What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains that Stink and you can smell far away?

HillBillyAlien

Hey, Im looking for some strains that when growing outdoors or indoors you can smell from a long ways away? (yes i know RoadKill Skunk but beside this strain) Wanting something stinky as all get out.

Happy Times

This was just a buddy’s pollen chuck and not commercially available, LA confidential X Headband. The dog stomped some seedlings so I only ended up with 1 lady. But man what a stinker in the garage come drying time. Flavor had a nose of lemon and some nutmeg in the finish, all on top of that stanky base, with a hard-hitting indica-dominant heavy stoney high.

And a different friend just popped some Platinum Huckleberry Cookies from Dynasty that has an appealing reek. Really frosty too

J

jaded1

Karma's happy brother is the smelliest strain I've grown,near the end and while drying it could be smelled from a couple of hundred meters from my house even with carbon filter.

M

moose eater

My Sensi Seed Bank California Indica from about 1997, grown with stout organics. I've had folks complain about her odor, as being too much of a risk for her smell.

Years ago, before a friend caught on, and started using good organics, he asked me if I sprayed anything on her to make her smell that way. (GTFOH was my reply to him; an uncool question, straight out of the gate).

Friend now living in the Lower-48 also stated she had the best bud formation with the least waste of any he'd grown.

When she's healthy, she's easy to clip. Nice chunky buds, just tips of sugar leaves sticking out, and nice trichome presence.

She produces excellent volume and quality of auto-sieved hash when happy.

She's the oldest mom in my current set of 6 strains, at about 21+ years old, clone-to-clone-to-clone.

M

moose eater

BTW, I had to ask myself when I first read the question from the OP, "Why would someone WANT a serious odor-producing plant, other than for blowing folks' socks off when they open the bag?"

I mean, most folks I've known have had resistance to taking on plants that basically blow a trumpet and yell, "Hey There's ganja growing here!!" But to each their own.

I keep the CI because of what she is, her history, etc., etc.

The SSB CI I referenced above this post holds my record for production under my old digital HPS 400's, with 16 classic 600 pots, w/ organic mix, in a 16 sq. ft, (4'x4' x ~6-1/2 ft ) box w/ white-painted interior, & what I regard as super-cropping, with a finished dry out-put of 20-1/2 oz.

Some have had difficulty with powdery mildew and/or bud rot with her, but they had insufficient air movement and ^ humidity at those times..

Happy Times

BTW, I had to ask myself when I first read the question from the OP, "Why would someone WANT a serious odor-producing plant, other than for blowing folks' socks off when they open the bag?"

I mean, most folks I've known have had resistance to taking on plants that basically blow a trumpet and yell, "Hey There's ganja growing here!!" But to each their own.

I keep the CI because of what she is, her history, etc., etc.

The SSB CI I referenced above this post holds my record for production under my old digital HPS 400's, with 16 classic 600 pots, w/ organic mix, in a 16 sq. ft, (4'x4' x ~6-1/2 ft ) box w/ white-painted interior, & what I regard as super-cropping, with a finished dry out-put of 20-1/2 oz.

Some have had difficulty with powdery mildew and/or bud rot with her, but they had insufficient air movement and ^ humidity at those times..

My take on why is that smell often translates to flavor

And I’d think most of us like that lingering mouth-coating flavor

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shoreline. Stinkiest road kill skunk ever. A quarter of a gram in the bag will stink up a whole house.

madalasatori

Veteran
My Sensi Seed Bank California Indica from about 1997, grown with stout organics. I've had folks complain about her odor, as being too much of a risk for her smell.

Years ago, before a friend caught on, and started using good organics, he asked me if I sprayed anything on her to make her smell that way. (GTFOH was my reply to him; an uncool question, straight out of the gate).

Friend now living in the Lower-48 also stated she had the best bud formation with the least waste of any he'd grown.

When she's healthy, she's easy to clip. Nice chunky buds, just tips of sugar leaves sticking out, and nice trichome presence.

She produces excellent volume and quality of auto-sieved hash when happy.

She's the oldest mom in my current set of 6 strains, at about 21+ years old, clone-to-clone-to-clone.

It would be great to see pics if you have any - I love seeing pics of old school sensi strains. I used to read their catalogue over and over as a teen back in the late 90s

Last edited:
M

moose eater

I haven't uploaded any pics since last year, when, at that time, I had a pic of a box of Ghost Train Haze #1 and some soil tests on my page.

I took them down when I was intending to have my acct. deleted, but the acct. was never deleted. I'll skip that part of the story.

At that time I had very slow (nearly non-functional) 56k dial-up internet, and it took most of an evening or more to upload the pics I referenced. I now have much faster internet, so up-loading should take mere seconds or a minute, maybe..

The CI I currently have in a box, in recently adjusted bloom mix, have just been cut back, as they had gotten too tall before they were transplanted into Classic 2000's. The one mother I have of her is currently in a 5" sq. pot, and less than completely happy with a previous, less accurate mix, but not in horrid shape, either.

If you're patient, I'll see if I can get my older son to come over with his phone and take a pic of the mom that's in a 5" sq. pot (she'll be in a 9" pot tomorrow, in a newer mix). My son's phone doesn't convey sensitive info., and I'm not too terribly tech literate.

So let me see what I can do. I'll try to post a pic as soon as I can, but it won't be up long. Maybe 3-4 days at most. I'm headed out on a trip next Tuesday, so if I can get it up-loaded, it'll come down before I leave. A brief showing at best. And at the moment, she's vegging.

I

IncenseRosemary

Dkush (ChemdxOGsfvkush) and Sour Diesel bx2 if you roll outside in garden you can smell it on 5 meter radius. Sour is even stinkier when burned spicy,lemony,sour skunk smell.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
"THE" cut of ECSD reeks so bad it's amazing. It's been around for what... 20 years now? 100yds from my house and you could smell what seemed like a "FIELD" of cannabis growing. It was 4 plants, about 3' tall. lol (Edit: The cut also totally short circuited my memory. Mislabled her and lost it. lol)

grayeyes

I am currently growing Afghani No. 1. I am flipping them so during my outdoor grow they come inside and spend the night in a dark room. The smell when I open the door is pretty strong. Can't wait to see how they taste.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Headbanger, stardawg, psychosis, sour diesel are a few I've done that had ridiculously loud phenos.

Any chem, cheese or sour usually reeks in my experience.

Rodehazrd

@mooseeater
I let my last 818 go a couple years back for just that reason but this year I had to put one out. Ms Hazard and myself loved the effect. I got it downwind of most anything out on a ridge now. And its nice for my ego to have another grower notice its gassy.:tiphat: