What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Microgrow

RaZoR!

Added some more lights. I now have 5 x 23 watts and 1 42 watt. I would of had 2 but one of the 42s is was broken. Kind of a bummer, but not the end of the world. Getting 5400 lumens per square foot now. The new light setup is cool looking. Pics soon.

RaZoR!

You are way past the point where they are likely to fail.

You should see flowers too.

I am almost a week in. Upped the lights and I am super ready to see them pop out! I have been bending to control the height and it seems to be working quite well.

RaZoR!

A few hours from being exactly a week. They are both approximately 9 inches from the soil (10 or 11 if it weren't for training) I still see new shoots coming up and everytime I see something growing , I think its pistils, but then it ends of being just new tops. How long before I will know? Should be in the next few days. I even sealed my cab even more to make sure I wasn't getting any leaks. 157 watts of CFL in a 2 square foot area.

RaZoR!

Day 7 of 12/12

Stretching began. They have already grown 3-4 inches in a week. Both are 10 inches tall. Still have not seen any visible pistils, I see some calyx shaped things on the nodes , but still no pistils.

Please let me know yours thoughts people.

Attachments

• IMG_0630[1].jpg
    IMG_0630[1].jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0631[1].jpg
    IMG_0631[1].jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 17

RaZoR!

Just noticed my timer was on 12 1/2 hours on 11 1/2 off. Just fixed it to 12/12 exactly. Did this effect my flowering?

RaZoR!

Should not make a difference.
I am concerned. I am on Day 9 of flowering and still haven't seen anything. I had to defoliate some fan leaves that stretched and touched the lights while I was away. I also think I was wrong about being a strong indica. These things are super stretchy.

MicroRoy

I am concerned I I was wrong about being a strong indica. These things are super stretchy.

The leaves do seem longer and thinner.

With your low height. You might want to start your bends about two inches above the top of the pots. Might even clip the stems to the rim of the pot.

RaZoR!

The leaves do seem longer and thinner.

With your low height. You might want to start your bends about two inches above the top of the pots. Might even clip the stems to the rim of the pot.

I will have to tomorrow. Lights are off now. Hopefully something will happen in the next few days. I have also heard about giving Sativas 11/13 instead of 12/12. Apparently a DJ short trick.

RaZoR!

I wonder what strain it is? It came from some super fire nugs. They only thing I know forsure is that it is some OG or something in the Chem family. It had like 3 seeds over a few ounces. Wouldn't that make it an S1 of whatever it was if it hermed or is more likely that a male pollinated? I guess we can also add that it is a very green sativa. It likes water.

MicroRoy

Has it got any smell yet?

Rub your finger and thumb over a fan leaf. Then smell your finger. It should start giving hints of smell.

RaZoR!

Has it got any smell yet?

Rub your finger and thumb over a fan leaf. Then smell your finger. It should start giving hints of smell.

The stems do. The leaves don't smell with your nose up to but after touching yes. I trained the fuck out of both plants tonight. I got them down to 4-5 inches tall after the ties.

MicroRoy

The stems do. The leaves don't smell with your nose up to but after touching yes. I trained the fuck out of both plants tonight. I got them down to 4-5 inches tall after the ties.

Hope it's about done stretching. It should hit the flowering stage soon.

TheScrogFrog

Those should produce nice little colas.

Depending on the age of the plant when it was put into flower, it can take up to 2 weeks or more to show sex. Wouldn't worry. No the light schedule being 12.5/11.5 won't matter, continue on as nothing happened. If you have a more mature plant in veg say 40 days from seed it will show sex much sooner in flower, but it will also show preflowers in veg.

Took me many years to figure out how to sex in veg, I found growing in smaller containers that plants will show sex faster. Just a trick if you're in a time crunch for sexing plants. You also need good vision or a magnifying glass.

Best of luck.