What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Cvh

Supermod
ngakpa please come back.

Many people here on the forum really like your input and your vast knowledge of the landraces subject.
I'm (and many others) are always reading your posts and we learn something new from you everyday.

We need you back. I'm not sure what the reason is, but don't let the trolls and idiots get you down.
The majority of the people here are good people and many are your fans.

Please just come back.

Sunshineinabag

This is why I've never voted in my life. Politics has caused so many wars. :mad:

Lol religion/politics .....designed and created by humans...the most destructive species in this planet hands down.
Of all the cultivars rsc offers.....which one would be exposed to the most uvb ? Any ideas?

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Lol religion/politics .....designed and created by humans...the most destructive species in this planet hands down.
Of all the cultivars rsc offers.....which one would be exposed to the most uvb ? Any ideas?

Nepal & Indian cultivars, from the equator like Congo, Colombian, Mexican etc

Sunshineinabag

I imagine all the Tropical Sativas must get a lot of UV light. You planning on using UV light supplementation?

I'm intrigued by the newer led lighting....I'm thinking the color rendering index would be beneficial to use...my prob is the only lights I can find w 90 cri are screw in LEDs that require large amounts of single bulbs to achieve higher end brightness.
That being said I truly believe my elders had me on the right path with the Afghani/ uzbecki cultivars they grew guerilla up here. I then went to the biggest college town here and ended up in indica Dom overload...elders passed away....greed took over my elders partners and I lost interest.
My interest has been resparked.Id love to be able to do these justice:thank you:

troutman

Seed Whore
I'm intrigued by the newer led lighting....

I'm testing out my 1st LED now and it's a SF4000 with dimmer knob built-in. I have another SF4000 when I expand things.
It has some IR LED's in the panel and they say it helps speed up Phytochrome conversion which allows the plants to
produce a greater yield. I do like the fact that they produce a lot less heat than MH. There's 4 types of LED bulbs in
the panel. Warm White Light 3000K, Blue Light 5000K, Red Light 660nm and IR 760nm. I like what I see thus far.

Rembetis

I am running two Hortilux 600 Eye Blue MH's. One is in an air cooled hood. The other is in a small open fixture and is only run for part of the day.

I have done well with only one air cooled 600 in a 4x4 tent but at 37.5 per watts per sq. ft. I felt it was a bit low for Tropicals. The air cooled hood let me get down close so the intensity was good but I really wanted to get closer to what Sativas really need. Also being winter I am opening windows to keep it cooler similar to a high mountain environment. I havent sampled any yet to see if it is having any effect.

Rembetis

Hortilux always talks about Spectrum on their bulbs. I dont recall seeing Kelvin numbers. Here is the spectrum on the 600 Blue MH. They told me that my air cooled hoods glass was blocking the UV so I added an open fixture for a second bulb to add the UV

5 wk

picture.php

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
I consider myself fairly informed and I had never heard of that meme either. Maybe it was a bad day and he will cool down and re join us in time. I would think that he would want to keep up with the people growing out his strains.

this is what I would think too. would still love to know more about the congo heirloom and how it compares to all the other congos out there like Ace congo #3, LMN version, roberts creek etc

Last edited:

funkyhorse

These are 2 different TRSC Congo girls after 37 days in the flower room. TRSC Kongolese show sex between 18-30 days and they have stretched x7 so far and keep going up. Big internode distance
picture.php
picture.php

My two Kongo boys showed sex after 18 days and both hermied at the same time 12 days later, they are kaput

picture.php

Hempy McNoodle

Since we are talking LEDs, I will add that I have been using two Optic 1XL lights and they have been growing great plants. My concern is the trichome development. I need to do a few more runs to be sure, but I feel like the trichs don't mature very well or do not go milky. I will try some different strains and see.

Hempy McNoodle

These are 2 different TRSC Congo girls after 37 days in the flower room. TRSC Kongolese show sex between 18-30 days and they have stretched x7 so far and keep going up. Big internode distance
View Image View Image

My two Kongo boys showed sex after 18 days and both hermied at the same time 12 days later, they are kaput

View Image

Thanks for posting this, funkyhorse! Very cool. I have some Congo beans stored away for the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwciNb-BZIk
Here^ is a documentary of Congolese cannabis hunting. I am not a fan of these particular folks, but I did enjoy watching. I'm guessing this will be a low yielding strain.