What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Sampas92

Just newbin
image_2027817.jpg
Cliped some leafs covering the bottom buds, they are not fluffy they are hard since they were receiving direct light, but now is stronger for the last days
now she smells a bit different, the berrys are a bit lower and i can pick a bit of diesel i think, at least the smell reminds me of diesel in my head, but smells lovely and she smelled really loud in the last hour after flushing
20210312_192758.jpg

Sampas92

Just newbin
Day 67 for my auto amnesia and se went dark.
so what i mean is, i was seing an amber trich here and there, so she is now in darkness and will remain like that for 48 hours, her and my older girl that was still in the pot, they are both togheter in the smaller cab, proper environment and pitch black
Today before the dark cab
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

see you my loves in 2 days

Iv check my girls looking for something bad like mold or pm since the last 2 days rh was 60% average do you guys see anything reagarding mold in this pic?

i ask cause of this, is the only bud like this, and is the main top, the pic is not the better i know, sorry

I smelled her and didnt scent anything bad or different from her smell..i looked with the lupe and my mobile camera and it didnt look like mold, but i couldnt figure it out if the redish spots are a combination of purple in the leafs and some amber trichs, or trichs turning kinda purple(?) some look like purplish, do you see that pink spot in the middle of the whites in the bottom left side of the pic?i dont think before they go amber they become purplish?
or is in mold?
any opinions guys?

Regarding my skunk, since she have more space for her, i transplanted her to my 15l aero pot with all mix from biobizz..the old pot was not fully rooted but they were healthy, i think im going to veg her for a week or two dunno still
I aslo removed the extra lights i added earlier. Im thinking on building a better bigger rig with the 13w and the 9w, still dunno, need to think about it

i added the layer of perlite because it will save me in waterings, also with spring coming, i think it can help with gnats, also it looks good kkkkk
20210313_162047.jpg
20210313_162053.jpg

Peace :tiphat:

gizmo666

well i gotta say
you cant really call yourself a newbie anymore
dam thats a successful grow if i've seen one
well done hope you reap and enjoy the rewards sampas

Sampas92

Just newbin
well i gotta say
you cant really call yourself a newbie anymore
dam thats a successful grow if i've seen one
well done hope you reap and enjoy the rewards sampas

Thanks for the kind words gizmo666 :thank you:
But may i correct you, im still a newb, i just lost virginity :D

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi guys.
today i decided to play with my skunk, also i like doing this and i can learn to predict to where she is going to grow, she have 13 tops now, i dunno if i will remove any in the future.
want to try to keep everything homogeneous and directly under the lights the most that i can and since i dont properly know what im doing, lets see how it goes
20210314_161204.jpg
20210314_161240.jpg

I took a sneak peek in the dark cab where my harvesting girls are to check on environment parameters and everything seems on point 20/21c and 45%rh, could be lower but i cant. Didnt look at them, so i dunno if my doubts regarding the mold are right or not, tomorrow i will see and in the meantime i need to decide where to dry the herbs. In a cold dark not rh controlable, or in my bigger cab, being cool, rh controlable but with a tiny bit of light from the lower level of my skunk, any opinions guys?

Sampas92

Just newbin
She looks happy for now. Tomorrow she will get a foliar with neem and aloe..
​ ​​​​​​peace :tiphat:

Caio

Hi guys.
today i decided to play with my skunk, also i like doing this and i can learn to predict to where she is going to grow, she have 13 tops now, i dunno if i will remove any in the future.
want to try to keep everything homogeneous and directly under the lights the most that i can and since i dont properly know what im doing, lets see how it goes

I took a sneak peek in the dark cab where my harvesting girls are to check on environment parameters and everything seems on point 20/21c and 45%rh, could be lower but i cant. Didnt look at them, so i dunno if my doubts regarding the mold are right or not, tomorrow i will see and in the meantime i need to decide where to dry the herbs. In a cold dark not rh controlable, or in my bigger cab, being cool, rh controlable but with a tiny bit of light from the lower level of my skunk, any opinions guys?

You can dry in the grow room...slow dry is better for aroma/flavour. Light doesn't matter.
:yay:i'm happy for you Sampas92!!!
Very clean grow!!!!
Don't forget the smoke report!

Your skunk is awesome!

Sampas92

Just newbin
So today was the day, my auto blue amnesia xxl from dianfem and my auto skittlez from advance seeds went down.
i spent 1 hour trimming my amnesia, slowly, just the biggest fan leafs and those small sugar leafs, i just leave the one finger sugar leafs to trim after drying. I trimmed in the pot, to see the difference with and without leafs and to see certain details that i could pick up. No signs of mold or pm anywhere :D
20210315_175454.jpg
20210315_191913.jpg
20210315_191908.jpg
20210315_191926.jpg
20210315_191939.jpg
20210315_183616.jpg
20210315_185404.jpg

my zkittles i trimmed branch by branch, and in a hurry kkkk
20210315_195249.jpg
skittlez roots, i forgot to take a pic from the amnesia but they were good too
20210315_195728.jpg

I straped some wire in the upper part of the cab and my cloner is in the smaller cab now. Also the probe that controlls the environment inside the cab is with the buds temps regulated to 20~22c and rh 70% and will lower it at the time passes, im going to dry for 2 or 3 weeks, a slow controlled dry, there is plenty air movement in that zone because of the exctrat so i think it will be fine
the amnesia is in the front the zkittles are in the back
20210315_204000.jpg
20210315_203951.jpg
they take just a tiny bit of light from the sides, i think it will not matter much..

the branches that are drying at most time in the other places have the leafs dryed but the stem doesnt snap yet, and i feel the buds pretty humid, loud smell of clorophyl, hay, deffiently that smell of vegetation, its gonna be difficult to trim all those tiny leafs sticking to the buds kkkkk

Caio regarding smoke report i need to wait but my amnesia screams a sweet diesely creamy fresh smell of berrys and fruits, my mouthbis watering really :D

this harvest is dedicated to every single one of you that directly or indirectly contributed to my first grow and harvest, from the bottom of my heart, thank you :thank you:

PCBuds

Thank you guys :thank you: :D you cant imagine how happy i am :D

buds get a farret instead :D

Yeah, that may work.

Do they just defecate everywhere like a squirrel?

I had a baby squirrel run up my leg looking for a new parent.

(I was smoking a joint behind the church parking lot, when I was skateboarding. It ran across a huge parking lot and right up my leg. It was kinda cool.)

I brought it home and my cat was fine with it, but the damn squirrel would shit and piss everywhere.

I want a pet that uses the facilities.
I want to just let them run around. Lol

Sampas92

Just newbin
Yeah, that may work.

Do they just defecate everywhere like a squirrel?

I had a baby squirrel run up my leg looking for a new parent.

(I was smoking a joint behind the church parking lot, when I was skateboarding. It ran across a huge parking lot and right up my leg. It was kinda cool.)

I brought it home and my cat was fine with it, but the damn squirrel would shit and piss everywhere.

I want a pet that uses the facilities.
I want to just let them run around. Lol

Get another cat then :D

Sampas92

Just newbin
So i ran up a problem with the way i was drying them in the bigger cab..
since it is 2 different levels, the ammount of humidity in the lower level to achieve what i want in the upper one was ridiculous, my skunk was all wet and its a no no
20210315_224649.jpg
so i switch the buds and the humidifier and the controller probe to the smaller cab, 20c 70 rh everything seems fine, tomorrow i will check on them to see if they are not wet or something bad like that
20210315_231741.jpg

Then i sprayed the skunk with her weekly dose of neem and aloe
20210315_232304.jpg

Peace:tiphat:

PCBuds

... tomorrow i will check on them to see if they are not wet or something bad like that:

When I got spider mites and mold, it seemed to happen in one day.

I didn't pay as much attention as you are though, and you may catch something sooner.

I'm glad that I don't have to use neem.
It keeps things simpler, and some people are allergic to it.

You should be able to find some local soil mites.
Mine aren't anything special but my grow seems to be naturally free of mold, gnats, and spider mites.

Sampas92

Just newbin
When I got spider mites and mold, it seemed to happen in one day.

I didn't pay as much attention as you are though, and you may catch something sooner.

I'm glad that I don't have to use neem.
It keeps things simpler, and some people are allergic to it.

You should be able to find some local soil mites.
Mine aren't anything special but my grow seems to be naturally free of mold, gnats, and spider mites.

Iv been searching for somethings in spannish sites and i find some good things, nematodes, etc etc, it will be handy if i need some things..
i just neem as a preventive measure since we are entering spring, im going to buy karanja too, it more or less the same as neem, its good to variate, im thinking on one week use neem and the other karanja and keep up like that..i want to find yuka to emulsifie the oils but i havent find it yet.

I think the dryer is working quite good, i went to check it earlier, temps are 17c rh 70% the buds were not wet and there is a bunch of ventilation from the intake at the top so i think im good regarding mold :D

PCBuds

I don't know if you can pretreat your soil with nematodes and how long they live?, and soil mites eat nematodes.

I will pm Hookahhead and see if he can help. He is a biologist.

You should be able to get or "grow" your own local soil mites. Mine came with sheep manure compost.

He speaks Spanish too I believe?

Sampas92

Just newbin
I don't know if you can pretreat your soil with nematodes and how long they live?, and soil mites eat nematodes.

I will pm Hookahhead and see if he can help. He is a biologist.

You should be able to get or "grow" your own local soil mites. Mine came with sheep manure compost.

He speaks Spanish too I believe?

I talked nematodes for gnats only, and not as a prevention, my prevention from gnats and others bugs is my neem, perlite on top and bottom of the pot, and the pantyhose in the air intake..i think that nematodes dont last long since they wouldnt have anything to eat to survive

I saw nematodes and other things on spanish websites cause i was looking for bone meal and blood meal etc since those are illegal in my country but even outside of it ita a bit hard and what i find is nothing comparable to what you guys have there in terms of ammount/price ratio thats why i have been reading on guanokalong powder nutes

PCBuds

I talked nematodes for gnats only, and not as a prevention, my prevention from gnats and others bugs is my neem, perlite on top and bottom of the pot, and the pantyhose in the air intake..i think that nematodes dont last long since they wouldnt have anything to eat to survive

I'm talking about soil mites that protect my soil from fungus gnat larvae as a prevention.

They are always there and have been for more than 5 years.

I got them by accident with my sheep manure. (I think?)

I saw nematodes and other things on spanish websites cause i was looking for bone meal and blood meal etc since those are illegal in my country but even outside of it ita a bit hard and what i find is nothing comparable to what you guys have there in terms of ammount/price ratio thats why i have been reading on guanokalong powder nutes

Blood and bone meal can introduce foreign bugs, viruses, and pathogens to other parts of the world.

You should be able to find and or "grow" your own soil mites from your local environment.

All natural, cheap as dirt, protect the environment, and they live forever, once they're established in your cheap and easy grow media.

I just leave my fine roots behind as a food source for them so they don't starve to death.
But they LOVE meat.

Send me your fungus gnats !!

My mites are hungry !! Lol

PCBuds

I used to eat blood sausage and head cheese when I was a kid.

I liked it until I found out what it was.

It's almost impossible to find now.

Blood and brains can transmit disease.

They were feeding ground up cow parts to cattle until they realized that they were spreading mad cow disease. AKA lou gehrig's disease in humans.

Diseases can jump species..
Brain Wasting Disease.

Latest posts

Latest posts