What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone running Athena????

JetLife175

Veteran
I’m on my second run with the full blended Athena line in a production setting. Still not completely sold but I’m already happy with the quality thus far. Anyone care to share their experience if you’ve tried it?

JetLife175

Veteran
I went with the blended line as I’m familiar with this type. Next I’ll introduce the salt version of their line. I’m not paying for shipping and I get 35% off with my specific account for my facility at our hydro shop in town (the upside to legalization).

I wasn’t asking about salts or anything mentioned. I don’t think it’s pricey at all. 1200 bucks can veg and flower out 6k plants? That’s a no brainer in my opinion.

JetLife175

Veteran
I don't see how they are any different from Cultured Solutions or Cleangrow. You might as well just use a powder like Jack's so you're not paying to ship water.

I’m gonna look into cleangrow. Been hearing a lot of things from people I trust about them.

JJ Lowe

You can do that same 6k run with 150$ worth of jacks, and have enough to do a second full run as well. to each is own though..
they are the same product.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Heard good results from it on ig, know jungle boys is running it now. Wonder how it compares price/quality to veg bloom and jacks...

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Athena is the least ethical company I’ve done business with in two decades. Seriously y’all can do a lot better.

Biologist

Athena is the least ethical company I’ve done business with in two decades. Seriously y’all can do a lot better.

Can you go into detail a little more so we know more? I've been trying to clone their Pro Line mix but I won't bother if it isn't any good or I have fallen for the hype.

Also if anyone has any of their Pro Core and Bloom they can send me (<10g of each needed) I'd be glad to share the analysis of it with you. I hate to spend hundreds of dollars buying 25 lbs of each product just so I can have it analyzed. I suspect the numbers on their label aren't right. Labels just have to list the minimum amounts and I'm getting something like 40 ppm Mg for it in Hydrobuddy, which seems low.

Last edited:

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Curious as to the details as well. I'm currently running the Athena pro line and am on my 3rd cycle with it. Quality has been great but you have to give it a little longer flush for clean taste.

Biologist

How much longer are you flushing? The feed schedule looks like it says 1/2 strength for a week and then water the last week?

$am

Can you go into detail a little more so we know more? I've been trying to clone their Pro Line mix but I won't bother if it isn't any good or I have fallen for the hype.

Also if anyone has any of their Pro Core and Bloom they can send me (<10g of each needed) I'd be glad to share the analysis of it with you. I hate to spend hundreds of dollars buying 25 lbs of each product just so I can have it analyzed. I suspect the numbers on their label aren't right. Labels just have to list the minimum amounts and I'm getting something like 40 ppm Mg for it in Hydrobuddy, which seems low.

Hey Biologist, did you end up cloning that Athena Pro or are you just going to run it first since you bought some? Would you be willing to share the analysis if you did?

Biologist

$am

Yes I did a run with it. Results were great. More color, smell, and frost compared to the previous run with Jacks 321. I had buds from the previous run to compare side by side to and it wasn't a subtle improvement. Clones of the same strain both times. Purples everywhere and frost and the smell was damn near perfect. Strains I've run many times before were darker purple and more colorful than I've ever seen them. The bud tender I showed them to preferred the Athena instantly, citing the increased depth of color. I was pleasantly surprised that the Athena hype doesn't seem to be bullshit. The buds look different compared to the very dense Jacks 321 buds I am used to. A little more open looking, if you've seen JungleBoys buds (https://www.instagram.com/jungleboys/) you know the look. The Athena buds were even easier to trim and I really saw no mold. I am awaiting tests of the bud for THC and terps. I hope my customers are sophisticated enough to recognize how much better the bud is compared to what they are used to. If not, I may have to go back to Jacks 321. The only thing that sells around here is ultra dense buds that look like they were grown with PGRs it seems like. And that is what you get with Jacks 321. You get bowling ball rocks so hard you can't even press them in. I don't know why. I can't explain why the Mg is damn near 90 ppm in Jacks 321. It doesn't match any hydroponic solution I've ever seen.

The lab analysis of the Athena pretty much matched the label values for the macronutrients. Like I suspected, the Mg was higher than the label. I was going to clone the mix to save money but to be honest I already did a run with a clone of it I made using the label values and the results weren't quite as good as the real thing. After seeing the analysis, some of the micronutrient values they have are hard to get with a standard micro package and they are quite different than the label values. I'd have to weigh out Cu, Zn, etc. individually. I don't know which parameter is responsible for the improved performance so it would be a lot of guess work and subpar runs compared to just paying for the Athena. It's not that expensive in the grand scheme of things, so I'll probably just keep buying it. I spent more in the last year trying different fertilizers and having barely used bags of each one everywhere.

I hesitate to even post all this info because I am in a very competitive market, the Athena is that good, I don't want others using it. But I have learned a lot from others on this site and I think I should pay it forward. Hopefully none of my competitors read this post. :)

I will note that all of the runs also included sucanat. I am doing a run with Athena this time with no sugar to compare. Results so far (week 3) indicate it looks even better. I don't think sugar does anything positive, even in soil, but the terp tests will tell me. Hopefully I don't need the sugar because it is a pain in the ass messing with that gunking up your injectors.

tentgrower

$am
I spent more in the last year trying different fertilizers and having barely used bags of each one everywhere.
Just jack'n it boys, 321 style @ 1.6EC start to finish PH adjusted to 5.8. Week 4 of flower:
20210407_203318.jpg

I did not disrupt my photo period to snap this picture. This is 2 minutes before lights on @ week 4 of flower. Blue dream up front:
20210405_165458.jpg

Buy a 25# bag of jack's, a 25# bag of calcium nitrate, and a bag of epsom salt from your local wal mart. Done and done :)

Attachments

• 20210407_203318.jpg
    20210407_203318.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 506
  • 20210407_203318.jpg
    20210407_203318.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 20210405_165458.jpg
    20210405_165458.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 250

Latest posts

Latest posts