I've had beef roles like the one you describe before but haven't seen them in a long time. Gives me an idea for something I'd like to do with green olives and beef sometime. I've been too lazy to do a lot of cooking this weekend but did get to the Mexican grocery store and got a bunch of skirt steak for tacos yesterday. Kept it simple with steak onion avocado and sour cream. Also got some pork going to try tonight.

We are having strange weather this year for sure. We had record cold in late November and early December. We had a couple feet of snow but it all melted as we have had above avrage temps for a couple weeks now. This is the time of year we usually get cold spells where it stays below 0 for days but it's in the 40's and lots of rain. It's been nice enough to get some motorcycling done so I'm good with it. Also it's kept my humidity in good shape at 40-45% for the last couple weeks. Sounds like some serious rain you are having. I remember driving from Oakland to Tahoe one in some of the hardest rain I'd ever experienced and so much wind that it was blowing my truck and I was hydroplaning all over the place. Like you say it's nice to stay home and take it easy and have a nice smoke from time to time.

I hope you had a good weekend. Looks like we won't be watching the packers in the Super Bowl but they ended up having a much better season that it looked like they were going to. Atlanta was in a whole other class Sunday and they look to be on a role. With football almost over it's time to start looking forward to spring and I can't wait.

Fiddynut

Oh those meat rolls sound good, big improvement on a london broil, I will have to try something like that. our kids just butchered a hog so sausage is in. He was acorn fed so should be some good meals coming up. I love pork way more than it likes me so slipping some flavor in a nice lean piece of beef sounds great to me and my gut.
Pop I feel for you and all the rain we have had 8 days of rain or at the least a drizzle. Im not calling for the deep freeze again but Sun would be nice. I think my Joke Synapse is starting to mould and get fuzzy.
We put a new batch of headband in the flower room along with some Bangi Haze. its ten weeks out from the full moon so we may harvest on a big moon for once. I never did get the bangi to thrive so I moved it along still got some more beans for summer if we just love it and two of the three clones made it. made room for my new 818 phenos. I plan to veg them 6 weeks in the 3 gal pots they just moved into, then give them two weeks in 7 gal pots before going 12 12.
I gave them all a little calcium nitrate and sugar water spray to get a little boost. Flowering room will get some seaweed spray next week. I still cant grok the desert diesel its gone cra-cra. grew so big so fast i had to move it to flower 5 weeks ago, the 818 and bangi not ready to go there yet. I hope we like it. amherst dieselXafgan diesel,

Fiddy if you ever go foliar you'll never go back,
sorry bout the Packers they had a good run to get that far.

puffin and passin
Rodehazrd
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
The beef roles I think pop_rocks is referring to is called beef rouladen. I haven't seen it in a while and just remembered the name now. Just did a quick google search and looks like there are plenty of recipes out there. Very German dish. Fresh pork must be amazing. I don't know a lot about it but I've herd that the breed of pig makes a big difference in the meat. Some of the heirloom varieties are more marbled with fat and stay juicier when cooked. Some nice sausage made with trimmings sounds great.
I think we could all use a sunny day or two. Cloudy and lots of rain for over a week here too. I don't mind the mild temps but I was starting to get use to winter and now it feels like early spring.
Sounds like you have a lot of good going in your garden. Good luck finding some 818 pheno's. With spring on the way I should be able to find the rock powders and more ingredients for gardening once again. Also will be experimenting with foliar feeding soon. I've got 8 lemon wookiee sprouted and they will get a little foliar feed once I find a good product. I'm a big baby about trying new things sometimes but I'm defiantly going to give it a shot.

Fiddynut

Quick update

Quick update

I'm happy to report that all 8 LW's are up and standing. They all came up within 12 hours of each other. There were just a couple trying to poke up at the 60 hour mark and all were up by the 72 hour since planted. They just got there first watering today and are so cute.
Here are a couple pics.

Things will be kind of slow for a couple more weeks until these baby's get some leaves and start feeding off the light. Temps and humidity are good and I'd like to get these plants into bigger pots within a couple weeks. That's about it for now.
Thanks for checking out this grow...Fiddy.

Latest posts

Latest posts