What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

At home euthanasia..

Bobby Boucher

My old grade school buddy told his aunt who runs a shelter an hour and a half out about the predicament, and fwiw, she commended my decision to forego the shot.

Said shots are usually gracious and painless, but things can and do go wrong in the after math, and that so long as I am not unduly prolonging her pain that inert gas is a less stressful and more thorough option.

She even went so far as to say that allowing her to pass naturally at home is almost equally as viable and humane an option as the shot, considering the complications that can arise.

But don't kill the messenger. Just what some vet said.

Bobby Boucher

With the time drawing nearer, I got all my supplies together and started double checking down the list.. and thank god.

Helium manufacturers have recently started adding 20% air due to pressure from lobbyist and of course increased profit margins.

Running to airgas. Store bought helium won’t cut it, for whatever that’s worth.

shithawk420

Veteran
Huh.and nobody finds it wierd to have euthanasia supplies just laying around " just in case"? That's fucking DR Kevorkian level shit.if someone tried to do that to me they better pray they kill me cause I'll kill them.dont care what age I am

Bobby Boucher

Dude. You are just... You are true blue. The smack talk on point. Lol.

Opted for Mercap free argon after a bit of reading. Argon and nitrogen are easier to work with due to their density. People opt for helium only because it is (was) more readily available.

Out like a light in 3 sec. Very peaceful. Very stress free.

Today was really not so bad, and in some ways that is in part thanks to you guys for giving me a place to come share. So, thank you. Thank you all for not crucifying me, and more importantly thank you for the shared stories and emotional support. Truly.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
I understand where your coming from.my dog died in my arms and I don't wanna go through that again. But I guess you guys think this shit is normal thinking so I won't say anything else.

And I don't talk " smack". I'm the real fucking deal.i say what I mean and I'll do what I say.make no mistake.i just think it's cruel and unnatural.i said all I'm gonna say. BTW I wonder what the feds would think if they found those chemicals and gasses.i swear some of you guys are just fucking dumb

Bobby Boucher

I don’t quite know what to say.

I’d have to agree with you, but none of that changes the fact that I’ve been burdened with the title of “Jonny-on-the-spot” since I can remember. Everybody and their f’n brother comes to me with all their problems expecting me to have the answers.

The only reason I am able to deliver what I can, is due to my assumption of my own bias and stupidity. It takes effort. I read the jello packet a dozen times before I open it. I don’t assume much, and when I do, I pay for it.

I like you. I enjoy your straightforwardness. I value your opinions. We’re kind of neighbors. You’re assumption of my stupidity is dead on. Ts’all I gotta say.

Bobby Boucher

I’m sure it is. It’s probably illegal here too. Death is a dangerous business that I wouldn’t trust in many hands. And legalizing such a thing could enable some really sick fuckers to do some really sick things.

However, I felt that this is a special group here of self sufficient people who are already versed in handling chemicals, quarantine procedures, biological ruckus, etc. Many I’m sure live in the boonies, and simply opt for a pistol when it’s time to put their animals down.

I’ma bow out here gracefully though while I still have a chance.

Thanks again, guys.

shithawk420

Veteran
I apologise.ive gotta lot of animosity.ive delt with horses and llamas,dogs cats you name it.i didn't mean to call you stupid.i just think mature should take it's course if it has to happen.but I'm serious as hell if the feds found those kinda chemicals and gasses,good forbid you had a grow and guns.its game fucking over.

BTW I sleep with the last dog I'll probably ever have.i can only love dogs.its just my way.but I'll be damned if I'm the one to push the needle.its just my opinion and it's my right to express my opinion.if you wanna see my dog that I love it should be in my album.his name is Odin,Odie for Short

shithawk420

Veteran
Sorry for the animosity.had a memory of my first dog and wanted to cry.ill tell ya,25 llamas dead puts a toll on your soul.not that I believe in the soul.but it broke my heart to burn the dead animals on the pyre.thats reality and it's what we had to do.few more drinks and I'll probably cry about it.is what it is." Sob"

Bobby Boucher

I haven’t eaten yet, but I’ll pour a few fingers of Makers to drink with you in spirit.

Animals are so innocent, and their lives are so finite. It’s a kick in the throat I feel almost everyday.

After the bombs fall, the truth still stands. I like to believe that our lives and actions reverberate to the end of the cosmos, and our animals will always exist with us in the space and time we shared together.

Linear time implies too much futility in our lives, and begs for some unrealistically wishful and magical thinking. Personally, I’m not a fan of the theory.

The earth could blow up into a million pieces, doesn’t change the good or the bad that we have done, or take away the lives we already lived. At least.. that’s the direction my thinking likes to point me in.

Bobby Boucher

Hugs from afar though man..

You’ve clearly got a big ol’ heart, and a keen sense of empathy.

Kudos.

Drunk as fuck.. slammed 100 ml in 10 minutes.

T’s the fuckin way she goes.

shithawk420

Veteran
Well said bro Drunk as fuck.thats way she goes.sometimes she goes sometime she don't.fucking Ray! Lol " I'm gonna need 2 quarts Jim!