What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Microgrow

MicroRoy

You are looking great so far.

You might cut down on your veg time. They will Stretch after you switch to12/12.

MicroRoy

If you are going into the three sqiare foot cab.
With screens to tie it down.

250 watt hps will get hot. Ypu will need 18 inches from the top of the plants and the light.

How tall is your cabinet and your pots?

RaZoR!

If you are going into the three sqiare foot cab.
With screens to tie it down.

250 watt hps will get hot. Ypu will need 18 inches from the top of the plants and the light.

How tall is your cabinet and your pots?

Well I have a few options

My veg cab is 2feetx1feetx18inches

My potential flower cab is 34 x 16x32 I remember correctly. This was the original plan, but I have just realized I have a 3x2x6 place that I could easily use a 250w. I was also debating using a 150 hps original sized flowering cab, but the options are a little overwhelming.

RaZoR!

Actually I just double checked it, my original "flowering cab" is 30x14x27.

What is my best option for that much room?

or should I goes all out and put a 250 in a 3x2( can be reduced to 2x2)?

MicroRoy

I don't think that will be tall enough for a high presure sodium. You'll need the height of your lite fixture plus the 18 inches between the plants and the bulb.Plus the hight of the plants Plus the height of the pots.

You might consider flowering with this cab and the CFL's.
It would give you time to get a nice cabinet together.For your next grow.

You will need to keep light from leaking into your cab after you flip to 12/12.

MicroRoy

If that is 3ft. wide by 2ft deep and 6 ft tall. It should be great for 250 watts.

Your plants will naturaly want to grow towards the light. Make yourscreens fit the profile of your light's footprint.

The extra space will help with heat issues.

My first grow was one plant in a 1 gallon pot under one 100 watt bulb hanging next to my water heater. I never have used a screen.

RaZoR!

If that is 3ft. wide by 2ft deep and 6 ft tall. It should be great for 250 watts.

Your plants will naturaly want to grow towards the light. Make yourscreens fit the profile of your light's footprint.

The extra space will help with heat issues.

My first grow was one plant in a 1 gallon pot under one 100 watt bulb hanging next to my water heater. I never have used a screen.

3 feet wide , 2 feet deep, and actually 7 feet.:woohoo:

I think this is what I am going to do. 250 here I come. Plus I could veg longer and not have to worry about it getting too tall.

MicroRoy

Yes.

Take a clone from each plant. Then if it turns out great ypu will have a mother to start future clones from.

MicroRoy

Sounds like a plan.

As far as ventilation issues, could I get away with just using fans and good circulation?

Not sure about that. I But not likley.
At the very least it would need a vent in the top and bottom. 250 watts is a lot of heat.

Plants need fresh air too.They suck in water and breath out water. The humidty would go up without air exchange.

RaZoR!

Not sure about that. I But not likley.
At the very least it would need a vent in the top and bottom. 250 watts is a lot of heat.

Plants need fresh air too.They suck in water and breath out water. The humidty would go up without air exchange.

Well its a bathroom closet with a regular door. Could I run the ventilation through the door or place a AC vent above the door?

MicroRoy

What 250 do you recommend? Should I go for a combo HPS/MH unit or just a standalone HPS?

I have never used either. In the old days it was incandescent bulbs. Then I went to t5 floresents then to compact floresents. If I do another cab it will be LED's.

If you could leave the door open while the lights are on it would keep it as cool as the bathroom. But you would need to keep it closed and light proof during lights out.

RaZoR!

Getting Bushy!

Attachments

• IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1395.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 27

RaZoR!

I am going to 12/12 tonight. Both are 5.5 inches with and plant two is maybe 10 inches wide from the fan leaves. I will just CFL this grow. Just put in 4 x 23 watts. Plan to get some clamps and splitters and a few 42watts. Trying to get close to 200 watts this go. Hoping for an oz if I have two females. Really just a test run to see how it goes.

Last edited:

MicroRoy

Personaly I would flower them in the pots they are in. They are a long way from filling them.

They would be set back a bit from transplanting.

Then you have a short time to flower. It will take a week or two to get into full flower after you hit 12/12.

I have never used a pot over gallon sized. I keep my grows small.