What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C99 and Afghaan 90 - 90's Nostalgia Nugs...

Brother Nature

Day 29

Day 29

Week 4 is up. Things are swinging along very well, things are frosting up and starting to get chunk on each plant. The c99 is smelling like a sweet citrusy pineapple and frosting up well, the Afghaan 90's are both very different but looking pretty good now, first one is still very herbal with some fruitiness creeping in, the buds are stacking well on her now, quite leafy, but still happy with her. Number 2 is getting pretty dense, think she'll be a big producer, smell is earthy and hashy. The gg4 x sfv is weird, she's putting up a good amount of resin, but there's almost no smell to her, it's strange. On to the pics...

Whole tent top shot:
picture.php

Whole tent side shot:
picture.php

Afghaan 90 1:
picture.php

Afghaan 90 2:
picture.php

c99:
picture.php

Brother Nature

Day 40

Day 40

At day 40 now. Will do multiple posts with each plant in each post from now on.

First off, the gg4 x SFV. Definitely the bulkiest plant this run, still not much smell, good frost, thick buds.

Top down shot:
picture.php

Close up bud shot - Day 40 flower:
picture.php

Brother Nature

Afghaan 90 #2:

She's starting to look like the one in the first photo on RSC's website. Smell is very hashy and earthy, with a bit of fermented fruit smell developing. Looks to be a decent and relatively quick producer. This was the one that developed fasciation on one of the tops.

Top down shot:
picture.php

Close Up shot - Day 40 flower:
picture.php

Brother Nature

Afghaan 90 #1:

This plant is somewhat surprising. Started off relatively slow and un-promising, but now is the most exciting of the bunch. Still has the herbal/rosemary smell, but has developed a greasy diesely smell in flower, it's really nice. She is also really greasy to the touch. Pretty cool to have two Afghaan phenos.

Afghaan 90 #1 top down shot:
picture.php

Afghaan 90 #1 top down bud shot - Day 40:
picture.php

Afghaan 90 #1 side bud shot - Day 40:
picture.php

Afgfhaan 90 #1 top shot again:
picture.php

Brother Nature

c99:

Didn't really do this plant justice this round, none the less she's looking pretty good. She was a bit more finicky and more sensitive to the environment than the other plants. Smell is straight pineapple candy, over powers everything else in the room. Nugs look to be pretty solid, but not as large as the other plants, good resin coverage.

c99 top down shot - Day 40:
picture.php

c99 side shot - Day 40:
picture.php

c99 top shot close up - Day 40:
picture.php

Mr. Stinky

Looking great. I have A90 in the veg room, headed to flower next week after cuts root. Seed run.

Looks like your only a couple weeks from a smoke test! :D

superx

Veteran
Those ladies are finishing up really nice,

Nice description on the Afgan 90 as I snagged several packets recently.
They sound so old school.

Happy growing and best wishes.

Brother Nature

Thanks guys, can't wait for a smoke test. :D The Afghans are pretty much like the description at RSC, 2 different phenos, one more thin leaveds and the other more squat and indica, can't wait to see how they differ in smoke. Looks like Afghaan 2 will be ready at 8 weeks the Afghaan 1 I'll probably take at weeks 9 - 10. The c99 looks like she could be done at around week 7, 75% of the trichs are cloudy at the moment. Best of luck with your guys' A90s.

Brother Nature

Day 52

Day 52

Been pretty busy around here, here's to 2021 being better than 2020. :friends: Nearly done on the c99, will probably take her to day 56. The rest should be going 60+, might take the Afghaan 90 #2 at a little after week 8, not sure how much longer she's gonna take as she looks done from the outside, but still has lots of clear trichs so hopefully they fill in soonish. Anyhow, on to the pics :D

Brother Nature

c99 - Day 52

c99 - Day 52

The best first :D. Have already taken two of her branches at day 50. Just to test harvest dates. ;) She reeks of sugary pineapple candy, overpowers everything in the vicinity. Has very nice thick large calyx'd buds. If I'd dialed in the environment better I think I'd have gotten a better yield, but there''s always next time.

Plant shot (minus the two branches) Day 52:
picture.php

c99 Day 52 top Shot:
picture.php

Brother Nature

Afghaan 90 Pheno 2 - Day 52

Afghaan 90 Pheno 2 - Day 52

I'm really liking both these Afghans. This one grows large buds all up the branches, good internodal spacing, slightly more airy buds than the other plants, but not enough to complain. She's got a slight burnt rubber, fermented fruit, and hash smell, hope to bring that out more in the clone run. looks like she'll be ready between week 8-9.

Afghaan 90 #2 plant shot - Day 52:
picture.php

Close up shot - Day 52:
picture.php

Brother Nature

gg4 x SFV - Day 52

gg4 x SFV - Day 52

Wasn't expecting much from this plant, but I'm actually pretty happy with her. A very good producer, fills the internodal space well, good thick buds, I'd say left un-topped I could be getting fist sized nugs off her. Dried a couple samples for new years smoke and was very impressed, was pretty strong (for early bud), and has quite a nice kushy taste. The smell on her is subtle, but if i were a commercial gardener, this would definitely be a strain kept in the stable.

gg4 x SFV plant shot - Day 52:
picture.php

Close up shot (nice trichome coverage) - Day 52:
picture.php

Brother Nature

Afghaan 90 Pheno 1 - Day 52

Afghaan 90 Pheno 1 - Day 52

And the most interesting for last. This one's looking pretty cool, thick, greasy, and funky smelling. She's looking to be a longer flowering Afghan, but with the smells developing and the look of the buds, I'm in no rush. Has a thick diesly/oily smell, looks to be a bit leafy, but the leaves are also greasy and covered in resin, looks like a great hash plant.

Afghaan 90 #1 - Day 52:
picture.php

Top down shot - Day 52:
picture.php

Top shot - Day 52:
picture.php

Brother Nature

c99 The Final Product

c99 The Final Product

Have had a pretty crazy start to the year, just super busy, but it's time for another update. I've pulled all the c99 at day 54-55, she's all dried up, trimmed and jarred now. Pulled the Afghaan 90 #2 and gg4 x SFV kush at days 58-59. The first Afghaan 90 is still in the tent, probably take her to week 10. Smoke report for the c99 below.

Brother Nature

c99 - Kwik Seeds

c99 - Kwik Seeds

Yield for plant: 72g, roughly 2.5 oz, not bad considering I didn't veg for that long. I reckon she could be a good yielder with a decent veg and lst. The bud structure is dense so that helps.

Smell: Sweet Pineapple Candy, very strong, open the jar and it immediately fills the room.

Taste: Pretty much as she smells with a bit more of a citrus bite. Almost Pina Colada on the exhale.

High: Very cerebral and focused. Physically and mentally relaxing, great for anxiety and tension, but mostly felt in the head. Very much get shit done weed. Once you decide to do something you focus in on it and once done you want to move to the next 'project'. Smoke too much though and all you'll want to focus on is the TV. Has a a ceiling, but takes a bit of indulging to get there. Not very munchy inducing.

Music: Makes me really into guitar/classic rock and the blues. Been jamming Hendrix, SRV, ZZ top, and CCR this morning while having my wake and bake and coffee.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts