What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kingbrite W55 Bar Light Test

ledtime

Hey All!

Last year I set on a mission to find a light that will really shine in a 4x4 area without having to set my wallet on fire. There is no question that the Chilled, Gavita, & Fluence lights fit the bill. But they are all about $1k+ each.

I learned a lot from our DIY'ers here and they have made some cool lights. Through them I learned of Kingbrite on Alibaba. They have a 600W - 5 Bar - LED light here: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.wholesale.deiletai6.4.163ace85lHj0jx

I purchased this light. I ran a grow through with it and yielded 30oz from my 4x4 even with a light leak and two hermie plants. Done in coco with a DTW system using Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect.

Yesterday I finally received my Apogee SQ-520 quantum sensor so that I could really test this baby out. Here is my PPFD map for the light. I only did the measurement to keep the PPFD at 1k or under as I don't supplement with CO2. I'm pretty amazed with it. Running it at 600W at 14" from the canopy, these are it's measurements:

Can I get a high five? That's an amazing PPFD map for a light that is $600 delivered to your door. Customer service from Vivi at Kingbrite has been amazing.

I see a ton of questions about lights, but nobody has really reviewed their bar lights. I'm very impressed. Great quality finned heat sinks, Meanwell driver. Samsung LM301H diodes (top bin) and Cree 660nm red diodes.

Questions welcomed if you have any. Just thought I would share.

susantidad

hi,

I use Kingbrite cobs since 2017 and works amazing.. also super customer service everytime

Recently I bougth some Qbars 3000k uv/reds and after two weeks using them seems legit too.

In my experience is easy get more than g/w with this ligth setups:jump:

regards.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i'm looking at their 240's - i'm figuring '2' of em should be enough for my 4x3.5tent - and i'm hoping that the delivered price will be well under 600bucks, and thinking that '2' smaller units mite give me a better light distribution....

i'm using '2' 315 cmh's , and the room gets way toooo hot... even in the winter

ledtime

i'm looking at their 240's - i'm figuring '2' of em should be enough for my 4x3.5tent - and i'm hoping that the delivered price will be well under 600bucks, and thinking that '2' smaller units mite give me a better light distribution....

You are referring to their quantum board light at 240W? I have no experience with their version. I would think you would want two of those though as the light distribution to the edges suffers on those panels. That's why I went with the bar light. I get full coverage and it's still strong in the corners. Those QB lights fall off the cliff at the edges with regards to PPFD.

ledtime

Also, if at all possible you should vent the tent outside the room. I vent mine into the attic. Before doing that my temps were higher. Now my tent temp is usually within a degree or two of my room ambient temp.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Also, if at all possible you should vent the tent outside the room. I vent mine into the attic. Before doing that my temps were higher. Now my tent temp is usually within a degree or two of my room ambient temp.

i have a window open about 4'', a fan blowing from the window into the tent, a fan sucking out aire from the top, and another fan blowing in from the front, as i keep the front panel always open as there r no lite leaks - its the cmh's - they don't produce the heat of a hps, but they do throw out a shitload- hence the move to led's...

ledtime

i have a window open about 4'', a fan blowing from the window into the tent, a fan sucking out aire from the top, and another fan blowing in from the front, as i keep the front panel always open as there r no lite leaks - its the cmh's - they don't produce the heat of a hps, but they do throw out a shitload- hence the move to led's...

I remember those days. LED's still make heat. It's important to know that you actually want to run a hotter tent with LED. The leaf tempeture under HID lighting is higher than LED due to the IR that the HID puts out. Plants are more happy at 84 degrees under LED whereas you would want to be at 78 for HID.

Things to consider as you plan your grow environment. :)

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
yep ... i hear ya ... if i could control the temp, i'd get this - 198 bucks plus shipping, 1000w of cmh....wow..

1000W Double Ended Grow Light Kit
1x 1000W CMH Dimmable ballast (Model:EB-GCMH-1000R)
1x Double Ended Grow Light Reflector (Model:RF-K630-W)
1x 1000W CMH Bulb (Model:DE-1000W/930)
1000W Double Ended Grow Light Kit
1x 1000W CMH ballast (Model:EB-GCMH-1000N)
1x Double Ended Grow Light Reflector (Model:RF-K630-S)
1x 1000W CMH Bulb (Model:DE-1000W/930)
1x Heavy Duty Hanger (Model:EB-H150)
Non-Dimmable.
Reflector:
Size:452x239x125 mm.
Material:Imported ALANOD® aluminum reflector.Light reflection ?95%.
Mounting plate: 1.5mm Galvanized sheet with white powder coating.
Power cord: 16AWG/3C STW 105 ? 600V, with 3Pin Plug, L=18 Inch.
K12x30s lamp holder,6KV.
Suitable for Double ended Type CMH 630W/1000W or HPS
600W/1000W horticulture lamps.
Packaging Weight: 12.5 Kg
Main Specification
Type: 1000W Double Ended Ceramic Lamp
Wattage: 1000W
Lamp Operating Voltage: 220V
Packaging Weight: 1.3 Kg
GLK-1000R $198.0 $193.0
Trade Terms:
1. Price Term: Ex-Factory, Guangzhou, China
2. Payment Term: T/T, L/C, Paypal or West Union
3. Sample Term: Available after customers pay the charges of sample & freight fees
4. Warranty Period: 2 years
( )
1x Heavy Duty Hanger (Model:EB-H150)

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
I bought the cobs for my led build from kingbrite, cool to see they're making their own lights now!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
led.... i think i'm going along with u.. heres the quote i got from viv - just a bit high then yours

600W quantum bar LM301H +CREE XP-E2 660NM UV IR : $519.0usd/set Shipping cost for 1 unit: $128.0usd by fedex or ups, about 7-10 days to USA Total cost is $647.0usd

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
led.... i think i'm going along with u.. heres the quote i got from viv - just a bit high then yours

600W quantum bar LM301H +CREE XP-E2 660NM UV IR : $519.0usd/set Shipping cost for 1 unit: $128.0usd by fedex or ups, about 7-10 days to USA Total cost is $647.0usd

600w light. Should get you to 450w a meter. A fair goal.
3 of the 240s would cost roughly the same. While 2 of them wouldn't really satisfy me at about 375w a meter. Still alright though.

Them 240s are little over $100 in white, $120 with 660s but do jump a bit with the Osram branded 660s in them. It's that final step that I couldn't bring myself to make. It's certainly better to have the osram reds, but the price gap is huge beside the performance gap. Postage is about $40 a piece. So you could actually cut all the corners and have a spend little over $300 with 660s in there.

$650 it is then? :)

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
yeah i'm prob going in this direction - as prob most guys, i have a shitload of lites - 2 1000w hps/mh, 3 315 cmh's, and 7 'cheap' led's...
i'm been trying to use the combo of 2 cmh's and then scatter 4-5 led's in the 4x3.5 tent, but shut down the led's as the heat is tooooo high..
unfort i only have 1 small space to grow...

ledtime

Yeah, the QB lights are nice but I am not happy with their footprint. The edges drop off too much and it's too strong in the center. That's why I opted for a bar style light over the quantum board. I'm a scrog guy so I want as even a light distribution as I can get to the entire canopy. Their bar light does it extremely well.

I dont have UV diodes either. You should only be using UV a few weeks during flower. On walmart.com there is an 18W reptile bulb that buts out perfect UVB/UVA for this time. 29 bucks. 2ft T8 bulb. It's s waste of space on your QB. I'd rather have more white diodes than UV.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The efficiency and price of the right UV led's would make you cry. This is why reptile and fish people don't use leds for UV. It's only medical professionals treating skin disorders. As a guide I was offered 100mW leds iirc and they were £300 each. Yes you heard me, on a reel not individual. Time to sell the car if you want UV.

I'm not sure what you will find in our lights. Something totally useless because people keep asking I imagine. The reptiglo cfl is about 14% efficient in the right bands. Watch for polished reflectors as it's logical but ineffective for UV. Paint them white.

Edit:
LEUVA66G00KF00 126°, 10mW @ 100mA & 7.5V £50

LEUVA66H00KU00 120°, 70mW @ 350mA & 7.5V £125

LEUVA77N50KU00 120°, 300mW @ 350mA & 30V £250

Plus VAT and P&P

I guess I had a knee jerk reaction and cut my project short. Looking again, that's a 10w led at the top for £300 (I rounded the prices to hide my invoice from prying eyes) and it's 3% efficient.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
For uv sub i have a migro uvb 310 fluorescens tube. Have not tested but should be 18w 75% uvb 25% uva with peak at 310nm

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
y'all need to look into bava and geeklight. better products than KB it looks like, with familiar pricing.

Quick look at geeklight has the 630w bar light using the 301 and osram reds with meanwell reduced to $1100 while we are getting it delivered from KB for $650

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
my only reservation about the bar lites is that i normally grow various strains, and keeping them at an equal height has been really tough

at the moment i have one of my cmh's at about 5ft, from the floor , and the other about 6 1/2 ft-

the idea of having 1 bar lite over the entire tent, cutting down on elect and espec heat is very enticing ...

Latest posts

Latest posts