What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do you feed your dog?

desant

Veteran
What do you feed your dog???

What do you feed your dog???

I kno some people buy the most cheapest largest bag of horrible dog food and forget about you pet needs for 6 month...

No way man. I love dogs and i want them to have same lovely cousine as us.

Before we start, these foods are toxic for dogs:

Chocolate
Cherries
Onions
Grapes
Resins
Avocados

DO NOT give these to your dogs!!!

My cats favourite food is king size prawns and medium rare slacied beef which sells at a big price in my deli... but the thing with cats they only eat few select foods... very picky they are :cathug:

As for dogs, waw, i LOVE cooking and eating with them, just like in Scooby Doo.

My dogs favourite food is burgers, deep fried fish, cheese, soups, bones, sosages.... but most of all she LOVES .... blueberry pancakes!!! :dance013:

Also dont know about US, but in UK this year a new dog food company was launched: called "natural Dog Food Company" that uses only "human grade meat" in their "crunchies" and cans/tins. You might want to take a look into that.

Last edited:

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
my boxer love Grapes....she will also suck on a smarties untill it gets to the chocolate then spit them out.....

my dogs get dry food,,eg Iams,Beta,Eukanuba.......thay also get pasta, chicken, rice, but not all the time

keep it green
highlander

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Cat.

My dog also loves squirrel, but she usually just gets Costco dog food (most other brands make her puke.)

Desant, why the high-fat diet for your pooch? That isn't good for them, any more than it's good for you. Over time their arteries will clog and their joints will suffer from their extra body weight, leading to a shorter life and less physical ability with age.

desant

Veteran
"Desant, why the high-fat diet for your pooch?"

1. they do lots of exercise.

2. they dont get to eat HEAPS of it, just right :)

raw prey model in the morning and either kirkland chickenand rice,totw,evo at night.

and the costco food is kirkland. and the chicken and rice is actually a pretty decent food.

C

Chamba

I feed my dog a combination of dry dog food and leftovers. The leftovers are rinsed with water to wash away the salt (or their fur will become dull).

Walk the dog daily for 30 ~ 60 minutes, use a quality dog shampoo weekly or fortnightly, and never feed them anything with sugar or salt in it and don't over feed them.

As for dogs, waw, i LOVE cooking and eating with them, just like in Scooby Doo.

My dogs favourite food is burgers, deep fried fish, cheese, soups, bones, sosages.... but most of all she LOVES .... blueberry pancakes!!!

Of course she loves it!

I bet your dog has dull fur, is overweight, lacks vigor and muscle tone...do it a favor and stop feeding it processed food full of salt, sugar, additives and preservatives..be responsible.....bones are excellent, but the rest is crap.

woof!

EnjoiKush

Feeding your dog excessive amounts of cooked meat, cheeses etc. is not healthy. Dogs need raw meat not cooked, deep fried fish and burgers?? come on man.

That isn't good for them, any more than it's good for you

Dogs are carnivores for the most part, you think they eat nothing but muscle meat?? There natural diet is pretty high in fat...

http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/id77.htm

Good article on what to feed your dog

nomaad

Veteran
thumbnail.php

and all the stuff that cannot be composted like meat scraps and bones.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Fresh chickens........Fresh Fish......Water Buffalo......bit's from Cows.......

....oh and for vegetable matter they graze on fresh grass most every day.....

....occasionally I might throw them a live pig, just for the hunt....

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
good thread

I feed my dog the same food. On a funny note, all the most expensive vet recommended food fucked up her coat and her skin, made her real over weight too, but the dollar store no name food makes her coat skin and health overall health is now outstanding.

Trillion

Nice thread desant! High fat food is okay very occasionaly but I would avoid fried and especially deep fried foods, you dont want them to have the less healthy oils used in such foods. Eukanabu is great dry food but my boxer's stomach is a bit sensitive for dry food. I feed mine canned food called Royal Canin Veterinary Sensitivity Control, which is mostly rice and meat and he supplements this with plenty of grass. I would like to get some food with more veggies in but the organic food is sooo expensive like £2/can.

Gypsy if that's true that you let your dogs hunt pigs that's the coolest thing. Do you have a proper pack? Outside dogs?

Trillion

Yeah the whole pack live in a canine Club Med situation in Asia......

Plenty of space on the beach, so they swim alot.....15 acres of coconut farm to run about in......

Wow, that sounds perfect. I took my dog to the beach in bexhill/hastings once and he started drinking the salt water and then... just say it was lucky the waves cleaned it up!

my dogs have never been real picky. probably they most enjoy red meats. cats a bit more picky mine loved to catch and eat doves all but the wings and head. also the same cat really liked orange cantalope go figure.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only dog food my Jack Russell seems to like is Caesar, he's quite picky. He likes cheese, ham, any kind of meat really. He loves a plain digestive biscuit too, lol.

When he was younger before I took him in, the previous owners took him to the vet who put him on a dry food diet which to be honest nearly killed him. He had gooey eye problems, skin and fur issues, angry all the time, etc.
After a few months of decent food, exercise and love he is in perfect health. :)

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We've always kept dogs,, or been around dogs :friends:

Dogs do like onions!! cooked not raw! Onion soup was a staple served nearly cold over kibble in winter... they also love a roasted onion! Not sure how bad they are for them?

Most dogs dont like honey and banana for some reason? texture and smell.

Get a complete feed (kibble) that is scientifically balanced,,, the MOST expensive brand you can afford!! NEVER wet food from a can and husk biscuit,, that's sh*t food! IMO! (bad for teeth, breath, coat, and well being!).

When young/growing supplement BIG dogs with egg yolks (NOT egg white),, brown bread,, grated cheese,, brown rice and tuna fish occasionally (never feed too much salt in diet to dogs!)... a sprig of fresh mint, a pinch of ganja,, and a spoon of the best grade olive oil ,,, every now and then - helps keep their coats in tip top condition.

Otherwise we NEVER met any (medium - to large) dog that disliked the taste of a Chinese Takeaway, a medium-hot Indian curry with rice,, and cooked game meats (Pigeon, Pheasant, Rabbit, and Deer/venison) in a stew/soup,, served cold the day after. IMO this is the BEST diet a working dog can get! as extra , not staple.

Basically feed them best you can,, watch fatty foods and sugar and milk, they aren't good!

Hope this helps

NEVER feed a dog on the flesh of the flock it is hired to protect [Marcus Varro; Res Rustica] ..!

N.B. if your dog ever starts severely vomiting (without having just ate grass,, cause they do that) , then take it to VET! If experienced with dogs then give it some plain natural yogurt, not a lot, and starve them for that day (see what else comes up). If fine, then proceed with a diet of boiled chicken breast (served cold) and boiled brown rice (served cold) for a few days. As/when your dog recovers move it back onto it's regular food. If troubles persist,, see a VET!

Trichgnomes

Check out this thread that coincidentally has the same title, which was started months ago by myself!

Raw Feeding is where it's at!

Just because your dog "likes" a particular cuisine, it doesn't mean you should fucking feed them fried food. What gave you the impression that your dog enjoys said food? Did he/she describe the intricacies and delicacies that his/her palate experienced? Or was it just gobbled up and consumed rapidly, as any dog would do when provided with a meal from a human, whether or not it is nutritious and/or biologically appropriate.
:wave: