What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's C99?

LostTribe

Premium user
Appears to be typical c99 so scary people freak and go hide under a bed for a few weeks hahaha! Such a speedy rush hope to try these new JW.

IntotheGreen

Apologies, guys. A lot of different shit going on and I completely neglected my updates. Definitely a little bit of what LostTribe said as well, lol. The Joey Weed Cindy did turn out pretty nice - smells and appearances both right on the mark, and even slightly improved due to better soil and lighting.

As for effect, again right in the wheelhouse. A potent, though slightly creeping sativa high, noticeable raciness/heart rate increase after a couple hits, and a long-duration uplifting, energetic/motivational boost. Very clean with a smooth taper-off and no crash - one of my favorite things about Cindy - yet there is some definite body and depth. I can basically smoke her all day every day and she just makes every activity better, whether working, playing, or just chilling. At higher doses a little edginess can start to accumulate, as does the slight sensory distortion, but I view this as a good thing, and Cindy always carries that undercurrent of good vibes to balance the harder edge. As was the case with the JW C99 I've grown in the past, this batch also tends to pretty consistently elicit a bit of sexual arousal, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on the situation.

Buds were dense and resinous, sometimes almost melting like hash in the bowl. Typing this report is literally making my mouth water, lol. Anyway here's some long-overdue dried bud shots:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

IntotheGreen

Pineapple/mango smells are dominant; some fruit cocktail and a little bit of a mediciney smell on one pheno; slight floral and citrus notes with that earthy/spicy undertone. Tastes are harder for me to discern but generally sweet and smooth with some spiciness. Due to the high trichome density/resin content a small piece of bud can produce a lot of smoke, so not particularly expansive, per se, but easy to miscalculate how big of a hit you need to take!

LostTribe

Premium user
Apologies, guys. A lot of different shit going on and I completely neglected my updates. Definitely a little bit of what LostTribe said as well, lol. The Joey Weed Cindy did turn out pretty nice - smells and appearances both right on the mark, and even slightly improved due to better soil and lighting.

As for effect, again right in the wheelhouse. A potent, though slightly creeping sativa high, noticeable raciness/heart rate increase after a couple hits, and a long-duration uplifting, energetic/motivational boost. Very clean with a smooth taper-off and no crash - one of my favorite things about Cindy - yet there is some definite body and depth. I can basically smoke her all day every day and she just makes every activity better, whether working, playing, or just chilling. At higher doses a little edginess can start to accumulate, as does the slight sensory distortion, but I view this as a good thing, and Cindy always carries that undercurrent of good vibes to balance the harder edge. As was the case with the JW C99 I've grown in the past, this batch also tends to pretty consistently elicit a bit of sexual arousal, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on the situation.

Buds were dense and resinous, sometimes almost melting like hash in the bowl. Typing this report is literally making my mouth water, lol. Anyway here's some long-overdue dried bud shots:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Much thanks for the response brother! We are representative of the TRUE brothers gimm! I'm nearly finished with this supposed f3/f4 at this point. I am satisfied with these girls smells growth and effect!

I have ran more C99 than anyone here haters gonna hate but Joey's is the most like the original C99.

I've ran these:
2001 brother grimm C99-authentic
2002 brothers grimm c99 both from HS-authentic
GNO3 from gypsy-authentic
f2's of gno3 gypsy(alot of them)-authentic
dutchgrown c99- decent
Mosca f1 c99 -crap
Mosca BX1-bunk
Female seeds C99-fake crap
New 2016 Bros Grimm C99- 50/50 w/ 1 nice one but still lacking
Nuggetshinner C99- unviable too old
Joey Weed Cinderella 99- REAL DEAL

And to the player hater thats been PM'ing me BS! I met Mr. Soul shortly after he returned and he seemed decent but the beans were 50/50 not original cindy but decent buds. You better piss off or I will PM Pinky or Gypsy about you bothering me. Joey Weed is Legit!

You want to run old school C99 grab Joey C99 before they are gone again!

LostTribe

kushedy

I am tempted to give Joey’s C99 a go but the whole stick money in an envelope & post it to Canada thing is just a pain in the arse & asking for trouble.
I’ve only dealt with 2 seed banks in Canada to date & both were awful.
I know FDM is back on the scene now & claiming to have C99 F4’s. Obviously him/them being new back on the scene their C99 is an unknown quantity but at least it doesn’t involve sending cash in an envelope & hoping one of the staff doesn’t decide to pocket it on the sly.

quiescent

I am tempted to give Joey’s C99 a go but the whole stick money in an envelope & post it to Canada thing is just a pain in the arse & asking for trouble.
I know FDM is back on the scene now & claiming to have C99 F4’s. Obviously him/them being new back on the scene their C99 is an unknown quantity but at least it doesn’t involve sending cash in an envelope & hoping one of the staff doesn’t decide to pocket it on the sly.
Use money order and you're fine as far as the money getting there with no risk, getting them through customs isn't as big of a challenge as from the UK. The depot is standup, no headaches for me in over a decade.

IntotheGreen

2nd what quiescent said. Money order takes out the risk of losing cash. That said, I have ordered from HD using cash several times going back more than a decade, and never had a problem. Always prompt, stealthy delivery. And Joey's Cindy is the way to go in my view!

kro-magnon

Veteran

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Nice job man, is it one pheno on the pics or several?
C99 is a great strain, great smell and taste, good yield in a short flowering period and a very pleasant high. I should try those JW seeds because I'd very happy to get the same result you had.

IntotheGreen

Nice job man, is it one pheno on the pics or several

Honestly I can't quite recall for sure on these pics, but I think there are at least 2 of the individual females represented there. Not really much difference overall between the 4 phenos, especially anything that could be picked up from the photos. Slight variation in smells and plant/bud structure, but I think I would struggle in a blind smoke test. Overall pheno #2 was the shortest, frostiest and most typically Cindy-smelling; #4 was a little more floral-fruity and probably the most evenly structured; #1 had maybe the densest buds, a slightly-mediciney nose and seemed to occasionally give me a slight nauseous feeling, especially if I hadn't eaten recently - though it's possible I was just imagining that, lol; #7 had probably the largest buds overall and solid pineapple smell, but maybe the least potent of the four, though again the difference is pretty slight.

These girls are FAST finishers, for sure. Probably could have harvested as early as 6 weeks, and by day 50 they were all pretty much done.

kro-magnon

Veteran
If this pic show 2 different girls it's crazy how similar they look once dry. My preference goes to the pineapple tasting pheno in this strain, sadly JW seeds are out of stock at HD now. I don't know if I'll go with the new BG version or wait for JW to restock.

Easy7

Veteran
Wonder how her flowers would look hydro. I've noticed hydro buds get a lot tighter. I'd say a majority of the pick ups I've gotten were hydro.

eyes

Veteran

i ordered from this company quite a few times with a money order and always came through. no worries.