What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

therevverend

Veteran
Speak of the devil. The Sinai I photographed has balls today dammit. Don't mind a male Sinai but my females won't be ready for two months.
The wild card with the Leb and Sinai is CBD levels. Any breeding program has to account for that potential and it's impossible to tell which way a male goes without lab testing. You could smoke it and some people swear by it but I wouldn't trust something so subjective.

CannaZen

:) Yeah my lebanese had a white fly infestation going on indoors but the leaves and stems became sticky from some sort of substance being emitted from the plant, smoke test of dried leaf was not fruitful but the rumor was that the leb had thcv presence during the vegetative stage that was showing up on tests. (thcv doesnt really activate thc receptors) I would buy a test kit and analyze the leaves but they're still too expensive for me right now.

I'll be growing the Lebanese and Chitrali seeds i have, I wanted to breed something other than the afghans and I'm looking to isolate the full indica expressions after future investigation maybe put them together.

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Speak of the devil. The Sinai I photographed has balls today dammit. Don't mind a male Sinai but my females won't be ready for two months.
The wild card with the Leb and Sinai is CBD levels. Any breeding program has to account for that potential and it's impossible to tell which way a male goes without lab testing. You could smoke it and some people swear by it but I wouldn't trust something so subjective.

Beam's quick and dirty CBD assay test :tiphat:

troutman

Seed Whore

What I sometimes do when I want to delay males is to put them under vegetative light the minute they show sex.

This gives the females more time to be ready.

thejact55

I find via smoke test, lebanese has a decently even effect of cbd and thc, it doesnt get me super stoned. Chitrali has some phenos that display a cbd effect, some even with little thc feeling. That strain is all over. Sinia seems to be more thc leaning, i cant detect much else, but its hard to tell once they hit "x" amount of thc.

not real proof, but i smoke cbd buds ive grown (no idea where they are at cbd wise though) and bags tested by the pot shops locally 90% of the time anymore. Im quite thc sensitive anymore, so i feel i have a decent guage on the effects.

ngakpa

Veteran
Well the Sinai is 29° N and the Leb is 34° N so its maybe 3 or 6 weeks behind? Imo you need a lot of seeds to start with to find a male and female both with the cbd or thc dominance from these.

hi - this is misleading

latitude does not correlate precisely with flowering time, so it's not an accurate guide

all the 'Middle Eastern' strains are fast - Sinai, Turkish, Syrian, Lebanese

also, the Nanda Devi, which is a Himalayan strain, is fast, but not compact

the original Durban Poison from Ed Rosenthal and Mel Frank is also a fast strain

W

Water-

ngakpa

are the really big seeds in Nanda Devi packs more likely to have genes from non charas making plants (fiber) that grow in the area, as oppossed to the smaller seeds?

I remember you mentioning something like that once on another site a few years back.

just wondering as i am about to pop some seeds.

thanks

ngakpa

Veteran
ngakpa

are the really big seeds in Nanda Devi packs more likely to have genes from non charas making plants (fiber) that grow in the area, as oppossed to the smaller seeds?

I remember you mentioning something like that once on another site a few years back.

just wondering as i am about to pop some seeds.

thanks

hi - there aren't any non-charas strains in the area

I can't give you a definitive answer

most likely the big seeds come from the earliest pollen that landed on the plant

it's concievable that it is also pollen from the multipurpose variety grown in the same area, which is a distinct strain from this one though there has certainly been some intermixing of genes going on between the two

W

Water-

thanks,

on your web site it says:

"The villages which grow this strain regard it as a special charas strain cultivated only for the purpose of making charas, and farmers believe it has a better, stronger high than the other large seeded strains (known as 'dati') which they also cultivate. "

are the Nanda Devi strain seeds big and the "dati" huge?

im not comlplaing, the seeds i got as a gift. so i have no worries.

just interested.

I think i remember Chimera saying that the size of the seed is not related to the father but the size of the sacks that the mother produces.

but i could be totally wrong about that.

aloha

Last edited:

squatty

Happy to read the Sinai x Lebanese discussion here. I've got a pack of RSC Sinai and some Lebanese x (Gorilla Grape x Nepalese) from Oregon Green Seed. I thought they might make nice babies!

Sivas

Nanda devi

Nanda devi

Nanda devi from TRSC in my guerilla garden this year, the growth structure is even so I am hoping for a female. All my plants are a bit pale because of the almost evey day rain we are experiencing.

ngakpa

Veteran
thanks,

on your web site it says:

"The villages which grow this strain regard it as a special charas strain cultivated only for the purpose of making charas, and farmers believe it has a better, stronger high than the other large seeded strains (known as 'dati') which they also cultivate. "

are the Nanda Devi strain seeds big and the "dati" huge?

im not comlplaing, the seeds i got as a gift. so i have no worries.

just interested.

I think i remember Chimera saying that the size of the seed is not related to the father but the size of the sacks that the mother produces.

but i could be totally wrong about that.

aloha

I'm not a botanist, but I can tell you this:

There are three types of cannabis in the village: 'Nanda Devi', 'dati', and feral plants

All three stay distinct and keep their defining traits despite obviously swapping genes through pollen every year

Nanda Devi seeds are typically medium sized to medium-small

Dati are typically medium-large to very large

If you have some large seeds in your bag of Nanda Devi that doesn't mean much --- it's either from pollen hitting the plant early in growth or I guess from dati pollen

But the point is that this ND strain seems to stay distinct even when hybridised with the feral and dati strain in the same village

CannaZen

Lebanese Indica #1

Lebanese Indica #1

May 21

Initially these were indoor clones from a re-vegetating plant with with about 13 or 14 hours of light, I think this was a few days to a week after i brought them out, The stems became purple during acclimation but that subsided as it grew. one of the leb seed plants had deep purple while growing under t5/w blue/UV lamps.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

May 26

picture.php

May 28

picture.php

To be continued...

CannaZen

Yes she is!

I'm growing 3 clones, indoors this plant was very cylindrical/compact branching big thick stems she grew so tall she was falling over from weight there wasn't enough wind the root plant size ratio, i had them in vegetation for too long.

It looks like a bunch of sativa/hemp seeds were warped together in uniform at high altitudes with low annual rainfall in a climate where it were a struggle to reach threshold size, I think its wild the way she grows. I mean she seems reminiscent of kush, its definitely an indica cultivar. BTW, According to an research analysis, Indica is genetically more related with hemp than 'marijuana hybrids' or cannabis sativa.

To be honest i wasn't sure initially the way she grew reminded me of an 'afghanica', In the sense of an Indica Sativa Hybrid but I think that term is like an oxymoron in that it only seems to apply with afghanistan cultivars.

I Wonder if they may take on the classic christmas tree form that they were grown from seed directly from the soil, Some of the branching is growing out the side from under the bottom.

May 14

picture.php

June 23

Blue Hemp?

picture.php

picture.php

June 25

picture.php

June 28

picture.php

Last edited:

CannaZen

Lebanese Indica Hash Plants

Lebanese Indica Hash Plants

Before i got into cannabis The first time i was looking to buy seeds I wanted to grow the giant Indica spear leaves. Beqaa Valley is 34N 1,000 meters above sea level, i'm in a mountain valley at 48N, 2,950′ Altitude. Its been quite windy, The main fan leaf stems are very thick!

Mission Accomplished!

June 28

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Could there be potential for larger leaves in further generations?

July 01

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts