What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magic Melon from Dark Heart Nursery

Has anybody or anyone you know run this strain?

Dark Heart is taxing like a mf for this one and also Vanilla Frosting...$45 before tax at dispensary’s per clone

I’m stoked on these mega hunts Humboldt Seed Company is doing. I usually pay for all my clones instead of using moms an doing my own but dam might have to go my own route if I wanna run those next year.

https://darkheartnursery.com/strains/magic-melon/

Just popped

20 Magic Melon
20 Pineapple Upside Down Cake
20 Pineapple Muffin
10 Squirt
10 Stupid Froots
10 Lemongrass
10 Mango Sherbert

Wanted to get some variety but also earlier finishing strains. PM Sept 15-25, PUDC Sept 15-Oct 1, the rest of em finish by Sept 20-Oct 5.

I’m most excited about the Magic Melon just cuz of how it smelled at the Emerald Cup.

How’d you like the seeds? Clones? Yield on each?

I’m stoked for an all seed run this year. Clones have been hit or miss and it’s always like some get big while others just kinda don’t haha, for me anyways.

Hoping all the seeds produce decent bud

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Has anybody or anyone you know run this strain?

Dark Heart is taxing like a mf for this one and also Vanilla Frosting...$45 before tax at dispensary’s per clone

I’m stoked on these mega hunts Humboldt Seed Company is doing. I usually pay for all my clones instead of using moms an doing my own but dam might have to go my own route if I wanna run those next year.

https://darkheartnursery.com/strains/magic-melon/

45 bucks for a cut is a fucking joke!!!

rolandomota

Veteran
I'm always thinking about crossing similar strains in terps like in this case I'm thinking how would magic melon and cantaloupe skunk mash up? Or tha karma strain tha melon or the classic cannalope haze lol do a 4 way cantaloupe

T

TakenByTheSky

45 bucks for a cut is a fucking joke!!!

They're selling for $50 each here all day and it's legal here. Most of what ppl are selling for $50 each are just their own seed finds not even elites.

Does anyone know if DHN ships to other legal states?

caliprop215

Veteran
Was just at the club. Magic melon was 20 bucks.

I didnt grab one .wife chose strawberry banana instead.

I got

Blue dream

Romulan

Gg4

Strawberry banana. Some 20 some 26 bucks

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
picture.php

Golden Tree

We were able to grab their....

Double Dream
Nepali Pink
Venom OG
SFVOG
Upside Down Pineapple Cake

And sooooo bummed as our Magic Melon didn’t make it!

Great thread! And I hope we see some MM pics and grows!

Much respects

cyat

Veteran
I have magic melon , the bling , vanilla frosting, lemongrass, Naphtali pink , Romulan ,and strawberry banana . All from dhn. Thc design is also selling the bling for $20 ea

PDX Dopesmoker

I got passed a small bag of some Magic Mellon a few weeks ago. Its good tasting stuff & plenty strong in the THC category, not super loud or flavorful though, that nice flavor is maybe a little on the weak side. Or maybe the bud was dried too warm, I can't tell you about that part.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
smokinfat I haven't yet had a chance to harvest them. Tried a couple samples before they went into reveg. Magic Melon and Banana Mango are potent.

I started a bunch of humboldt seeds company gear a month ago. Stoked for this year it’s gonna be a fruity one. I smelled some bud at the emerald cup from the MM and it was so nice I didn’t want to let go of the jar haha.

Diskokobaja

People I totally f up current grow and I need some fast strains to re up my stast.. I read that magic Melon is 7 week strain..
Has anybody grow her?

MelloYello

People I totally f up current grow and I need some fast strains to re up my stast.. I read that magic Melon is 7 week strain..
Has anybody grow her?

I pulled some at 7 weeks. The DarkHeart stake says 49 to 56 days, i believe.
I have photos in my album.
Day 49 white hairs turn orangebrown and fruit smell turns to underside of a tractor

Last edited:

prune

Veteran
It seems Magic Melon never made it to review status for many growers, after my experience I can see why.
Since there isn't much on the positive side, I'll skip that part and go right to all I hate about this "10k" winner.
It's a Slow vegging half-globe that quickly stalls into hundreds of tight weedy nodes. Weak rubbery branches that need support. Needs multiple pruning sessions to remove 90% of the useless Larfy growth. Morphology really sucks for indoor... More sugar-leaf than calyx, perfect for machine trimming, but not scissor-happy at all. Weak sauce, the high is so clear that you need to squint to realize you're high.

I grow indoors, and for me, Magic Melon was a frustrating "one and done"