What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's haze x Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduran x Panama, OTH Outdoors/Greenhouse

SolarLogos

Quick update

Quick update

The OTH is going along nicely. They are very tall and lanky, stretching like crazy. The one in the back is already 9 inches tall.
I have 1 Nevil's haze x Panama, the other cracked it's shell when all the others did and just laid there, never opened it's cotyledon. It's still green and just there doing nothing, so I will cull it. Not sure if I really have the room for another seed, we will see. I have 5 more Honduran x Panama that are all poked out of the ground and as soon as they spit their shells, I will update with pics. I also have 2 more Purple Satellite that are out as well. One Purple Satellite is not out yet. So far we have:
1-Nevil's Haze x Panama
6-Purple Satellite
7 Honduran x Panama
5 OTH

Here are the following updates:
De-chlorinated water only, adjusted to 6.8 pH.
Light spray 2 days ago with a mixture of neem oil and pyrethrin (that time of year here, being proactive)
Average temps in the greenhouse are 90F/32C Daytime; 55F/13C Night.
RH: 99% at night; 20-24% day. I'm not going to run the dehumidifyer, seems they like it.
Daylight: 13 Hr. 15 minutes as of today.

With the exception of the OTH, all have dark purple stalks. The smallest plant in the very center of the solo cups had really tiny leaves compared to the other and were really purple when smaller. You can still see some purple, but not as much. I will get a pic when I post the new arrivals after they spit their shells.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

Man. I’m pretty super jealous you get to grow the nev pan AND Purple Sat.. and under the sun no less!!
Give me smells vibes feelings pictures EVERYTHING! Lol I wanna grow vicariously through you:tiphat:

YukonKronic

Ugh. Dammit I want to try OTH and the Hon as well.. I seriously cannot quit thinking about this lineup. Your going to have such a freakin great two years growing and smoking these.

SolarLogos

I love your smoke stories Yukon. I have one for you, true story, I swear.
Sometime around '76, my friend and I used to smoke out with this guy, Old Man D, cool guy in his 60's that lived in a trailer up in the hills (we all live in the hills). One day, my friend scored some really trip weed from his dad's friend. We went on a Sunday to smoke with Old Man D. After smoking the joint, we started really tripping. Old Man D said he had to take a leak and walked over to some blackberry bushes. We hear this screaming and Old Man D is jumping around yelling a bumblebee stung him on the head of his dick.
My friend and I were so high, we could figure out if it was real or we were tripping. After Old Man D settled down, we left.

The next Sunday, we went back to see Old Man D, one to see if it really happened, and if so, get high and see how he was. As we were smoking a joint of that same stuff we had, Old Man D gave a pretty graphic detail of the discomfort and said the swelling had just gone down.

Suddenly, Old Man D said, I got to take a piss. He turned around and walked toward the blackberry bushes. At this time, we were tripping and I thought it was deja vu. Everything seemed in slow motion and I wanted to yell something out to him, but I couldn't or didn't. Suddenly we heard a scream and Old Man D is jumping around screaming a bumble bee stung him on the head of his dick. I was really tripping now, not just on the weed, but what just happened. I kept thinking, no way, none of this happened, it's not real. It was real btw.
True story and one of the most amazing trips I have ever been on.
Man. I’m pretty super jealous you get to grow the nev pan AND Purple Sat.. and under the sun no less!!
Give me smells vibes feelings pictures EVERYTHING! Lol I wanna grow vicariously through you:tiphat:
You bet I will. I wish there was a way we could all try someone's weed online, that would be some star trek stuff.

Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

I once sat and had coffee on the entrance to an underground wasps nest.. was working as an archeological assistant and we were in wet mossy brush on hillside overlooking Dawson City (my hometown!).
I sat for 15 minutes and didn’t get stung through long underwear work pants and rain pants.
I finished coffee and proceeded on to work when my boss walked by the spot and said “holy shit weren’t you just sitting here!?”

There was about 30 wasps buzzing angrily around a hole in the ground right in the middle of my assprint in the moss...
If I had known I’m sure the hole would have been star shaped!

Lol I heard a story in Mexico about smoking with an Old man...
My “friend” cinqo (short for cinqo nasas.... a snake called the five noses because of its heat sensing pits looking like nostrils) told me.
Cinqo moves to the beach in Tulum before many people came. In the beginning it was him and an old man far up the beach.
Cinqo wanted to make friends with the man as he was the only neighbor so he thought a good gesture would be to see if he smoked herb. Upon meeting and conversing a few times cinqo got round to introducing a joint during one of their morning visits.... well. The old mans eyes lit up and he exclaimed “my friend how has that stayed hidden for so long!? I love to smoke and pass the time!”
So Cinqo and the old man began a morning ritual of visiting and smoking and chatting and Cinqo would leave and go about a merry day as would the Old man up the beach.
Until one morning when the proverbial Doobie was proffered the Old man grew wide eyed with recollected suffering! “NO! he exclaimed! Every morning you come and we smoke and have a very good time and I am grateful but when you leave I get very hungry! And then I eat all my days food before noon!”

Fuck munchies. Keepin poor folks from loving they herb. So wrong :biggrin:

YukonKronic

Lol here’s a good un!
In Dawson where I grew up the sun shines at 2 and 3 am during June and July. My brother and I used to sneak out and smoke herb but we would get fried and feel like it was mid afternoon and start being loud ass fools waking up the whole neighbourhood at the wee hours... fuckn dog team across the street would always start up howling and then you could hear the neighbors come and scream at 15 dogs “SHUT UUUUUP!!! FUUUCK!” Then our little teenage stoner asses would laugh till we cried and try to “sneak” back in without our parents waking... ahhh shit. Good times.

Once we had a friend over so I made a 3 man hooka with a 3 gallon camping jug... brass fitting for the bowl held like an eighth but we couldn’t pack it... more than twice! We sat in a little red Toyota Tercel and hotboxed it so thick you couldn’t see the guy next to you.
When we got out I howled with laughter at our friend. He was so fried his entire face had gone slack and was just like.... hanging off the bones like a stroke victim or something.
I was so fried I couldn’t tell if it was real and I just fuckn bawled out the old horse laugh right in the poor guys face.. Lol I still remember his weird ass confused floppy face:biglaugh:

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Give me smells vibes feelings pictures EVERYTHING! Lol I wanna grow vicariously through you
tiphat.gif
Ugh. Dammit I want to try OTH and the Hon as well.. I seriously cannot quit thinking about this lineup. Your going to have such a freakin great two years growing and smoking these.
Funny, growing these strains, I feel like I'm testing for black belt, but I'm a yellow belt, trying to skip past green, blue and brown.:chin:

Besides walking the dog, I've spent the entire day with the plants. A lot of work and I will update tomorrow with what is taking place in the garden and post pictures I took today. It's getting late, I just finished with the plants in the flower room. In the veg room, all the new seeds popped their shell and are sporting their first set of new leaves. I will post them tomorrow. I also have adjusted their indoor light to only 13.5 hours a day (same as outside) and tomorrow, they go out into the greenhouse to acclimate. We officially have:
1 Nevil's haze x Panama
7 Honduran x Panama
7 Purple Satellite
5 OTH

Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

Funny, growing these strains, I feel like I'm testing for black belt, but I'm a yellow belt, trying to skip past green, blue and brown.:chin:
I know the feeling.... my very first grow was Zamaldelica and GT.... I almost tried OTH but 15 weeks on the GT already sounded impossible

SolarLogos

Update

Update

A few days ago, I noticed brown spots on the leaves of the OTH which I identify as calcium deficiency, confirmed by the lower leaves curling and tips drying. It has to be lockout from low pH, so I tested the soil and it was 5.0. I meant to ask Dubi if I was supposed to pH the soil, but I forgot, my bad, I just followed the recipe verbatim.

The peat I have isn't providing enough drainage and packs like clay, so I mixed new peat with perlite and went a little light on both ewc and quano. I added 1 cup of dolomite lime and kept it wet 3 days. After 3 days the pH is 6.5. They are all transplanted into the new soil and seem to be doing fine. They are also getting sprayed with pH water with calmag.

One big happy family.:huggg:

Brown spots on OTH. The other plants were not affected but everything is transplanted in the new soil.

The new arrivals

Have a safe and green 420 tomorrow.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Happy 42 Everyone

Happy 42 Everyone

Good morning. No update, but it's 4:20am and I just want to say, happy 420 everyone! I'm changing it up. I harvested my last GT4 clone and picked it really early, with 80% clear and have been saving this nug to try until this morning. So far, much better than my others. Just curious, what everyone else waked and baked with and are enjoying for the day. I also made some lemon lime green gummies (even bought the gummy bear shaped molds) to give out to all my friends locally.

Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

Good morning. No update, but it's 4:20am and I just want to say, happy 420 everyone! I'm changing it up. I harvested my last GT4 clone and picked it really early, with 80% clear and have been saving this nug to try until this morning. So far, much better than my others. Just curious, what everyone else waked and baked with and are enjoying for the day. I also made some lemon lime green gummies (even bought the gummy bear shaped molds) to give out to all my friends locally.

Peace, God bless

I opened a vac pack of GT (it’s all I got for homegrown at the moment) and picked a choice nug then mixed it with some Broken coasts Quadra and rolled a big ripper. Was amazing smooth Kushy GT flavour and just a little mellower and smiley than plain GT.
Then I put a gram or three of BHO made from everything in my 2018 garden into some butter with ginger cinnamon and nutmeg to cook up.
Mixed that into yogurt, cream sugar and mint and frozen blueberries and some milk and blended.
Daaaamn that was a killer smoothie. Wife and I split 3/4 of it and got proper spacey for 420. The rest is still in the fridge... tad TOO strong!
Rest of the day kinda went downhill later but I’m not ready to talk about that yet.

Good save on the low PH... I like BioChar to help with liming too. Quantities at 10-20 % of soil volume are pretty good and it improves tilth in a huuuuge way. Ha! Mind you I kind of throw clays and rock dust and such on top pretty often too..

SolarLogos

Our average High temps have been around 78F/25.5C, but in the last 3 days they have shot up to 91F/32.8C. We're supposed to drop back down after 3 days. The OTH showed a little upward curl in the afternoon, so they got moved into cooler shade and are doing fine. Transplanting them into a higher pH soil helped. They seemed to slow down growth, but are taking off again.
OTH

Purple Satellite, Nevil's haze x Panama and Honduran x Panama are doing great. Here are the first one's we put out:

Here are the new batch that came out giving us

7 HxP
7-PS
5-OTH
1-NHxP

So far, just de chlorinated water at 6.7-8 pH.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

-4 C this morning. It’s a really weirdly early spring around here.. daylight is stretching out. Gets dark around 9 or so..

Plants are looking good Sol! Glad to hear the new soil straightened things out

SolarLogos

Hi my friend subbed for this one they are going to love the green house.
Good day my friend. Did you go on your safari yet?
These are out of the greenhouse now. The temps are pretty high. Last year it did that to us also, we were in the mid 80'sF/29C and without warning, shot up to 106F/41C and stayed a week before going back down. Burned a few GT's that were new, only about a food tall while I was away for a day. The plants will do fine in extreme heat if they have been out a long time and are acclimated slowly, may slow their growth, but they will be fine. It's when the plants are young or the temps go up too fast, then they will burn.

But I'm sure there will be something in the greenhouse in fall, especially if it cools down early in fall like it did last year. Wished we could get together and smoke it all when its done!

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Update

Update

The two Honduran x Panama are developing deformed leaves. Does anyone know what causes it? They started out normal. I have the other 5 but they are just putting out their 3rd set of leaves, so I will have to keep an eye on them and see if they develop the same trait.

Here are the new comers, more HxP and PS.

The OTH seems to be fine as well, pretty stretchy. So far, only water.

We are about 13 hours 45 minutes per day
Temperatures 55/88F (12.8/31C)
RH:31

I will keep this updated.
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Good day my friend. Did you go on your safari yet?
These are out of the greenhouse now. The temps are pretty high. Last year it did that to us also, we were in the mid 80'sF/29C and without warning, shot up to 106F/41C and stayed a week before going back down. Burned a few GT's that were new, only about a food tall while I was away for a day. The plants will do fine in extreme heat if they have been out a long time and are acclimated slowly, may slow their growth, but they will be fine. It's when the plants are young or the temps go up too fast, then they will burn.

But I'm sure there will be something in the greenhouse in fall, especially if it cools down early in fall like it did last year. Wished we could get together and smoke it all when its done!

Peace, God bless
Your stuff is now primed to go crazy big time it will be a good show.

Just about to return to civilization had an awesome fishing trip.
The locals really really like the Malawi x Ethiopia cobs that are 12 months old now.
Real laughing grass its crazy good time grass.
Well they also like the Panama x Honduras but for losing your shit and pissing your pants laughing the aged M x E is the best high if you want to loose your mind for the day ha ha.
When I get back I will post a few pics of fish I caught its been a great trip in every way.
The other day on the M x E I was tripping big time and some of the guys who are smoking it say its the closest to acid they have ever had.
Ace has some good sativa highs in there collection.
I left a Purple Haze x Panama with my missus to look after. I haven't heard that it has died so it should have some nice buds growing by now.
I have several good old country boys up here that love a good smoke. I have noticed a change in them since they have been smoking the cobs. Sort of vacant and far away with a hair trigger smile from ear to ear and try not to get them laughing it attracts to much attention ha ha mostly from chicks who are looking for a good time.
Whats not to like ha ha.

SolarLogos

Your stuff is now primed to go crazy big time it will be a good show.

Just about to return to civilization had an awesome fishing trip.
The locals really really like the Malawi x Ethiopia cobs that are 12 months old now.
Real laughing grass its crazy good time grass.
Well they also like the Panama x Honduras but for losing your shit and pissing your pants laughing the aged M x E is the best high if you want to loose your mind for the day ha ha.
When I get back I will post a few pics of fish I caught its been a great trip in every way.
The other day on the M x E I was tripping big time and some of the guys who are smoking it say its the closest to acid they have ever had.
Ace has some good sativa highs in there collection.
I left a Purple Haze x Panama with my missus to look after. I haven't heard that it has died so it should have some nice buds growing by now.
I have several good old country boys up here that love a good smoke. I have noticed a change in them since they have been smoking the cobs. Sort of vacant and far away with a hair trigger smile from ear to ear and try not to get them laughing it attracts to much attention ha ha mostly from chicks who are looking for a good time.
Whats not to like ha ha.
What a great story. I'm sure you can find time to tell us more when you get back. It's good to hear from you and glad to hear you caught fish and had an awesome laughing good time, it doesn't get much better than that my friend. Wish I could have been there.
Peace, God bless

orfeas

Veteran
The two Honduran x Panama are developing deformed leaves. Does anyone know what causes it? They started out normal. I have the other 5 but they are just putting out their 3rd set of leaves, so I will have to keep an eye on them and see if they develop the same trait. [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79757&pictureid=1941229&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79757&pictureid=1941230&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Here are the new comers, more HxP and PS.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79757&pictureid=1940678&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

The OTH seems to be fine as well, pretty stretchy. So far, only water.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79757&pictureid=1940739&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
We are about 13 hours 45 minutes per day
Temperatures 55/88F (12.8/31C)
RH:31

I will keep this updated.
Peace, God bless

G' day mate!
The deformed leaves could spell two things,a minor and a major one, the former being cantankerous of a plant that will recede in due course and the latter symptoms of an invisible munching creature attack... I pray for the former... :)

:tiphat:orf

YukonKronic

G' day mate!
The deformed leaves could spell two things,a minor and a major one, the former being cantankerous of a plant that will recede in due course and the latter symptoms of an invisible munching creature attack... I pray for the former... :)

:tiphat:orf

Was my thoughts too... there’s no burn or chlorosis or anything to indicate nutritional problem... I would inspect for nasties.
I think Molybdenum deficiency can cause tips to twist as nitrate (or nitrite? I gotta read my books more often..) builds up but I also thought it would burn a bit.

Edit: heatwave cooked some roots maybe?