What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking with your pets? Opinions? Share your stories?

N

nicktaste

Many cats enjoy a small puff, however if they go outside it makes it much easier for them to be killed if they are suffering a loss of coordination. :(

An extremely hyper dog can be calmed with a small puff.

For the most part, I don't recommend it for pets in other than the most limited use.

Croissant

like 10 years ago I saw a dog take a hit off a pipe in costa rica when some guy would hold the pipe up to its mouth.

Flying Goat

wow goats cant eat cannibis?? damn. I got some bumpkin family members who own a goat and poultry auction house and everytime ive gone there to help them out I see the goats eat everything they can get thier mouths on. I mean everything. Wood metal paper plastic.

Dave - They don't actually EAT those things - they just like to nibble/chew on them... Contrary to popular belief, goats do not eat tin cans... They just like to peel the paper off & eat that.

If a goat gets wood, metal or plastic into their stomach, it can kill them by disrupting rumination or blocking an outlet from the stomach...

When I was driving from Ararat, Victoria, Australia to Telopea Downs (6 hours) bringing a couple goats home, we stopped at a McDonald's for a bite. Went thru the drive-thru with the girls in the back of my LandCruiser... I got them each a salad... Picky bitches - all they would eat was my french fries, the receipt & the sacks... Silly creatures!

We sure got some funny looks driving thru Horsham & Ballarat...

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the post about not feeding stalks to goats. I have fed very thin stalks to mine, but generally just feed excess leaf & trash...
Just spreading the love....

And I love me some goaties!

I hope to retire and run a small goat farm one day.:artist:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some dogs like hashish while other dogs prefer marijuana,,, it really does depend on their upbringing :D

and some dogs just love to eat seedlings when your not looking :biglaugh:

beejaybug

my doggie totally gets high from the second hand smoke. he even tripped out once, it took a while to notice it, but i was hanging with friends and we all realized it was happening. since then i try to keep it from him, cause it does hit their metabolisms differently!

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
well quick lil story.. My neighbor has two dogs boxer & pitbull. Well these are just backyard dogs. I rately see him out there with them or feeding them.. i dont see a water bucket.. So i always when outside gettin high cos my 6yr old is to dayum nosey.. i take left over food and feed them. NOW i know table food is not good for them BUT, either is dieing of hunger or dehydration.. So anyhow as soon as i open the door they are hangin over the fence paws over like they are at the bar...

I also noticed when we get home and they, the neighbor dogs hear us after were inside i can hear the pitbull barking and yelping. If i look out the window he is hanging over the wall looking at the door.. Wanting food.. And NOW im starting to think puffage, cos i do get him high, the boxer wants not to partake. but the pitty loves it... so we puff and eat together.. lmfao.. Also this bastard used to hate me, and never NEVER ever let me even get close to pettin him, now he allows it.. I still dont trust him fully but were gettin tight like that.. I sometimes blow puffs at my pitbull he done mind it he chills with me doesnt bounce.. Anyhow puff puff puff pass over to tuffnuff the pitbull felon... peace n puffs..

sackO

Last edited:

ithinkiam

well quick lil story.. My neighbor has two dogs boxer & pitbull. Well these are just backyard dogs. I rately see him out there with them or feeding them.. i dont see a water bucket.. So i always when outside gettin high cos my 6yr old is to dayum nosey.. i take left over food and feed them. NOW i know table food is not good for them BUT, either is dieing of hunger or dehydration.. So anyhow as soon as i open the door they are hangin over the fence paws over like they are at the bar...

I also noticed when we get home and they, the neighbor dogs hear us after were inside i can hear the pitbull barking and yelping. If i look out the window he is hanging over the wall looking at the door.. Wanting food.. And NOW im starting to think puffage, cos i do get him high, the boxer wants not to partake. but the pitty loves it... so we puff and eat together.. lmfao.. Also this bastard used to hate me, and never NEVER ever let me even get close to pettin him, now he allows it.. I still dont trust him fully but were gettin tight like that.. I sometimes blow puffs at my pitbull he done mind it he chills with me doesnt bounce.. Anyhow puff puff puff pass over to tuffy the pitbull felon... peace n puffs..

sackO

Cannabis brings people and animals alike together! lol. I tried to let my cat sniff my plants and she was just like... *stares back at me* Maybe once the plants flower and the smell is more potent she will be all about it! haha.

beejaybug

I also noticed when we get home and they, the neighbor dogs hear us after were inside i can hear the pitbull barking and yelping. If i look out the window he is hanging over the wall looking at the door.. Wanting food.. And NOW im starting to think puffage, cos i do get him high, the boxer wants not to partake. but the pitty loves it... so we puff and eat together.. lmfao.. Also this bastard used to hate me, and never NEVER ever let me even get close to pettin him, now he allows it.. I still dont trust him fully but were gettin tight like that.. I sometimes blow puffs at my pitbull he done mind it he chills with me doesnt bounce.. Anyhow puff puff puff pass over to tuffy the pitbull felon... peace n puffs..

sackO
wow. i like the second part of your story, but the first made me soooo sad. ;...( what is wrong with the owner? that is soooo messed up!!!! so r u just gonna keep taking care of them like that, which is awesome by the way, or are you gonna say anything at all? sorry im just really upset at the thought of someone doing that!!!

M

Marywanna

Tell your neighbor to feed his goddam dogs,the piece of shit.:lightning: Tuffy is a cool dog.

Sparkitup77

My 5 yr old choc. lab will find me when I'm smoking and sit next to me and as I'm exhaling she'll start licking the Air.....I know that sounds weird. she's been doing that since she was a pup.....My 2 yr old ate my stash and couldn't walk for a couple hours.....it was sad....now if he hears or sees the bag he goes in the other way...

Flying Goat

I remember when my raccoon was just 6 months old... If I were smoking, she would come up on my chest & use her hands to "pry" my mouth open to get a puff... When I opened my mouth, she'd stuff her entire pointy little snout in there & when I began blowing smoke for her, she'd lick the roof of my mouth! An extremely weird sensation, to say the least!

These days, she's expecting & a bit testy when I try to enter her doman (my barn, where I must unfortunately keep feed for "other" animals. I have to greet her with an offering of cornbread or bacon or something to get permission to feed the other animals... Hahaha.

Recently, we have adopted Festus, a 5 y.o. donkey/burro cross who had been abused. He's coming around now with all the love & attention, scratching & brushing, & of course, when I smoke I hang out by his pasture wall & he pokes his head over demanding a sniff... No shotguns for him, tho... I do have my standards. I let him eat the roach instead.

Duh! Forgot about last night - ShadowCat was having kittens on our bed... (on top of LOTS of "animal towels"). It was her first litter & she was pretty nervous & upset. A small dab of cannabutter (about the size of 1/4 sugar cube) dissolved in a dish of warm goat's milk (which she loves & demands when I have my coffee in AM)... did the trick. She relaxed & started purring, then got down to business & quit fighting the contractions... Now she's relaxing with her 5 new kittens - future mousers & barn cats. If they're 1/2 as good as their mama, they'll be great. She is a "retriever cat," meaning she will kill & bring her prey to the fat old male cats, lay it in front of them, & go back in the woods for more. She always presents me with a field rat or mouse on the kitchen windowsill... (outside if I'm lucky).

;-)

I need some advice... I think my dog likes to get high.

I need some advice... I think my dog likes to get high.

First of all, let me say I've had dogs since I can remember, and it always pissed me off when people would blow smoke in an animal's face. More often than not, the dog/cat/parrot/goat/rat/hamster/rabbit/horse would respond in a way that obviously indicated they did not like the smoke.

However, I adopted another dog recently. For the last several weeks, every time I light a joint she gets all up in my face and keeps her nose a few inches away from the jay until she's had enough, and then she goes back to wherever she had previously made herself comfortable. I've caught her licking the rolling surface, chewing on/eating stems, and I'm sure that if I left weed out, she would eat it - which I'm pretty sure wouldn't be good for her.

What the fuck?
Of all the people to have a dog that seems to like weed, it just had be me. I've smoked weed around tons of dogs, but none of them have ever shown any interest like this. My friend's pet rat did though - but he didn't eat it, he just hoarded stems and little bits and pieces of bud in his little log-home.

Anyways.

If I blow me smoke in a different direction, she'll move into its path... so I decided why the fuck not. She's stoked on it and she knows when she's had enough, so I may as well let her do her thing.

What about you? Do you have, have you had, or have you ever encountered any pets that are attracted to weed?

C

cork144

yea my dogs stolen my weed afew times, lucky for me i dont realy have a great deal at a time, she wont come up for the smoke, but will steal a nugget if she can.

gotta love pets, even if they are bastards somtimes

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
What about you? Do you have, have you had, or have you ever encountered any pets that are attracted to weed?

I had a cat who LOVED cat nip and would usually get a little dish of catnip whenever I was smoking. Occasionally he would approach the pipe/bong and sniff delicately at the smoke. But he didn't like it blown too close to him.

He lived to be about 14 and survived several cross-country moves.

LeenieBean

My parrot LOVES the weed... seriously he's greedy over the stuff. Both green plants and smoke. If he sees me with smoking paraphenalia of any kind he coughs -its not his cough, he's imitating me and it sounds just like a person coughing after a toke. He dances around his cage and starts getting louder and louder until I let him out. He goes after the smoke, and has figured out where it comes from, and apparently how to draw it in- I think he likes the taste on his tongue you'll see him trying to grab the pipe and wiggles his tongue all around the hole trying to get at it. I have to put him away when I'm doing anything with my plants or he dangles off my bangs in front of my face trying to grab at the leaves. I doubt any of this stuff is good for the man but he's hooked on the stuff. We'll I guess he's a boy after my own heart.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pets have TWO types of behavior, instinctual & learned. instinctual behavior would normally tell an animal to flee from smoke/fire, learned behavior on the other hand might attract your pet to you when you get stoned.

when you get your pants on, grab the house keys and the leash your dog KNOWS it's going for a walk and will act excited, but let's say instead of walking your dog you BEAT it every time with that leash it would run away from you anytime you grabbed your pants; if you did the pants/keys/leash thing and then sat down to a long casual breakfast every morning BEFORE walking your dog it would have a near zero reaction to you grabbing your pants. Learned behavior.

Finally, you sit and get stoned at home with your pet(s) present, you're very likely @ your mellowest, sitting in your favorite chair or couch and almost certainly willing to share those mellow vibes with your best furry buddy, it's no friggin' wonder your pet is attracted to you when you get high, YOU (whoever you are) have mistaken this learned behavior as some sort of acceptance or even yearning for cannabis in your pets.

If every time you got high you sat and glared & yelled at your TV set for an hour your dog wouldn't come near you nor would it run from you knowing your anger would be vented elsewhere, it would have ZERO interest in weed.

If you beat that dog with your bong do you still think it would still come running for a 'hit', I don't friggin' think so, it would run the other way when you reached for the bong.

OK, so now you think your buddy wants to get high so you buzz him up while he's sitting near you, he makes some faces, licks his nose and squints his eyes while you already being stoned laugh heartily. You've now LOCKED him into your world, if it's one thing animals know & understand it's human emotions, laughter and joy are contagious so expect your animal to greet your bong with this learned behavior and wanting the reward of your best love after putting up with having smoke blown in its face.

Your pet doesn't want to get high at all, it only desires the extra love & affection it gets based on your rituals. Learned behavior.

stop getting your pets high, they really don't have any choice in the matter.

but hey that's just my .02 worth.......

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
S4L: What good are pets if you can't get them high? If you take away that aspect of our relationship they just eat, sh*t, pee and die. Occasionally there's some heavy petting, but that's only on occasion and I have to be really drunk.

And I certainly cannot stand silently by while there are so many cats and dogs still sober when I could get them more lifted than a space shuttle with Parliament Funkadelic onboard.

Last edited by a moderator: