What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why doesn't Ace do any Hawaiian cultivars?

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I’ve got a 70’s Hawaiian line I repro’d last year in Napa California.

(Thai x Jamaican) x (Mexican x Afghan) by Brotherhood of Love

I haven't seen anything like it.
The old heads who used to grow and smuggle Hawaiian lines back it the day verified it and said its one of the first, beside the Swazi x Thai from the 60’s/early-70’s.

SolarLogos

I’ve got a 70’s Hawaiian line I repro’d last year in Napa California.

(Thai x Jamaican) x (Mexican x Afghan) by Brotherhood of Love

I haven't seen anything like it.
The old heads who used to grow and smuggle Hawaiian lines back it the day verified it and said its one of the first, beside the Swazi x Thai from the 60’s/early-70’s.
That sounds like an amazing old school cross. You're a lucky person, I would be happy just to take a bag sniff of that :biggrin:
Peace, God bless

I was just listening to the Gooeybreeder interview on the The Pot Cast. He had the old school 70s Wowie that he used in his Gooey strain. He believe it's definitely some Asian genetics, and probably crossed with a Pakistani. The reason I find this kinda interesting is I just got some Snow Moon seeds which have a similar genetic background.
Does anyone know the characteristics of original Wowie? (Flavor, smell, structure, high)
I'm excited to grow out some of these Snow Moon under the Maui sun.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi hush,

I grew in the 90s the old dutch Maui version from defunct seedbank Growi. It was obviously a skunk hybrid but had a distintive and lovely strong and refined minty aroma that i relate with the hawaiian side of the hybrid, and i still miss foundly today, such minty aromas are very hard to find in today's seedlines.

90s Hawaiian Haze from the dutch coffee shops was one of my all time favorites, but as the name says it was a Haze hybrid and as far as i know unfortunately it does not longer exist.

True and legit old hawaiian pure sativas lines were extremely hard to find here in Spain (well .... they were inexistent), and when i started to swap seeds with hawaiian growers in the internet era the hawaiian strains were already heavily crossed with indicas, that's why i have never been involved in a hawaiian sativa breeding or preservation.

That being said, i still woud love to have the chance to experience the good old school pure sativa hawaiian lines, if they still exist.

Just curious. You guys have worked so many of the older landrace style genetics, so it seems like there should be an Ace Mowie Wowie or something. :dunno:

G

Gauss

You never had legit Hawaiian weed, you were given the snicklefritz :biggrin:

Pretty bold statement considering Hawaii is the best place to grow in the world outdoors. I used to grow indoor and outdoor in Cali and I would never go back. Growing in Hawaii is a dream come true if you know what you're doing.

Kentucky has the best weed in my opinion. Hawaii is fine if you can work around the constant rain, but it doesn't have the same je ne sais quoi in effect. The local Hawaiin I tried didn't impress me, though I bet home growers there know their stuff as much as they do anywhere. I think WVA has the most potential for growing in the future all things considered. In any case, to each their own.

pinkus

Veteran
I know that i sent a LOT of Highland Mexican x Blueberry F2 seeds to Maui with a friend that moved there... I'm sure that there are a lot of close to pure sats out there. :tiphat:

420empire

Veteran
Gauss can you describe what you found nice about Kentucky grass? Guess quality but is it the high or the taste really special ? :)

G

Gauss

Gauss can you describe what you found nice about Kentucky grass? Guess quality but is it the high or the taste really special ? :)

The terps are really what caught my attention, great smells and tastes. The high from it was all pretty run of the mill honestly, but I swear skunks from KY are some of the loudest and best skunks I have ever tried in my life. The most unremarkable bag I ever had while down in KY was still at least as good in regard to terps as some of the best CA I have ever had. Not that CA weed isn't great, I just think it's harder to go wrong in that regard with KY buds. I had some C99 cross that smelled like a racetrack made out of roadkill, sounds gross but good gracious was it heavenly for me as a stoner. Again, just an opinion. I'm not a KY native or anything and couldn't really tell you much else about their weed other than those things.

Kentucky has the best weed in my opinion. Hawaii is fine if you can work around the constant rain, but it doesn't have the same je ne sais quoi in effect. The local Hawaiin I tried didn't impress me, though I bet home growers there know their stuff as much as they do anywhere. I think WVA has the most potential for growing in the future all things considered. In any case, to each their own.

Can you grow year round in Kentucky? Can you finish a pure 14-16 week sativa in 5-6 weeks instead ,growing outside in Kentucky? :)

There are tons of micro climates on Hawaii, so the "constant rains" you speak of don't exist year round everywhere. Some places on the island aren't ideal but the highland where in at are perfect. Not saying Kentucky cant produce good cannabis but no way in hell I would grow in Kentucky over Maui lol

Tony21

Can you grow year round in Kentucky? Can you finish a pure 14-16 week sativa in 5-6 weeks instead ,growing outside in Kentucky? :)

There are tons of micro climates on Hawaii, so the "constant rains" you speak of don't exist year round everywhere. Some places on the island aren't ideal but the highland where in at are perfect. Not saying Kentucky cant produce good cannabis but no way in hell I would grow in Kentucky over Maui lol
Yep, some local Hawaiian knowledge seems relevant before one starts blowing any Kentucky trumpets lol

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
most all enviro’s can turn out good herb......finding the right variety for specific enviro is the answer.........

ganj on.......

Drewsif

The most unremarkable bag I ever had while down in KY was still at least as good in regard to terps as some of the best CA I have ever had. Not that CA weed isn't great, I just think it's harder to go wrong in that regard with KY buds.

Cali weed is fucking trash. They grow perfumed hay. Hadn't been in 15 years.. My God what the fuck, I still can't get over what people are smoking out west. Pure shit.

You hear so much dumb shit on these forums.. "it's da sun, Hawaiian gots da good sun". No its your unprocessed fiber crop snake oil npk super duper nutety nute nutes that got you oppressed and impressed by some Midwest reggie.

NO GROW STORES IN KY! And people die over the use of hawthorne cancer products.. Cali doesn't care about weed, never did. Only about selling drugs,cuz they couldn't make it in any other line of work.

G

Gauss

I see Tony is back to spout his firsthand experience of absolutely nothing, and contributing as much.

As far as Hawaii growing year-round, it's not that simple. As far as growing year round in many other places, it's easy with a greenhouse. There are strains which don't do well there at any time of year in any of their microenvironments. Same goes with KY, and if you note I stated that I believe WV has the most potential for great and diverse outdoor. Three guesses why. I've been to Hawaii and the weed I found was as unremarkable as it comes, not saying it to be offensive but if it offends you that's your problem.

Yea, Cali weed is in general fucking trash. I was being polite, something you might want to try, Drew. However, there are some folks with land who know how to use it, and their weed is great. I'm sure the case it true in Hawaii as well, I just didn't spend years there bumping into it by chance.

Tony21

I see Tony is back to spout his firsthand experience of absolutely nothing, and contributing as much.

/quote]

My contribution was to point out that merely visiting a place doesn't confer any explicit knowledge of local conditions. You come across as a semantically very confused person..... precision man, lol!

Your contribution seems to be elevating your personal preferences to the world's best and not being very good at locating good weed when visiting Hawaii!

G

Gauss

Teun21, I can see I no longer have to go to any length to antagonize you lol. Go ahead and just keep putting the right words in my mouth to bother you, it's fascinating at this point.

With every statement you make you only manage to undermine the input of others, not even myself. You're like a fireworks display of illegitimate postures.

If you'd like to continue this non-conversation feel free to PM me instead of wrecking another thread with your constantly wretched attitude.

Last edited: