What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

leaf curling after pesticide spray

Hi guys,

Im new to growing indoors and using coco as a medium. I have some clone that are in the second week of veg. The other day I sprayed them with a dose of Nuke EM. I came in the next day to find a lot of leaf curling mainly on the new shoots and some secondary leaves.

I did spray when the lights were on but since Im only using one 315cmh I didn't think It would be an issue. Was I wrong to think that?

Also the day before that I did a flush because my runoff ec was like 900-1200. Its back in line now and Im watering everyday to keep the numbers where Im comfortable(400-500ppm)

Does this look like nutrient burn or could It be due to the spraying when lights were on? Like I said I'm a noob so any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 64

blowingupjake

hey there
I am concerned for you. This looks very very similar to the early signs I saw when broad mites had moved into my garden many moons ago. How are things now? How’s new growth looking?
Not trying to scare you but it is a bit concerning to see such a dramatic curl on young growth.
If anyone thinks I’ve misread the signs please feel free to correct me.

Best of luck OP!!

SolarLogos

Hi guys,

Im new to growing indoors and using coco as a medium. I have some clone that are in the second week of veg. The other day I sprayed them with a dose of Nuke EM. I came in the next day to find a lot of leaf curling mainly on the new shoots and some secondary leaves.

I did spray when the lights were on but since Im only using one 315cmh I didn't think It would be an issue. Was I wrong to think that?

Also the day before that I did a flush because my runoff ec was like 900-1200. Its back in line now and Im watering everyday to keep the numbers where Im comfortable(400-500ppm)

Does this look like nutrient burn or could It be due to the spraying when lights were on? Like I said I'm a noob so any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
I've had leaf curl from certain insecticides before. Usually, with pesticides, after the leaf curls half of the leaf will wilt and turn an olive green color for a day or two, then the entire wilted half the leaf will turn brown and die. I'm not sure, but I think some pesticides coat the leaf so it cannot perspire. With nitrogen burn, usually the tips turn brown first, then down the leaf.
Either way, you're growing in coco, so doing these 3 things will fix most problems.
1. Scope for bugs.
2. Flush with pH water
3. Feed with half strength nutrients at proper pH

Those 3 things have gotten me out of more trouble and has fixed almost every problem I've run into. Growing in coco makes it easy IMO.
Good luck.
Peace, God bless

The plants have recovered quite well since those pictures. I just transplanted and I noticed the roots had like a brown look to some of them with a couple spots of white fungus or mold on them. I guess I was keeping them way to damp. They were a week old clones and I was feeding once at 700pm day till runoff.I was only using one 315cmh in a 8x8 though. I have four but wanted to ease them into the other lights. I have two lights on now and they look a lot better. Some tips bending down at 90 degrees though. Not sure what that’s about. Some kind of environmental stress I would guess