What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaves sagging a couple hours before lights out.

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever experienced sagging leaves a couple hours prior to lights going off? I noticed it tonight for the first time, when I came in to check them before lights out they’re were sagging but not fully sagging like they do at night. I won’t lie I kinda of panicked a little and watered them with nutrient solution with about 100ppm more that I usually feed. Is this a normal thing to happen? Should I have not fed right before lights go off?
Thanks

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
How were your temps?
I prefer watering before lights on rather than after lights off, due to humidity in the cooler night. But I suspect all is fine.

St. Phatty

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever experienced sagging leaves a couple hours prior to lights going off? I noticed it tonight for the first time, when I came in to check them before lights out they’re were sagging but not fully sagging like they do at night. I won’t lie I kinda of panicked a little and watered them with nutrient solution with about 100ppm more that I usually feed. Is this a normal thing to happen? Should I have not fed right before lights go off?
Thanks

Sounds like you're indoors.

In nature it rains before sunset all the time.

If that happened outdoors, I'd be concerned about mold & Powder Mildew.

One approach to the wilting symptom is to give them a 1/2 ration of pH corrected water without any major nutes.

Then give them the TLC at lights on.

Ok makes me feel a little better. My humidity is up a little high now that the lights are off and I just watered 62RH now, usually 55RH. Temps right now are 79 day/night. I hope when I get there tonight after lights on they’re all perked back up. I’ve read that plants between the 2-3 week old range can do this regularly. Anyway I bought a wether sensor from “Kokonaut weather sensors” $69 dollars on their website. However it only reads temp and RH but it’s live on your phone which Gives me peace of mind throughout the day

Note* most days my temps are 74-76 it’s been 95 and 80 percent humidity in New England and will be for another couple days. I’m happy to get 79 in there with conditions like this just outside the tent.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Ok makes me feel a little better. My humidity is up a little high now that the lights are off and I just watered 62RH now, usually 55RH. Temps right now are 79 day/night. I hope when I get there tonight after lights on they’re all perked back up. I’ve read that plants between the 2-3 week old range can do this regularly. Anyway I bought a wether sensor from “Kokonaut weather sensors” $69 dollars on their website. However it only reads temp and RH but it’s live on your phone which Gives me peace of mind throughout the day
... speed up your exhaust fan a little :)

Latest posts

Latest posts