What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

Bmac1

Veteran
Fk1O108.jpg

Well done man. Im pulling up a seat. Loving the strain selection.

Scrappy-doo

:lurk: what's the specs on the setup? Beautiful buds ...

5x5x4 under the stairs stealth cab. 600 bare bulb vert. Perpetual. Veg is a stealth cfl cab. Pretty minimalist. I'm not able to be there much so I mostly just step aside and let them do their thing.

Semi- organic soil atm. Light Promix based mix with occasional topdressing and supplementing with PBP if needed. Working my way towards building a good low maintenance complete soil for this garden. Still lots to learn but I like it.

I don't think there's much else coming down for another month or so, but I'll be posting up some bud shots from a recent harvest in the meantime.

Last edited:

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Nice thread bro.It makes me happy and proud that you still run my LarryDog...I bread her grew her and selected that clone about 4 years ago now I think...The lineage is Elite's sour larry (lemon larry clone x sour diesel v3) father was Killer Chem...that pheno I dubbed frost monster and she has a chemmy type nose and taste profile to me...Super stoaked she keeps getting a spot..There are no more beans left and that is the only representation of the cross but it's proof that if you do it right the 1st time you can expect some keeper plants..

Scrappy-doo

GWB- thanks for stopping by and filling us in. Yes she does have a mostly chem profile but some of the buds have this real sweet lemony candy smelll that's hard to miss, as I'm sure you noticed from that sample bud. If it comes out in the flavor once she's dry and consumed let me know, I value your opinion and that well seasoned palate you have.

Tleaf Jr- I usually stuff in as many as I can. I've had up to 20 or so in there at one time. Probably around 15 or so atm.

I'm actually trying to figure out how exactly I'm gonna put more light in there. I tried a 1k this past summer but it got too hot, but more than that I think it just wasn't possible to get foliage far enough away from the bulb so there was some burn on anything in line with the center of it. Might try to stack another 6 in there to really utilize the wall space right up to the top. As of now at the very top there's a lack of light and so I'm keeping top colas about 6 inches down. Stacking may work well and hopefully I can still avoid all the intensity concentrated from a single point.

Scrappy-doo

Hell yea ggg she's been in the rotation ever since she was born about 4 years ago. This girl isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I only wish I still had beans or had collected pollen back then so I could preserve her.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Word Scrappy, that's for dropping me the hit about this thread, looks like your rocking out with that bare vert 600w!!

Excited to see your grow skills & wonderful photos.

Cheers,
BeL

Scrappy,

Would you ever self - pollinate her? It would save soooooo much time over BX-ing again and again.. I know some folks dont like selfing plants what about you.

Larry dog? Im guessing the genetics are (lemon larry x chemdawg) or (lemon larry x stardawg)?? Either way it looks excellent as well

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Chunky buds! A stack would def be better than the single 1k .. Apollo ballast turned to 750 w stacked on top will also do the job :tiphat:

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man great showcase of some great strains and im digging your keeper selections from seed. Keep on keeping on
Peace

Scrappy-doo

Scrappy,

Would you ever self - pollinate her? It would save soooooo much time over BX-ing again and again.. I know some folks dont like selfing plants what about you.

Yes I will most likely reverse her and make S1's. I really would like some male pollen from the same line but since that's not available I have no problem creating fems.

Larry dog? Im guessing the genetics are (lemon larry x chemdawg) or (lemon larry x stardawg)?? Either way it looks excellent as well

It's [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Elite's sour larry (lemon larry clone x sour diesel v3)[/FONT]x Killer Chem (Reservoir Seeds), made by George W Bush circa 2010.

Chunky buds! A stack would def be better than the single 1k .. Apollo ballast turned to 750 w stacked on top will also do the job :tiphat:

Yeah I think you're right. Definitely going to do a stack in there. Might need to run cool tubes if it get's too hot but I'll make it work.

Budelight, sonofsour, critter... Welcome!

More to come.

Scrappy-doo

Hmm... Not sure why these pics are turning out like this. On my laptop they're crisp and clear but once I upload them they end up a little blurry. Sorry bout that I'll see if I can figure out what's going on with this camera.