What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mills Nutrients Thread

Zendo

I wanted to start a Mills Nutrients thread, as I haven't seen one on here yet, and most of the people I know here in the PNW are using it with great success. It's a comprehensive bio-mineral fertilzer, that condenses all of those ''extra'' bottles into the main line. It is good to use in coco, hydro, or soil, and I have personal experience with it in hydro and coco...with impressive results. I was a 5 year Canna user before testing out Mills, and have used it ever since.

Mills is an easy to use A+B, with three other bottles that you use over the course of a run.

Start-R for veg into early flower.

C4 for early flower.

Ultimate PK for late flower.

I will post feed chart, a breakdown of each bottle, and my experiences with the program. Other Mills users are encouraged to post experiences, results, or any questions about the products.

For ICmaggers wanting to test Mills with documented runs, you can email info@millsnutrients.com and they will hook you up. I know if you have an established account with previous results, they'll even sample out 5L A/B and 1L amendments.

Last edited:

Zendo

The info at MillsNutrients.com/products/ is a rundown of the product.
Bio-Mineral means this line has both organics and highly soluble mineral salts. Basis A&B and Ultra PK are synthetic (10 year shelf-life), Start-R and C4 are bio-mineral (3 year shelf-life).

Basis A&B, the combined N-P-K for Basis A&B is 3 - 4.5 - 9. With the addition of Start-R, C4, or Ultimate PK the N-P-K value becomes more appropriate for Veg cycle or Bloom cycle. All essential micro and macro nutrients are found in these two bottles together. Just like any other two part nutrient, Basis A&B should be mixed in equal parts in your water to create a nutrient solution. The amount per gallon of Basis A&B ranges from 4ml for very young, tender, or light feeding plants to 26ml which is around the max for heavy feeding plants. As you can see in the feed chart, the dose varies. Basis A has Calcium (Ca 4%) along with Red Iron (Fe). Basis B has Magnesium (Mg 1%) along with Molybdenum.

Start-R, incredibly complex bio-stimulant for use with seedlings, vegetatively growing plants and plants in early bloom. Addition of Start-R to Basis A&B brings N-P-K to 8 - 4.5 - 9.5 Basis A&B in combination with Start-R is a complete formula for vegetatively growing plants.
Start-R contains 5% Nitrogen (2% from Ammoniacal N), the highest quality cold pressed seaweed , Humic acid and Fulvic acid, and 17 L-Amino acids (predominantly from fish hydrolysate).

C4 is designed to assist the plants delivery of carbohydrates, macro and micro nutrients, and trace minerals to developing flowers and facilitate the triggering and maturation of complex essential oils. Basis A&B and C4 together bring the N-P-K to 3.5 - 11.5 - 14, appropriate for the early and mid stages of flower development.
C4 contains L-Amino acids which break down decaying organic material (dead roots) into carbohydrates, Humic/Fulvic acid, cold pressed seaweed, and trace minerals that supply micro and macro nutrients to this blend. C4 works in conjunction with beneficial biologics to feed tender flower sites and maintain overall health of the plant.
Very basically, this is what a developing flower needs to outperform. C4 is designed to set your plant up to realize it's full potential.

Ultimate PK. Intended for use in the last weeks of flower development, Ultimate PK is a unique Phosphorus Potassium boost. Addition of Ultimate PK (0-7-6) to Basis A&B brings N-P-K to 3 – 11.5 - 15, intended specifically for late stage flower and fruit development and essential oil production.
The particular and exclusive source of phosphorous, PO4, functions as a mainstay for roots and flower development for industrious plants. On top of the established benefits of a Phosphorous and Potassium boost, Ultimate PK works as an aggressive root zone clarifier that breaks down decaying material and salts held in root media.

Zendo

some pics ..

13x8 footprint
24 plants
6K watts
CO2
2.13 # a light

coco / worm castings/ Mills

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

42degrees

Mills DOES Pay the Bills!

Mills DOES Pay the Bills!

Thought it was time to finally chime in. I started on Mills about 4 months ago... Finished another round with it last week. I'm blown away by my results. I've been on H&G for the last 2+ years and have gotten that pretty dialed in for DTW Coco. After my second side by side between Mills and H&G, I'm getting rid of my sea of green bottles and changing them all to the red Mills bottles- They're just that good.

In a 4800W side by side, the Mills room produced 29% more than the H&G room, had better aroma, structure, flavor, density, color, and overall appeal. On top of that, I calculated over 40% savings in cost.

Bigger yield, much higher quality, and lower cost?? I'm sold! It's been a good run Van de Zwaan, but we're through. It's not me, it's you.

Happy to answeer any questions about my experience with Mill. I am just now switching my veg room over to Mills, so I can only offer my knowledge regarding it in flower.

-42Degrees

Dkgrower

Veteran
C4 contains L-Amino acids which break down decaying organic material (dead roots) into carbohydrates, .

Thats new to me - enzymes speed up reactions also decay off organic matter but L- amino acids should do that trick you need be more clear here.

The nutrient formulation sound intersting.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Mills is just nutrient of the month/year....

Have many friends that are running it, not really impressed...

My boy has some of the best looking flowers running Mills, ZERO smell...

ZENDO - No offence at all but I call it like I see it, your bud looks like straight beaters...

42degrees - Interesting!!!

Im back to running PBP based nutrient mix....

Zen Medz

Posted this in another thread regarding suggested nutes for hempy's and then saw this thread.

"I've heard some good feedback from Mills but I did notice that their base nutes are not as concentrated as H&G's. I believe Mill's feed chart suggests twice as much nutrient as H&G's coco. Just checked both feed charts, Mills in week 6: 18-20 ml/gal, H&G coco in week 6: 7.5. So doing some quick math the Mill's nutrient line is twice as expensive as H&G! Food for thought. Full disclosure, I'm running Maxi Gro and Bloom right now in hempy's."

42degrees, I'm not sure how you calculated the Mills nute line to be 40% cheaper than H&G?? If you're just looking at the base nutes the H&G is almost half the cost cause you're using less than half the nutrients. I did a quick check with prices online and the prices for the base nutes look similar. Both nutes are from Holland, I'm seeing a Volkswagen/Audi situation here.

No offense 42degrees but your last post also reeked a little of "marketing hype". "Mills DOES Pay the Bills"! Love it. Cheers!

Last edited:

42degrees

Zen- I totally agree with you on the concentration of the base nutrients. You do have to use more Mills than you would H&G. You can also push them pretty hard if you're running large plants indoors or growing outside.

My calculation of 40% cheaper was based on a grower following the feed chart from both companies. I tried my best to average out base nutes (this could cause room for some error but not a ton), and most of the additives from both companies are used at consistent levels throughout. I used the retail price of large sized containers from both companies and figured out a cost per gallon of each base nutrient and additive. When I did this, Mills came out about 40% cheaper than H&G. Since I've realized you need to run more base since writing that, so I should try and recalculate. But in the scheme of things, the base nutrients are some of the cheaper ingredients when looking at price per gallon. I'll try and dig it up and post it, although it was done very roughly and would need to be polished up to make sense to someone else.

If you are not running the full line, the numbers can change significantly. For example, the Amino Treatment is one of the more expensive H&G products and is easily substituted for a much cheaper product- like Vitamino from Botanicare. Taking some of these things into consideration can change the price scheme dramatically. However, I still think the Mills additives are powerful performers. The base nutrients are good, but could be better and more concentrated. At the end of the day, I will still run Mills over H&G.

Hope that helps

42degrees

If you're looking to try one product from Mills, try the Ultimate PK. It works very well. When you use that after running C4, you're going to have some dense, frosty, delicious product. I think it has a much more organic feel/smell/taste to it than most other synthetic lines. It is also supposed to be more gentle on microbes due to its high organic content combined with the synthetics. I've always thought that it has a more organic appeal... Similar to what I saw from Cutting Edge when run side by side with H&G. It almost looked like different genetics there.

And just to note, I do not work for Mills. I run their products and think it's a reputable line that will work great for anyone from a closet grower to a commercial op. I run other lines as well. Currently- Botanicare (Kind) DTW coco, Organic Soil Blends (one with water, one with tea, one with growilla from botanicare), Coco/Soil blend with blumats on Kind Base/Mills Additives/Other Goodies. I like to mess around with a wide variety of products. I don't post a ton so I could see why it could be seen as hype. As soon as I find a line I like better, I'll let you know.

SMOKE-ONE

Thought it was time to finally chime in. I started on Mills about 4 months ago... Finished another round with it last week. I'm blown away by my results. I've been on H&G for the last 2+ years and have gotten that pretty dialed in for DTW Coco. After my second side by side between Mills and H&G, I'm getting rid of my sea of green bottles and changing them all to the red Mills bottles- They're just that good.

In a 4800W side by side, the Mills room produced 29% more than the H&G room, had better aroma, structure, flavor, density, color, and overall appeal. On top of that, I calculated over 40% savings in cost.

Bigger yield, much higher quality, and lower cost?? I'm sold! It's been a good run Van de Zwaan, but we're through. It's not me, it's you.

Happy to answeer any questions about my experience with Mill. I am just now switching my veg room over to Mills, so I can only offer my knowledge regarding it in flower.

-42Degrees

You sound like a Mill's rep.Jus sayin tho lol

I have to agree with krunch.... I run pbp, my friend runs mills, thought about switching. the pbp product is slightly better over mills... He runs a wharehouse, whereas i don't. the pricing and ease for him is better with mills then pbp. mills isnt hype, its a solid product line, but run of the mill to me.

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've just started using it at full strength week 2 of flower. Just started week 5. Running BOG Sour Strawberry. 48-55 day flower. So far so good. I've used fox farm liquids, earth juice, and now trying mills.

Latest posts

Latest posts