What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashplant Haze x KaliChina, Zamaldelica elite x Panama Goddess

SolarLogos

So stoked to these seeds sprout! I had some shit happen to sort of make me want to change my grow schedule but I’m choked about not growing the c5KC and the hphazekc right away.
So I have this plan (gets crazy gleam in eye) there’s this freezer that I converted into a grow chamber...
(The gleam is wild now against the whites of his ever widening eyes... the realization has him. A small dribble escapes his lip as excited gestures bespeak a bubbling froth of Mad Joy within)
I shall turn it up on end! I can make a tall cabinet and install screens to hold the plants back... I should be able to grow both my c5KC and 1 hphaze kc into nice tall scrogs with a shared soil bed (no pots! None! Mwaaahahahaaaa!!!) and if I’m lucky I might even find a warmish spot to put the whole shebang so opening it doesn’t hurt so much in winter... lol maybe I’ll need a watering tube and viewing portal to minimize opening it...
Or just find a warmish place.

Looks good Sol! Just thought I should drop a little crazy on your thread
Next up: I’m gonna start an offensive Rant thread about offensive Rant threads... those people all gotta die.
Feel free to rant on my thread all you want; it lets me know someone is paying attention. It seems your problem is finding room to grow, where as my problem is plant limits.

I fed HPHxKC and ZAMxPAN 320 ppm organic grow two nights ago and they picked up their pace a little. I fed them again this morning and are still happy this evening. They got a late start, but I have a feeling they will catch up, at least close before they finish.

ZAMxPAN

HPHxKC

These girls came outside in 95F sun as soon as they broke ground. They have seen several days over 100-104F and do find in all day sun. They would probably grow a little faster if it weren't so hot, but they will do fine, hot weather is all they know.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Three weeks ago, these two plants came out of the ground on a day it was 101F (38.4C). For the most part, the weather has been in the upper 90's, but they have endured 5 days that were 100-106F (38C-41.2C)
I don't move them into the shade or anything, they are completely acclimated to the heat. This weekend will be 106F on Saturday and Sunday:
Zamaldelica Elite x Panama Goddess

Hashplant Haze x KaliChina

Feeding them 320 ppm of organic liquid grow formula every other day, pH 6.8, watering in between.They seem to have hit their stride with consistent daily growth. I will update when their is more.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

It's been 104F (40C) the past two days and Hashplant haze x KC and ZamPam have been loving it. They are hitting their stride and growing noticeably each day. I fed them yesterday, 320 ppm organic liquid grow.

ZamPan

HPHxKC

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

I love when plants just see heat as more gas for the fire... I remember cranking heat up into low 30s (C) in mid veg to get GT and Zam cooking with fire.. always ramped growth through the roof right before flip I would turn it back down to keep internodes short. Lol then get bored and crank it again mid-late stretch and daaamnn some looong spears would form sometimes from that punch of gas again.
Usually more on GT though come to think of it...

Yea I usually run out of flowering room at some point when I get into evaluating multiple strains. Sucks. I have a reasonably high plant count allowed (not one of those crazy 50+ ones though) but I still find I constantly have to cull weaker seedlings and clones and I’ve gotten even more ruthless about keeping shit I don’t need.
I even let go of GT in my garden for now... sigh. The female I got last round did poorly and I have too much going on to save the male until I can pop s1 of my old gt keeper.
I’ve convinced myself instead to be excited that I can order more in the future as I’m pretty sure Dubi isn’t letting that one slide into obscurity. In fact I imagine an upgrade will be coming soon as he was already experimenting with (I think) Koh Chang Thai in it.
There’s a breeders pack too:biggrin:

Maaaan I wanna pop an hphaze now...my c5KC babies are starting to grow up faster now that they have good roots full of mycorrhizae, I gave them a very light feed of plantacillin (bacillus subtilis serum) and some kelp b1 stuff that just a 1-1-1 ratio.
Probably TP them into some organic soil in a few days and they can eat worm poo the rest of their lives.

YukonKronic

Oh! Forgot to mention... I had a doobie and a coffee in my green house t’other day. Was sublime. You and Dee are on to something there for sure... my Autos are like four+ feet tall! I hope I can get em finished. If not at least I know I can kill it next year with an April start
Edit: ...... may I ask if you mulch Sol? Only just noticed bare soil and thinking of the heat I wondered if it might help retain water and cool soil.. just curious.
Is it the gnats? I hate the gnats.

Last edited:

SolarLogos

I love when plants just see heat as more gas for the fire... I remember cranking heat up into low 30s (C) in mid veg to get GT and Zam cooking with fire.. always ramped growth through the roof right before flip I would turn it back down to keep internodes short. Lol then get bored and crank it again mid-late stretch and daaamnn some looong spears would form sometimes from that punch of gas again.
Usually more on GT though come to think of it...

Yea I usually run out of flowering room at some point when I get into evaluating multiple strains. Sucks. I have a reasonably high plant count allowed (not one of those crazy 50+ ones though) but I still find I constantly have to cull weaker seedlings and clones and I’ve gotten even more ruthless about keeping shit I don’t need.
I even let go of GT in my garden for now... sigh. The female I got last round did poorly and I have too much going on to save the male until I can pop s1 of my old gt keeper.
I’ve convinced myself instead to be excited that I can order more in the future as I’m pretty sure Dubi isn’t letting that one slide into obscurity. In fact I imagine an upgrade will be coming soon as he was already experimenting with (I think) Koh Chang Thai in it.
There’s a breeders pack too
biggrin.gif

Maaaan I wanna pop an hphaze now...my c5KC babies are starting to grow up faster now that they have good roots full of mycorrhizae, I gave them a very light feed of plantacillin (bacillus subtilis serum) and some kelp b1 stuff that just a 1-1-1 ratio.
Probably TP them into some organic soil in a few days and they can eat worm poo the rest of their lives.
You're right, these plants love heat. I think we have seen 13 days this summer between 100-106F (37.8-41.1C) and the plants act like it's just another day (other than the pots dry up a lot faster!)
Last year, we went from 80'sF, then 3 days of 90's and the 4th day, 106. It killed a 3 month indica and fried the leaves off of all 3 golden tiger clones I had out also. It really comes down to the plants having enough time to increase the temperatures slowly so that it becomes acclimated to it. The HPHxKC and ZamPam only know this heat.
BTW, the nutrients I have been giving these two are a little different. They have only had Tappin Roots liquid grow formula. This stuff works great for plants that sensitive to feeding. They don't burn the plants while getting great results. They have been getting 200 ppm nutrients + 115 ppm dechlorinated tap water = 315 ppm every other day. Today, I increased it to 400 ppm nutrients.

Oh! Forgot to mention... I had a doobie and a coffee in my green house t’other day. Was sublime. You and Dee are on to something there for sure... my Autos are like four+ feet tall! I hope I can get em finished. If not at least I know I can kill it next year with an April start
Edit: ...... may I ask if you mulch Sol? Only just noticed bare soil and thinking of the heat I wondered if it might help retain water and cool soil.. just curious.
Is it the gnats? I hate the gnats.
So you've tasted the good life, joint, morning coffee, starting the day in the greenhouse with the ladies. There is a certain feeling you get: it's peaceful, relaxing, colorful and awakening full of life. All your senses awakening at once to the smell of terpenes lingering in the humid air from the previous cool night, the warm coffee and the freshly lit doobie tingling the back of the throat... Ah, it's going to be another perfect day:dance013:

No I don't mulch. I like it to dry out. Yes, prevents fungus gnats. With mulch, I have to water with nutes 2x week or worry about over watering. These girls are dry every evening. This way, I can spread out their feeding, giving them lower amounts but more consistently.
Thanks you again for stopping by my friend.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

I topped the HPHxKC and ZamPam last Saturday. I've been using insecticidal soap and sticky traps to keep the white flies off. I haven't fed them in a week, they don't seem to need anything at the moment.

HPHxKC

Zamaldelica x Pamana

So far, pretty easy to grow, they don't seem to require much attention.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

HPHxKC and ZamPan have been in stretch for 2 weeks. I feed and water them once a week, which is how long it takes for the medium to dry out. ZamPan on the left, HPHxKC on the right.

ZamPan

HPHxKC

We are at 13 hours, 10 minutes of light today. Temperatures average 98-101F for the high, 58-60 for the low.
RH averages 45-50
Grow medium: Peat
Feeding: 750 ppm/ once/week

These two plants have been mostly maintenance-free, with the exception of whiteflies, I am constantly battling them.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Both ZamPan (left) and HPHxKC (on right) are in flower. We are at 12 hours 55 minutes per day. They are still light feeders, only taking 1500 ppm per week of organic bloom formula. They have never really liked much nitrogen. The only problem I have had is whiteflies. No other plant in my garden attracts them as bad, probably because they are smaller than the other plants. I spray them nightly and in the morning with soapy water.
So far, not much smells that I can make out with stem rubs, but I'm sure that will change soon.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

The Hatter

Veteran
You are welcome friend :tiphat:

These new precious seeds cannot be in better hands. I'm sure with your dedication, passion and enthusiasm the genetics will shine. :)

The Zamaldelica x Panama seeds i sent you are the feminized version of this hybrid. The regular version was Panama Goddess crossed with a quite tropical and wild F1 Zamaldelica male, while this new feminized version has been produced by pollinating Zamaldelica elite mother with Panama Goddess (reversed). I was astonished by the results deepwaterdude got from his grow of the regular version so i decided to make a feminized version too. I expect this new fem version will be more potent, more aromatic and much more sexually firm than the regular one, although maybe not so high yielding. Both versions need deeper evaluation with bigger populations until i can decide whether they will be included permanently in our catalogue or not.

I don't think C5 x Kali China or HashPlant Haze x Kali China will take longer to flower than for example Nevil's Haze x Panama or Honduras x Panama, definitely they will finish much earlier than pure Oldtimer's Haze, so perhaps you can try some of these new seeds outdoors this season with the rest of your sativas. Or indoors in winter, when you have more time, whatever you decide i will be happy :D

Hugggsss! dubi

Since so few people have grown out these R&D strains it's naturally hard to find much info about them, but Deepwater's Zamaldelica x Panama grow makes a whole lot more sense now that I know it was one of those crazy F1 Zamaldelicas that was used in the cross.

I picked up a pack of Zamaldelica from back during that first commercial release and to this day one of the plants from that run remains the craziest thing I've ever grown. It seriously reminded a lot of those sort of pom pom trees Dr. Sues used to draw. It was covered in these huge fuzzy masses of pistols that remind me a lot of some of Deepwater's pics although the bud structure on mine was a bit more airy with smaller calyxes. It went 18+ weeks and could have gone longer.

It was an amazing plant that produced equally unique and amazing smoke but that first run of Zammy was just too wild for a small medical grower like myself, particularly with the sexual instability the strain had back then.

The new version using the elite Zam mother sounds really promising. I'm very interested to see how they turn out.

Last edited:

SolarLogos

HPHxKC and ZamPan are in week 3 flower. I am spraying everything with BT, as I am finding cutworms crawling on everything, even the screen on the back door. I've never seen it this bad.
I am moving these two girls into the greenhouse and transplanting them into bigger pots this week. The weather has cooled into the 70's and 80's, so it's about time to fill up the GH.
They are feeding about 1175 ppm 2 time/week organic bloom formula.
HPHxKC

ZamPam

I will update later this week after transplant.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

HPHxKC

HPHxKC

Here is the HPHxKC. I had 3 male HxP, 2 lemon and floral, one incensey. I pollinated a branch with the incense pheno, we will see if I ever get time to grow them. A lot of early resin, for week 4?

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Quick update: The purple satellite reversed pollen appears to be viable so far. I pollinated a branch each of ZamPan and HPHxKC. The hairs darkened and withered, a good sign of pollination.

My reason for doing this is for a good friend of mine on here. We are looking for pure sativas that will finish early in his area, so using PS as a breeding tool, searching for early flowering phenos. Having fem seeds just makes it that much easier to find those early flowering plants without dealing with sexing and males, hopefully.

ZamPan

HPHxKC

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for the updates SolarLogos!

Excited to follow your progresses during flowering on these new hybrids :)
Looks like your HashPlant Haze x Kali China got the compact structure of the KC.
A pleasure to see the 2 main colas of the Zamaldelica x Panama trying to reach the sky!

Glad to know you are producing your own seeds using your Honduras x Panama males, and that you are mastering the reversion process with the Purple Satellite.
Is it your first time reversing females to produce feminized seeds ?

SolarLogos

Thanks a lot for the updates SolarLogos!

Excited to follow your progresses during flowering on these new hybrids
Looks like your HashPlant Haze x Kali China got the compact structure of the KC.
A pleasure to see the 2 main colas of the Zamaldelica x Panama trying to reach the sky!

Glad to know you are producing your own seeds using your Honduras x Panama males, and that you are mastering the reversion process with the Purple Satellite.
Is it your first time reversing females to produce feminized seeds ?
Greetings Dubi, I apologize I just saw your post. Yes, this is the 1st time trying to reverse a female. I made the CS using the 9 volt battery method. I'm also getting ready to harvest pollen from HxP2 reversed.

I also pollinated both with OTH. I wanted to keep the HPHxKC in seed, so rather than reverse her clone, I hit her with haze and can backcross a male from that into the next HPHxKC. Both plants are putting on size and a lot of resin. The HPHxKC has a very strong rotten organic smell to her, not unpleasant but detracts from the other smells for now.
HPHxKC on the left and ZamPan on the right

ZamPan, early resin. I love the long, slender leaves.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Mountainkush

Thanks for all the updates on these. Looking great. I really love the look of that ZamxPan. It’s for sure the most vigorous out of the new hybrids I started. Sounds like you have a lot on the go with all these projects. I wish you luck on some great new crosses.

SolarLogos

Thanks for all the updates on these. Looking great. I really love the look of that ZamxPan. It’s for sure the most vigorous out of the new hybrids I started. Sounds like you have a lot on the go with all these projects. I wish you luck on some great new crosses.
Thank you MK. You are right, it is a lot of work! Keeping a veg, clone, mother room, a flower room, GH, OD, maintaining males, collecting storing pollen, it's a full time job. My wife has been bugging me to take a year off and I feel I need it, but it won't happen. However, things are going to be different.
Next season, I am starting the OD regular season middle of June, instead of April. All plants, except long flowering sativa that will finish in the GH, will go into the ground. In the ground is a lot less work, less watering, less feeding, less deficiencies due to outgrowing pots, etc. I will still do a winter grow each year and my year round indoor.
Here is the HPHxKC on the left and ZamPan on the right

HPHxKC

ZamPan

HPHxKC has always had a rotting smell to her which has turned into a meaty smell, lots of wood and hash, but still no spice, herbal or floral notes. I'm hoping incense will show up, at least on the smoke. I will get better pics tomorrow. Her calyxes are huge and look like they are full of seeds, but they aren't.

ZamPan pics were taken yesterday. Today, she has a lot of brown hairs, but calyxes are just starting to swell, some a lot more than others. She looks like she will be done in a week, two at most.
Peace, God bless

Mountainkush

Sounds like my wife and I don’t have nearly as much as you on the go. I keep trying to add more indoor space little by little. I have a small two level box with clone/mom on the bottom and veg on top and a 4x6 flower tent so far. Really want to add a space to flower males and try making a few hybrids just for fun.

Loving the look of the ZamxPan. I don’t have any experience with the panama but love the Zamaldelica I grew. I’ve been puffing in some of it today and it really brightens up your day. Still smells like a hard lemon candy and has been curing for 9 months now. Absolutely one of my favourite.

SolarLogos

HPHxKC and ZamPan

HPHxKC and ZamPan

Sounds like my wife and I don’t have nearly as much as you on the go. I keep trying to add more indoor space little by little. I have a small two level box with clone/mom on the bottom and veg on top and a 4x6 flower tent so far. Really want to add a space to flower males and try making a few hybrids just for fun.

Loving the look of the ZamxPan. I don’t have any experience with the panama but love the Zamaldelica I grew. I’ve been puffing in some of it today and it really brightens up your day. Still smells like a hard lemon candy and has been curing for 9 months now. Absolutely one of my favourite.

Greetings MK,
A lot of times I can't put too many males together so I wait until they are close to dropping pollen (keep an eye on the single guys near the bottom!) and take them out last minute. Put them indoors near a window, even in summer the long days will not be enough to flip them back (mine never have). Cut the tops off and immediately put them in a cup of water over hanging a plate hear a window and let them drop the pollen. Sometimes, I have every upstairs and downstairs windows all being used at once that way.

Here are a few pics I just took of some flower on Hashplant Haze x KaliChina and Zamaldelica x Panama. HPHxKC hasn't put out any new hairs that I can see today. The calyxes are just huge and packed in there tight, squeezing out the newer calyxes. I will get the scope on her soon and look at the trichomes. ZamPan on the other hand, is still putting out new pistils daily.
HPHxKC

ZamPan

This last pic is a pic of a lower branch of zampan. I'm amazed how much yield I will get from these two, considering I planted the 2 seeds the last week of June. If zampan is as good as I think it will be, I'll be tempted to put her clone in the greenhouse in March with a light, then put her in the ground and do a monster scrog outdoors. Just when I said no more big plants. I will come to my senses by then

The main reason I took the picture was because walking by, seeing the sun glistening all over her like someone dusted her with tiny diamonds. Too bad it didn't show up in the pic.
Peace, God bless

Latest posts

Latest posts